Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creating SF2 from iPad synths

I want to create some sf2 from some of my favourite iPad synth/patches. If have no idea what software i should use. Can anyone recommand me something for mac. F.e. i want to record every single note from an Animoog patch including some movements/modulations and very subtle pitch shifting etc. I want then combine this into a sf2 (maybe with layerd sounds) which i can use in some soundfonts players or synths like Alchemy which supports sf2.
Thank's!

Comments

• Only one I know of is Polyphontics.

http://sonicamigos.com/software/

• @BiancaNeve: Thank you very much. I will check it out!

• edited November 2014

@Cinebient I am a big fan of Polyphone, and it's free! Check it out:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/polyphone/

• @Cubilas: Thank's, free sounds of course good to try. I still wonder why there is nothing for iOS since we have also a few soundfonts players there.

• Is Polyphone Yosemite compatible?

• Will this work on a XP PC?

• Yes I believe it's cross platform XP or later, I was hoping someone had used it on the Mac Yosemite, I'm going to give it a go on my Win 8 machine, but would really want it on my Mac, it's my re-synthesis hub, but had quite a few problems of late with things messing up under Yosemite, kind of like iOS.

• Anybody know if Audacity or another free audio editor that snaps to zero cross points in the waveform.

• @knewspeak said:
    but would really want it on my Mac, it's my re-synthesis hub, but had quite a few problems of late with things messing up under Yosemite, kind of like iOS.

It works perfectly on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite too :)

• Samu thanks, that's great news, been a long time since I created sf's back on Win 98, using Vienna. Thinking of using them as a basis in quite a few soft synths Ive got, and also here on iOS.

• I have one that works on PC - I believe it is the Polyphone one linked above. Given that it's free, it absolutely works. It's also really friggin' tedious to program them, especially if you get into the multi-layered thing. Actually, I was never quite clear what "multi-layered" meant for SoundFonts. I believe what the poster was referencing with Animoog samples would actually be "multi-timbral", which would be like having pressing the C3 key and having a dry note playing at the same time as a modulated/detuned/etc. sound of the same note.

I had assumed that "multi-layered" referenced velocity changes. So, you would record 5 different samples for that C3 note, which are triggered by velocity ranges (101-127, 80-100, etc.). With Animoog, you could even do things like adding gain or modulation to make the sound grittier, as opposed to just louder, as the velocity increases.

But, again, really freakin' tedious to program. More samples also means larger file sizes, though there are many compact SF2 files available. I started mapping Derek B's drum kits to SF2 files, but the only advantage to doing that was that you could use them within a DAW that plays SoundFonts, or have great MIDI connectivity for using bs-16i as a drum machine. Once the work is done, though, you would have a very useful tool that captures maybe a favorite sound or handful of sounds from a synth, and runs them efficiently as audio files, as opposed to relying on the whole synth engine.

• Yes, the layering, was as much for timbral changes if I remember correctly, but can't you chose the number of layers and zones you use? I was thinking of automating this in a DAW, playing a set of reference notes followed by silence, then recording the output, for editing later.