Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do I get the AB control back from hiding?

edited December 2014 in Support and Feedback

Air 1, iOS 8.1.2 everything up to date

Some apps have started showing the AB control panel as a vertical strip floating a couple of inches from the right edge. This works well for apps that use screen margins for control areas. But when I use the arrowhead icon on the control strip to temporarily hide it I can't figure out how to get it back.

VirSyn's AudioReverb comes immediately to mind as an example.

Comments

• edited December 2014

Chordbot does it too. Can't figure out how to get it back.

• Thanks, don't feel quite as dumb now.

• Swipe from the edge of the screen where the bar appeared in the first place.

• edited December 2014

The bar does not appear at the edge of the screen ( where it normally does). It appears about 1/3 from the right edge towards the center. Swiping doesn't work.

• This happens with AudioBus a fair amount across many apps. I assume it is usually a problem with the implementation of AB by that particular app, since it seems to usually work in other apps. The mini-controls will sometimes disappear, even if it seems that the AudioBus chain has stayed connected. Some other times, the chain breaks altogether, though this is rare.

• You're encountering a problem caused by a bug on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices. Their screen scaling does something weird to the Audiobus SDK. There's not much you can do other than to ask the developers of the apps this is appearing in for you to update to the latest Audiobus SDK, which contains a fix.

• edited December 2014

Happens on the iPad Air 1.

I'll start contacting the appropriate devs.