Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitarism Vs Live Guitar

2»

Comments

• That's very helpful.
    I will look into your suggestions.
    Thank you very much,both of you.

• @SecretBaseDesign +1 for TabToolKit. The iRealBook looks great. Here's a URL for a jazz real, free but nowhere near as versatile as that app looks.
    http://www.realbooksite.com/

• Ted,thank you.

• I pretty much like any thread that references the Ramones.

• @syrupcore - haha, i thought the exact same thing!

@secretbase - you should develop a ramones or simple super basic 5ths punk app. think of all the green day fans or other ramones ripoff bands who'd buy it

• @syrupcore @gjcyrus -- Gabba gabba hey! Click the share button in LG, search, and import.... https://twitter.com/search?q=#sbdlg

And you've used the app on the 11th, right?

• edited April 2013

@Rhism - My favorite iOS guitar app is still iShred - the UI is slick, it's very easy to edit chords and I like how it sounds. I've played with it live on stange and I don't play the guitar...

Strangely enough, even though Guitarism is more similar in layout to iShred/Guitar Studio, I've been playing with Live Guitar more, especially on the iPad. The layout feels like playing Guitar Hero and the auto chords from TAB data is slick! What I don't like about it is chord editing after you've created a set, while it's very easy/flexible to create, I find editing a little weird. Sometimes that one string on the acoustic drives me nuts though, wish there was an option to have it clean. (BTW - it's sound files are exposed and if you use something like iExplorer you could potentially change them to other samples...)

• @drelbs Thanks for the comment! This is exactly why apps are subjective experiences, I can totally see why you would prefer LG over guitarism. I do like the Guitar Hero-ness of the LG interface, like I said earlier if you're able to remember the finger combinations for all the chords it's far less prone to physical error than guitarism.

I suspect many of the differences between the two apps may converge with time (LG will become smoother, guitarism will become more full-featured) but the chord selection mechanism will remain a fundamental difference. guitarism on iPad will be a bit more Guitar Hero-like, but not in the same way as LG.

As for iShred, it was the first guitar app I found somewhat usable, so no arguments there. I ultimately found that I couldn't play it without looking at the screen as the buttons were too small and too many. This was a deal-breaker for me as looking at the screen puts me in left-brain analytical mode whereas I want to be in right-brain emotive mode when playing music. But if you're focused on playing the instrument it's an extremely powerful app, the effects sound great and quite frankly it's been the trailblazer for all the rest of the guitar apps, guitarism included. Tons of respect for iShred.

• @Rhism, how we doing on the next Guitarism update? ;-)

• What do you guys think about Guitar Chord Pro Songwriter? Anyone have it?

• @AkaMarko Sad story :) I submitted it to App Store Review last week, it was in review yesterday, then got rejected late last night due to an issue with the way it handles some data files. I resubmitted this morning so unless they find another issue, should be out a week from today!

• edited March 2014

• Great news on Guitarism update!

• @Rhism, not sad news, just a hiccup. Looking forward to the update. :-)

• @AkaMarko Already having it as opposed to getting it next week is little sad. ;-)

• @Simon Just needed to mark some data files as "do not backup" as they are easily re-creatable and don't need to take up extra space on the user's iTunes or iCloud accounts :)