Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Happy 10th YouTube Anniversary Jakob! Massive 75min "touch apps" video special...

Jakob celebrates his 10th YouTube Anniversary with a special video on touch apps, "The Touch Experience":

Thanks for all the videos Jakob!

Comments

• Yeah, thank you Jacob. I really enjoy your approach, message, and curiosity.

• Yeah, Jakob Haq is just an amazing guy!

Skills, great humorist, nice & kindly personality!
    We love you JH!

• Many happy returns Jakob! Love his amazing work on iOS, visuals included. Such good humour in everything he does.

• Fantastic video. Great to see Jakob doing his signature video style and covering some of my favorite older apps and some really cool ones that I haven't tried. Well worth watching!

• That was a good one, as usual. Always such thorough work behind his videos.

• Congrats Jakob.

• Happy anniversary, Jakob!

• It was Jakob who turned me onto Audiobus Forum.. Happy 10th anniversary Jakob!!

• Happy 10th anniversary @jakoB_haQ ! Thank you always for your excellent videos. :)

• Jakob is a great content creator. Talented musician, too.

• He does not seem to visit this forum anymore.

• The video is an excellent reminder of how good (and innovative) iPad apps can be, irrespective of whether they are AUv3 or not. @jakoB_haQ @Gavinski and @thesoundtestroom have all been doing a great job lately of reminding us about older apps that are amazing.

And a very happy 10th to Jakob. Whose videos introduced me to Hainbach, MiRack (and also Dean’s channel and his MiRack tutorials) and the Moog semimodulars. In other words, completely transformed how I think about music and how I make it.

• Jakob has always done a great job at educating on iOS apps. Congrats on the milestone!

• And I just realised there's a video to watch lol. 😂 My mind isn't the most observant lol.

• This was his last post. After this last pileon, I doubt this is one of his favorite places. Pitchforks and torches.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52582/why-i-don-t-want-to-review-ableton-note-haq-attaq/p1

• @musikeer said:
    This was his last post. After this last pileon, I doubt this is one of his favorite places. Pitchforks and torches.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52582/why-i-don-t-want-to-review-ableton-note-haq-attaq/p1

On a more general note: I think users here should be wary of posting vids here that creators themselves, working in this niche, chose not to post here. There can be good reasons why creators don't post here. It may serve their goals better, and create more ad revenue, which is already tiny in this space, if people watch on YouTube instead of here. That's just one example, there could be a lot of other reasons. I know that when people post those vids here, they mean well by it and I'm not trying to criticize anyone. It's normal that viewers don't think about these things in the same way that committed video creators might, so I hope that my post here about this is also taken in the spirit it is intended, rather than creating any kind of argument!

• @Gavinski said:
    On a more general note: I think users here should be wary of posting vids here that creators themselves, working in this niche, chose not to post here. There can be good reasons why creators don't post here. It may serve their goals better, and create more ad revenue, which is already tiny in this space, if people watch on YouTube instead of here. That's just one example, there could be a lot of other reasons. I know that when people post those vids here, they mean well by it and I'm not trying to criticize anyone. It's normal that viewers don't think about these things in the same way that committed video creators might, so I hope that my post here about this is also taken in the spirit it is intended, rather than creating any kind of argument!

I am guilty of this - I see a new video on Jakob or Doug's channel and I post a link here thinking it will help them get more traffic. Looks like I might be wrong doing that.

• @Simon said:

@Gavinski said:

I am guilty of this - I see a new video on Jakob or Doug's channel and I post a link here thinking it will help them get more traffic. Looks like I might be wrong doing that.

I know it's REALLY well intended Simon! I've just been thinking about this a bit recently and wondering how to broach it. Thanks for not taking it personally, as it is not meant personally in any way. And different people, including different 'creators', may well have different views from me on this. Cheers man!

• @Gavinski said:
    I know it's REALLY well intended Simon! I've just been thinking about this a bit recently and wondering how to broach it. Thanks for not taking it personally, as it is not meant personally in any way. And different people, including different 'creators', may well have different views from me on this. Cheers man!

No worries Gav.

I am guessing Doug doesn't have a problem with it, as he posts links to his videos here himself.

It would be good to hear from other content creators about what they would like. I imagine everyone here wants to help the YouTubers as much as possible.