Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - How to record MIDI to Track 2 from Track 1?

I've got a setup in Drambo where I am generating MIDI output from Track 1 and routing it to Track 2. Placing an instrument on Track 2 and having it receive the incoming MIDI works fine (it plays the MIDI notes), so it's definitely receiving, but I want to record the MIDI to the pattern sequencer. When I try using the record button, nothing gets recorded on Track 2.

Comments

• Hi. Have you tried routing the Track 1 MIDI output to "MIDI Feedback", and receiving the Track 2 MIDI from MIDI Feedback? These are in the track Settings; tap on the track header. I believe that's meant to make the MIDI appear as if it comes from an external source, which is required to be able to record it. Originally, we had to use another app to receive the MIDI stream and reflect it back to Drambo. MIDI Feedback was created to replace this work-around.

• edited March 25

@uncledave said:
    Hi. Have you tried routing the Track 1 MIDI output to "MIDI Feedback", and receiving the Track 2 MIDI from MIDI Feedback? These are in the track Settings; tap on the track header. I believe that's meant to make the MIDI appear as if it comes from an external source, which is required to be able to record it. Originally, we had to use another app to receive the MIDI stream and reflect it back to Drambo. MIDI Feedback was created to replace this work-around.

@uncledave - I did not, but just tried now, and it works perfectly, thank you πŸ‘

If anyone is interested in seeing screenshots of the working setup, let me know and I'll throw some up. It's also possible that Leo over at SoundForMore covered this type of setup. If I find a video that covers it, I'll post the link.

• @EdZAB said:

@uncledave said:
    Hi. Have you tried routing the Track 1 MIDI output to "MIDI Feedback", and receiving the Track 2 MIDI from MIDI Feedback? These are in the track Settings; tap on the track header. I believe that's meant to make the MIDI appear as if it comes from an external source, which is required to be able to record it. Originally, we had to use another app to receive the MIDI stream and reflect it back to Drambo. MIDI Feedback was created to replace this work-around.

@uncledave - I did not, but just tried now, and it works perfectly, thank you πŸ‘

If anyone is interested in seeing screenshots of the working setup, let me know and I'll throw some up. It's also possible that Leo over at SoundForMore covered this type of setup. If I find a video that covers it, I'll post the link.

It can’t hurt to do it - some people are visual learners, so it might click quickly with them.

• @EdZAB said:

@uncledave said:

I’m interested! πŸ™πŸ½

• Here are the screenshots showing the MIDI Output module loaded at the end of Track 1 (with Channel 1 selected for output) and the settings for Track 2 for the MIDI Input. This may not be the optimal setting for all situations, but it works in this simple scenario.

• edited March 30

You can avoid the feedback routing by using sub tracks. Go into the first track and simply add a "track" module. You can then route Midi directly into the sub track. I'm not sure about Sequencer recording. You will probably have to either have the sub track in focus in order to record, or use the Sequencer module.