Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No more uploading to Soundcloud from iOs devices?

edited January 2015 in General App Discussion

Today I got this mail from Soundcloud. It seems the iPad version of Souncloud is getting updated to match the iPhone version which I really hate btw. The mail also says that uploading tracks from iPad will be removed!!! Am I getting it wrong?

Here's the mail:

We’ve noticed you’re an iOS user and want to inform you about some upcoming changes. In two weeks, we’ll be updating the SoundCloud iPad app to align it with our iPhone app. This update streamlines the listening experience, adds playlist creation, and enables us to better support and develop SoundCloud on iPad, but it also means that some features will be removed or temporarily changing.
The ability to add and view comments, track info, and follower/following lists will all be temporarily removed. We’re already hard at work on bringing them back to the app as quickly as possible. Notifications and the recording and uploading functions will be removed.
If you have tracks you’ve recorded but haven’t uploaded, please follow the instructions below to save them. You can upload the tracks to your SoundCloud profile, or you can download them to your computer. Please do this as soon as possible to ensure that you don’t lose anything you’ve recorded.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email -- we’ll be happy to help!
Thanks,

SoundCloud

Comments

• No you read it right, seems a completely retrograde step for Soundcloud, it seems bonkers to me!

• edited January 2015

I would say you are right,there is not much to misunderstand.Maybe they should have write about what they leave in the app instead.That list would be much shorter,lol.

So,don't update.Problem solved (probably)

• edited January 2015

I wonder if this update effects the upload functionality within music apps.

• Pretty sure it doesn't @Mucci. In fact, from things I read when the iPhone app came out, I think they want to positively encourage the use of 3rd party apps (not their own) for uploading.

• The upload from different apps is done via an API (Application programming interface) which shouldn't be affected by the update of their client app. So all good here.

• I wonder what the Soundcloud of five years time will be when this Soundcloud has fallen even further from grace...

• edited January 2015

Someone needs to make a better alternative to soundcloud that targets iOS music creation. I know just enough web design to be dangerous.

Edit
    Maybe start it out with invitation only, so it can start out small and grow as needed.

• Sound cloud is trying to be a consumer app/destination. Big deals with labels recently, ajaxy web app so music never stops while browsing, ad insertion as a revenue source soon and removal of creator facilities from their own client apps all point in that direction. As long as they don't cripple the API I actually think this is very good news. Focus helps actualize stuff like the iPhone. As creators, it's in our best interest for them to focus as much as possible on the listener.

Badass creator focussed soundcloud client could certainly be made with the current API. Something else to beg J Lilla for? Would be perfectly suited to AudioShare and an IAP.

• Soundcloud has changed now for creators sad but true. I would recommend this site and has a handy soundcloud import too http://tinyurl.com/o82mua6. I'll be cancelling my pro account as soon as I've transferred all my tracks. The iOS app used to be brilliant, but now it's went from bad to worse, final nail in the coffin form me.