Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - On the Mend (Disco vs Techno inst made in Koala, vox in CB3, mastered w Logic)

Here's my latest song. That one friend I blocked about a month ago and I made amends, and this song is about that. Hope you all enjoy what I did as much as I enjoyed making it. Cheers. :mrgreen:

Comments

• I really love that opening synth line, and that bass is amazing. Cool vocals too….

Man this is cool 😎

• @Fear2Stop said:
    I really love that opening synth line, and that bass is amazing. Cool vocals too….

Man this is cool 😎

Thanks mate. :) The opening synth line is a oneshot sampled from BA-1's default patch, except with the battery turned down a little bit. I know I should mess with BA-1 a bit more, but that default patch sounds amazing as-is. Kudos to @tristan

Now the bassline during the chorus is rather complex despite it not sounding complex. There's a synth bass for the verses, but the bass during the chorus is actually a slap electric bass hocketing with the synth bass. Like Techno and Disco are battling it out in the instrumental as a way to emulate how I had fought with my friend before we made up.

The lyrics, while mostly unintelligible (and god knows I tried my best to make them sound clearer lol), are about the redemption of the friendship. The lyrics...

Of course I was heavily inspired by both Daft Punk and Justice for this production. Daft Punk's vocoded vocals are always so incredible and haunting, and Justice's take on disco is simply chef's kiss. I really do like the French Touch genre. (Shut up @michael_m 😂🤣 I know you mate. I know you're going to (mis)quote that. :mrgreen: Joking obviously.)

Thinking about planning my next EP. And I don't mean an unfinished EP where I release the tracks separately on Soundcloud because I lost interest. I feel inspired by "Random Access Memories" and "Woman". Two baller albums from the mid 2010s.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:
    I really love that opening synth line, and that bass is amazing. Cool vocals too….

Man this is cool 😎

Thanks mate. :) The opening synth line is a oneshot sampled from BA-1's default patch, except with the battery turned down a little bit. I know I should mess with BA-1 a bit more, but that default patch sounds amazing as-is. Kudos to @tristan

Now the bassline during the chorus is rather complex despite it not sounding complex. There's a synth bass for the verses, but the bass during the chorus is actually a slap electric bass hocketing with the synth bass. Like Techno and Disco are battling it out in the instrumental as a way to emulate how I had fought with my friend before we made up.

The lyrics, while mostly unintelligible (and god knows I tried my best to make them sound clearer lol), are about the redemption of the friendship. The lyrics...

Of course I was heavily inspired by both Daft Punk and Justice for this production. Daft Punk's vocoded vocals are always so incredible and haunting, and Justice's take on disco is simply chef's kiss. I really do like the French Touch genre. (Shut up @michael_m 😂🤣 I know you mate. I know you're going to (mis)quote that. :mrgreen: Joking obviously.)

Thinking about planning my next EP. And I don't mean an unfinished EP where I release the tracks separately on Soundcloud because I lost interest. I feel inspired by "Random Access Memories" and "Woman". Two baller albums from the mid 2010s.

Gotta give you props for BA-1. That is an incredible synth; even if I haven’t figured out how to initialize , I can at least tweak the holy hell out of the amazing presets

• @Fear2Stop said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Man this is cool 😎

Gotta give you props for BA-1. That is an incredible synth; even if I haven’t figured out how to initialize , I can at least tweak the holy hell out of the amazing presets

Well, I suspect the default patch is the initialised patch. 😅

• I don > @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Man this is cool 😎

Well, I suspect the default patch is the initialised patch.

I don’t see a default patch! It loads analog brass baby in au mode, and whatever the last patch was used in standalone

• (Shut up @michael_m 😂🤣 I know you mate. I know you're going to (mis)quote that. :mrgreen: Joking obviously.)

You’ve been slacking on putting quotable things in your posts lately, so good job here… 😂

• Only just got round to listening. As usual it’s a great arrangement and production job Jim. Vocoding is spot on in this one, and it’s got some really nice synth lines.

• @Fear2Stop said:
    I don > @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fear2Stop said:

Man this is cool 😎

Well, I suspect the default patch is the initialised patch.

I don’t see a default patch! It loads analog brass baby in au mode, and whatever the last patch was used in standalone

That's what I mean in AUv3 mode as "default patch", the brass one, lol. 😂

@michael_m said:

(Shut up @michael_m 😂🤣 I know you mate. I know you're going to (mis)quote that. :mrgreen: Joking obviously.)

You’ve been slacking on putting quotable things in your posts lately, so good job here… 😂

ROFL!

@michael_m said:
    Only just got round to listening. As usual it’s a great arrangement and production job Jim. Vocoding is spot on in this one, and it’s got some really nice synth lines.

Cheers mate. :) Thank you so much.

• Pretty cool! I love the vocoder sound. Original Battlestar Gallactica cylons!

• I missed that one. Very catchy. Nice to see your progression with vocals.

• @klownshed said:
    Pretty cool! I love the vocoder sound. Original Battlestar Gallactica cylons!

Nice! 😎 The vocoder definitely fits this song well. I honestly didn't feel like using autotune this time, especially when I wanted to have the chorus be rich in harmonies.

@ecou said:
    I missed that one. Very catchy. Nice to see your progression with vocals.

Thanks mate. My voice is still rather lackluster, but using a vocoder seemed like the right call for this recording. ;)