Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Mac is Coming, your Input is Needed!

GeoShred Mac is Coming, your Input is Needed!

GeoShred Mac is a MacOS version of GeoShred that runs on a Mac as a standalone app and an AuV3 plug-in. You can use your iOS device running GeoShred to control GeoShred Mac. Using iOS GeoShred, you get all the same three-dimensional physical modeling expressive control that you would get on your iOS device. Further, because it runs as an Auv3 plug-in on your Mac, it can be a part of your normal production workflow.

GeoShred Mac is best performed, expressively, from GeoShred's isomorphic keyboard. That being said you can perform GeoShred-Mac with an MPE controller and for the guitars and Naada instruments from a conventional MIDI controller or a breath controller.

We expect to release GeoShred Mac in the next few months.

Answers to the following questions will assist us with the rollout of GeoShred-Mac. Note that your response is anonymous. Please see the survey below:

GeoShred Mac Platform Survey

Thank you for your support, the GeoShred Team.

Comments

• Great news! Everything is already perfect with GeoShred, I have only a few minor wishes.

• New patch management, mainly to be able to delete faux factory presets. And please, the possibility to shade out or mark presets for the instruments we don’t own.

• Internal Help (Manuals)

Survey sent! 👍

• edited March 25

Agree about the patches / presets @Luxthor , it’s getting a bit unwieldy as there are so many.
    Not sure what you mean about Internal Help as there is one already.

• @GeoTony said:
    Agree about the patches / presets @Luxthor , it’s getting a bit unwieldy as there are so many.

So it’s not a browser-instantiated window listing an online source? What’s then filling up the privacy report? I logically assumed this was the case. Sorry for that.

• It is the former I.e. it accesses ‘ www.moforte.com/geoShredAssets6000/help’
    Not sure what the latter means re privacy.
    So it is available internally but accesses a resource externally 😊
    This isn’t a problem for me but may be for others.

• edited March 25

@GeoTony said:
    It is the former I.e. it accesses ‘ www.moforte.com/geoShredAssets6000/help’
    Not sure what the latter means re privacy.
    So it is available internally but accesses a resource externally 😊
    This isn’t a problem for me but may be for others.

I’m a pragmatic person, and GeoShred is such a monumental app on the iOS platform that I willingly decided to make a compromise. 😇

It’s not that I don’t believe in moForte as a developer, it’s about security on the internet and servers in use. If I were in their position, it would bother me greatly. For example, just read what happened to Bleass with the only notification service.

• I'm not the developer @Luxthor , just a happy user...

• edited March 25

@GeoTony said:
    I'm not the developer @Luxthor , just a happy user...

Sorry, Tony, it’s edited out now. ;)

• This is wonderful news, which could help greatly expand and enhance the GeoShred experience for desktop DAW users!

• @Luxthor said:
    Great news! Everything is already perfect with GeoShred, I have only a few minor wishes.

• New patch management, mainly to be able to delete faux factory presets. And please, the possibility to shade out or mark presets for the instruments we don’t own.

Survey sent! 👍

Maybe being able to Favorite patches would do what you’re looking for? If you delete patches that might play havoc with future software updates?

• edited March 25

Questions for @moForte:

• Will a repurchase of GeoShred SWAM plug-ins be necessary for the desktop version of GeoShred? I might be wrong here, but wouldn’t this directly compete with their own desktop software?

• Will macOS GeoShred be a separate purchase?

• Will it be necessary to keep the iPad connected to the desktop to operate GeoShred for Mac?

By the way, I am absolutely delighted to see this desktop version finally coming to fruition (and if a repurchase of either the software or instruments is necessary, it’s not a deal breaker because total cross-compatibility is what is most needed for music/audio production efficiency).

• edited March 26

Luxthor,

Notes inline

@Luxthor said:
    Great news! Everything is already perfect with GeoShred, I have only a few minor wishes.

We have an FAQ that covers some of this.
    https://www.moforte.com/geoShredAssets6000/help/FAQs/index.html#factorySetlists

You can't delete factory presets, they are burned into the app.

"All Presets" is was not intended for workflow. Most users navigate the presets by setlist. Thus you can just skip the setlists for instruments that you are not interested in.

"All Presets" is nothing more than an unordered pool of presets for the setlists to draw on. Even if all the presets where unlocked, using "All Presets" for navigation will be chaotic at best because the only order, is the order that we add them to the preset pool. Further the list is too long for 7 bit program change (127 presets) to work in a MIDI controller environment.

The setlists, including your own personal setlists, are the intended way to navigate the preset space. They are organized by type of preset. They are also small enough to fit into the 7 bit (127) program change enumeration. This is described in Chapter 6 of the video manual.

We are considering the following incremental changes

• Putting "All Presets" at the end of the setlists.
    • Creating a new automatic Setlist near the top called called "User Presets"
    • Full Bank and Program support so that MIDI can access everything.

The help system is deep. This video goes over the help system

We regularly get props for how extensive it is. Look under "Menu> Help". It includes

Video User Manual and Application Notes

There is an 8 chapter video user manual, and over 42 "how-to" application notes covering many common use cases.

Reference Manual

• There is extensive reference manual in GeoShred under "Menu/ Help"
    • Online here at http://www.moforte.com/GeoShredHelp
    • Note that there is a search box at the top of "Menu/ Help" to assist you with searching the help system
      FAQs

The extensive FAQ topics cover the most common questions that we have been asked over the years.

