Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Gear directory

A major barrier for new Loopy Pro users seems to be putting together a setup with solid gear. So I’ve just created a new gear directory for Loopy Pro: a user-created database of hardware that works well. If you have the time and inclination, I’d be incredibly grateful if you could help populate it with your own experiences! (And also make sure that everything’s working properly, as I haven’t tested it a great deal!).

Here it is: https://gear.loopypro.com/?access_token=fcf609ec

Comments

• Fantastic idea! Added Korg NanoKontrol.

• Superb idea!

• This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some on my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

You have to Bluetooth connect them one at a time (a quick tap makes them active), but crucially they have an individual ID, so loopy is remembering my control assignments, whichever order I connect them in.

Battery life is advertised as 2 years, with a swappable coin battery.

At the moment I have them set up as Rec (hold to clear)/Next/Previous - you can set different CCs in the Flic app for single tap/double tap (which I’ve not tried yet) and hold.

They are expensive, around £60 for 3, but so far they’re doing everything I hoped for and more, no usability friction beyond the initial setup.

Once I’ve put them through some thorough further testing I’ll add them to the gear directory. You can use them to control smart devices, but nothing in my house is as smart as Loopy Pro.

• @steve99 said:
    This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

……

Sounds cool. If you could add them to the directory that would be great!

• @espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:
    This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

……

Sounds cool. If you could add them to the directory that would be great!

A few more days rigorous testing first :) Sorry my guitar is so dusty and dirty, looked ok on my phone, but feel deeply ashamed now I'm seeing it on a big screen... will get the duster to it forthwith.