Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSymphonic Orchestra Vs iFretless

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

For those of us who came "this close" to purchasing iSymphonic Orchestra on Black Friday but didn't pull thy trigger, I ask those who own both iSO and the iFretless apps; which would win in a cage match? It'd be nice to have an 'all-in-one' like iSO, however, we can snatch all four iFretless apps in a bundle for less than iSO's sale. Another advantage of iFretless is the fact that it's also available on the iPhones. Third...AudioBus. So from my outside viewpoint, between the demos I've heard, the prices, accessibility, and ease of use, I'd say it is 1-3 iFretless in the lead! Maybe iFretless Brass with a tag team of ThumbJam or some other SoundFont Player? What are your thoughts?

Comments

• I don't own any ifretless apps, but one reason I really wanted iSymphonic was that it had everything in one easy to use package and does a lot of automation for you, such as choosing which instruments to play with which notes. When I want more control I can look to something else, but for me this fills a niche that those apps can't offer... a freedom of just being able to play and not having to fiddle with settings and multiple apps to make it work.

• Since the day of its release I'm waiting for an update of iFretlessBrass concerning the much
    too low output.Nothing happened since then!And I payed the full price...

• I have all the ifretless apps, the bass and brass are particularly good
    They offer excellent playability and phrasing, particularly the bass.
    If you play guitar or bass I think you will enjoy the interface
    The brass sounds are excellent
    If you like TJ, you will find iF very good
    ISO wasn't so impressed with the demos
    I use TJ cello, some mellotron strings, and sound tank
    For solo parts these are better, but by the sound of it, proper orchestration
    Is ISO's forte

• edited November 2014

I have both. Not sure why the comparison except that both are samplers. ISO is classical whereas iFretless is more specific. I guess the iFretless brass has a sort of classical sound. I'm VERY unimpressed with the Brass in particular though. The sounds for the trumpet in particular are just awful. The others are a bit better. I mostly use iFretless with virtual MIDI. I don't play guitar (and don't want to learn) so the "string" interface is really a bit baffling to me. I'd prefer a custom scale keyboard but I guess they want to be different.

• I like both but ifretless interface includes much more control of the sound and is playable as a stand alone, iSymphonic you have to use an external velocity sensitive midi keyboard to get decent expression out of it. iFretless brass is really nice sounding

• I don't have iSymphonic, so can't make a direct comparison, But iFretlessBASS is excellent. I don't play guitar but i like the way it forces me to work/ think differently and besides, iFretless without the frets wouldn't be the same oldlibmike.

If you really need to play iFretless on a keyboard then it works well over midi with Cubasis, where you can hook up a keyboard. But its not the same as playing the app itself, Which sounds great btw.

• iFretless are still working on a string(-section?) sounds app too I think.

The string UI in iFretless offers much more expression than most regular on-screen keyboards, such as slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs and vibrato, but lacks the convenience of scale configs that many screen keyboards have now.

It's more suited to playing solo/lead than rhythm or strumming.