Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Understanding Animoog Z keyboard and getting the same feel from a piano roll?

I have been trying out Animoog Z and many of the sounds are quite amazing . I just find when I am playing notes from it’s internal keyboard, it sounds better and a lot of of expression, but when I try just sequencing it from a piano roll like Atom, it loses all the mood. How can I get it the same feel like from the Animoog keyboard in a piano roll? Thanks as always ;)

Comments

• edited April 2

You need a sequencer / pianoroll that supports recording and playing back MPE controller data. Xequence is one that does. There may be others ☺️

• edited April 2

@SevenSystems said:
    You need a sequencer / pianoroll that supports recording and playing back MPE controller data. Xequence is one that does. There may be others ☺️

Ah ok.. that new technology. Does Ableton send out this from its piano roll? I guess that Push 2/3 does this well.

I have Atom and Drambo. Hmmm

That Xequence looks pretty nice though.

• wimwim
    edited April 2

Neither Atom nor Drambo record Animoog's output with sufficient accuracy for playing back Animoog. You can use the free Midi Tape Recorder app but it doesn't have any editing ability. Xequence 2, as mentioned can edit the MPE data. You might be able to use Midi Tape Recorder for convenience recording and export the midi to X2 if you need to edit. I haven't tried that hybrid combination though.

I think those are the only two options.

• edited April 2

Is it possible to use the Animoog keyboard to record into a midi sequencer maybe ? I don’t understand the point of this keyboard if one can’t sequence it. Maybe in Ableton ?

• wimwim
    edited April 2

@Antos3345 said:
    Is it possible to use the Animoog keyboard to record into a midi sequencer maybe ? I don’t understand the point of this keyboard if one can’t sequence it. Maybe in Ableton ?

It's possible to record to any midi sequencer. However, Midi Tape Recorder and Xequence 2 are the only ones that I know of that have the needed MPE recording and level of accuracy to work well enough to provide a decent playback experience when using expression.

Midi Tape Recorder was developed by the Animoog developer at the time specifically to bridge this gap.

• edited April 3

@wim said:

@Antos3345 said:

It's possible to record to any midi sequencer. However, Midi Tape Recorder and Xequence 2 are the only ones that I know of that have the needed MPE recording and level of accuracy to work well enough to provide a decent playback experience when using expression.

Midi Tape Recorder was developed by the Animoog developer at the time specifically to bridge this gap.

Thanks for your help and information. It seems both of those sequencers could do the job. Between them,, which one is better option because they are almost the same price.

• Btw midi tape recorder isnt free anymore

• @Antos3345 said:

@wim said:

@Antos3345 said:

Thanks for your help and information. It seems both of those sequencers could do the job. Between them,, which one is better option because they are almost the same price.

Midi Tape Recorder has no editing capabilities whatsoever (as the name implies), so if you want to tweak anything about your performance after recording, then Xequence is the more appropriate choice.

• @Antos3345 said:

@wim said:

@Antos3345 said:

As mentioned, X2 is the only one with editing, and it has vastly more capability.
    The only advantage of Midi Tape Recorder is that it's an an AUv3 plugin.

• Thanks again. It’s always an ongoing learning experience:)