Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI clock in not working with LoopyHD

edited November 2014 in Support and Feedback

I've been using Audiobus (not sure what version; probably ~4 months ago) with LoopyHD, slaving to an external MIDI clock, and this worked mostly well. However, I recently updated my (normally not network connected) iPad mini from iOS 7 to iOS 8 and Audiobus 2.1.8. Now, when I run Audiobus with LoopyHD, LoopyHD doesn't see or respond to the incoming MIDI clock that is coming into my Scarlett 6i6 interface. I have also tried disconnecting the interface and using Midibus as a clock generator. This shows exactly the same problem.

When running LoopyHD by itself the clock works fine. Note that the MIDI clock coming out of LoopyHD is fine either way. I have tried setting the clock sources in LoopyHD to the 6i6's clock, Midibus's clock, and a network clock, all with no luck. I've unchecked MIDI control and output as these are not necessary for me.

Seems like there is either a problem with iOS 8 or Audiobus, but seeing as how LoopyHD (whose version is the same as before) works fine on its own it kinda seems like an Audiobus issue. Is anyone else seeing this? I regret upgrading now as I don't think there's any way for me to get back to versions that do what I need. I can't act as MIDI master as I am slaving to an external synth setup.

Thanks,
Chris