Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How are Santa Ana Gadget Sounds vs Steel Guitar Pro and Soundfonts with Distortion/Amp Sims

Been wanting to use more chugging rhythm electric in my music and am wondering if anyone has opinions on the quality and uniqueness of sounds. I wish I could use the Riffler sounds without the riffs when I want to program something, but alas!

I like Steel Guitar for the cleaner tones, but find that I usually need to doctor it up more for that punchy distorted electric chuggy rhythm. If Santa Ana is a lot fuller I might go for it while it’s on sale. Thanks!

Comments

• I've got some experience using guitar soundfonts and sfz files, and they were OK. The main limitation with those is lack of control over expression, or the fact that the expression effects vary from one soundfont or SFZ config file to the next. Regarding Riffler, or any app that produces sounds you like, there is always the option of sampling from it and then importing the samples into a sampler app or similar, but I know that just won't work out in some cases and the manual labor can be intensive, but still worth considering. Regarding the Santa Ana Gadget, I found some really nice strat sounds in there, and I've only had a day and a half to play with it, but I'm really liking it. I got Gadget 3 for $20 USD and the guitar for $9.99 on sale, and a bunch of other gadgets came with it, and I'm pretty impressed so far. I posted a video of my experiments in the forum and have links to some other YouTube videos with demos as well:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/60408/korg-gadget-santa-ana-guitar-short-demo-dont-sleep-on-this-one-on-sale-until-4-15#latest

• @EdZAB said:
    I've got some experience using guitar soundfonts and sfz files, and they were OK. The main limitation with those is lack of control over expression, or the fact that the expression effects vary from one soundfont or SFZ config file to the next. Regarding Riffler, or any app that produces sounds you like, there is always the option of sampling from it and then importing the samples into a sampler app or similar, but I know that just won't work out in some cases and the manual labor can be intensive, but still worth considering. Regarding the Santa Ana Gadget, I found some really nice strat sounds in there, and I've only had a day and a half to play with it, but I'm really liking it. I got Gadget 3 for $20 USD and the guitar for $9.99 on sale, and a bunch of other gadgets came with it, and I'm pretty impressed so far. I posted a video of my experiments in the forum and have links to some other YouTube videos with demos as well:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/60408/korg-gadget-santa-ana-guitar-short-demo-dont-sleep-on-this-one-on-sale-until-4-15#latest

Thanks for sharing. I ended up getting it and am very happy with the articulations in the samples.

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@EdZAB said:
    I've got some experience using guitar soundfonts and sfz files, and they were OK. The main limitation with those is lack of control over expression, or the fact that the expression effects vary from one soundfont or SFZ config file to the next. Regarding Riffler, or any app that produces sounds you like, there is always the option of sampling from it and then importing the samples into a sampler app or similar, but I know that just won't work out in some cases and the manual labor can be intensive, but still worth considering. Regarding the Santa Ana Gadget, I found some really nice strat sounds in there, and I've only had a day and a half to play with it, but I'm really liking it. I got Gadget 3 for $20 USD and the guitar for $9.99 on sale, and a bunch of other gadgets came with it, and I'm pretty impressed so far. I posted a video of my experiments in the forum and have links to some other YouTube videos with demos as well:

Thanks for sharing. I ended up getting it and am very happy with the articulations in the samples.

Glad to hear it 👍

• What presets do you use to play with articulations? With the single exception of the “hot lead” sound, they all seem to be prerecorded rhythms.

• @garden said:
    What presets do you use to play with articulations? With the single exception of the “hot lead” sound, they all seem to be prerecorded rhythms.

I should have specified... I meant the rhythm articulations. Not really solo stuff.