Context Sensitive Help

• Under the '?' there is a context sensitive help system.
    • For the three primary views it brings up bubble help.
    • For the instruments and effects processing units it will navigate the help system. "

Support for 133 Languages

• It's possible to view the reference manual in other languages using Google Translate.
    • The User Videos can also be subtitled using Google Translate.

Direct email support and "Report a Problem" link

• Finally if you can't find what you are looking for, you can send us an email at: support '@' moforte.com
    • You can also reach us under "Menu> Help> Report a Problem" which will send us an email and diagnostic report.

Survey sent! 👍

Thank you, .

• @Luxthor said:

@GeoTony said:

So it’s not a browser-instantiated window listing an online source? What’s then filling up the privacy report? I logically assumed this was the case. Sorry for that.

I answered this a few months back in another thread.

All the videos are hosted at YouTube, so the privacy report is probably seeing what ever happens at youTube. The alternative would be to embed 300min of HD video in GeoShred which would balloon the download to the point where some users would not be able to download.

• edited March 26

Notes inline below.

@NeuM said:
    Questions for @moForte:

• Will a repurchase of GeoShred SWAM plug-ins be necessary for the desktop version of GeoShred? I might be wrong here, but wouldn’t this directly compete with their own desktop software?

GeoShred Mac is a different product than GeoShred for iOS. It is targeted for production work flows. Note that the GeoSWAM instruments and the Naada instruments are sold in the GeoShred store on behalf of Audio Modeling and Accel Matrix (Naada) we are still working with them to come up with pricing.

• Will macOS GeoShred be a separate purchase?

GeoShred Mac is a different product than GeoShred for iOS. It is targeted for production work.

• Will it be necessary to keep the iPad connected to the desktop to operate GeoShred for Mac?

Look at the video.

You can use your iOS device connected with IDAM to control GeoShred Mac, or you can use an MPE controller . And for the Naada Models you can also use a conventional MIDI controller or a Breath Controller.

By the way, I am absolutely delighted to see this desktop version finally coming to fruition (and if a repurchase of either the software or instruments is necessary, it’s not a deal breaker because total cross-compatibility is what is most needed for music/audio production efficiency).

Thank you. This has been a 2 year project, and much of GeoShred is the result of 30 years of research starting at CCRMA/Stanford.

• edited March 26

@Lady_App_titude said:
    This is wonderful news, which could help greatly expand and enhance the GeoShred experience for desktop DAW users!

Thanks for your kind words. I'm curious what DAW you are now using? I think I recall that you were using Digital Performer.

• @moForte said:
    Luxthor,

Notes inline

@Luxthor said:

We have an FAQ that covers some of this.
    https://www.moforte.com/geoShredAssets6000/help/FAQs/index.html#factorySetlists

You can't delete factory presets, they are burned into the app.

"All Presets" is was not intended for workflow. Most users navigate the presets by setlist. Thus you can just skip the setlists for instruments that you are not interested in.

"All Presets" is nothing more than an unordered pool of presets for the setlists to draw on. Even if all the presets where unlocked, using "All Presets" for navigation will be chaotic at best because the only order, is the order that we add them to the preset pool. Further the list is too long for 7 bit program change (127 presets) to work in a MIDI controller environment.

The setlists, including your own personal setlists, are the intended way to navigate the preset space. They are organized by type of preset. They are also small enough to fit into the 7 bit (127) program change enumeration. This is described in Chapter 6 of the video manual.

We are considering the following incremental changes

• Putting "All Presets" at the end of the setlists.
    • Creating a new automatic Setlist near the top called called "User Presets"
    • Full Bank and Program support so that MIDI can access everything.

The help system is deep. This video goes over the help system

We regularly get props for how extensive it is. Look under "Menu> Help". It includes

Video User Manual and Application Notes

There is an 8 chapter video user manual, and over 42 "how-to" application notes covering many common use cases.

Reference Manual

• There is extensive reference manual in GeoShred under "Menu/ Help"
    • Online here at http://www.moforte.com/GeoShredHelp
    • Note that there is a search box at the top of "Menu/ Help" to assist you with searching the help system
      FAQs

The extensive FAQ topics cover the most common questions that we have been asked over the years.

Context Sensitive Help

• Under the '?' there is a context sensitive help system.
    • For the three primary views it brings up bubble help.
    • For the instruments and effects processing units it will navigate the help system. "

Support for 133 Languages

• It's possible to view the reference manual in other languages using Google Translate.
    • The User Videos can also be subtitled using Google Translate.

Direct email support and "Report a Problem" link

• Finally if you can't find what you are looking for, you can send us an email at: support '@' moforte.com
    • You can also reach us under "Menu> Help> Report a Problem" which will send us an email and diagnostic report.

Survey sent! 👍

Thank you, .

Thank you for your time and kind answer, I appreciate it a lot.

• @moForte said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    This is wonderful news, which could help greatly expand and enhance the GeoShred experience for desktop DAW users!

Thanks for your kind words. I'm curious what DAW you are now using? I think I recall that you were using Digital Performer.

Yes, DP user since the beginning of computers back in the 80s. DP added MPE support as of v 11 (current version). However, last time I did a project using GeoShred, I did it as audio via IDAM. I need to dig in and learn more about the MPE MIDI part of it with per-note-CCs, etc. It's still a relatively new thing. Maybe, if I get some time, I will try playing around with MPE MIDI in DP this week and see what I can learn. The idea of hosting the plugin in the Mac side will of course open up a whole different workflow, so I'm excited to see how that develops too.