Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So Retronyms had this contest /vote type thing for what the next features of the IMPC Pro would be?

13»

Comments

• @Coloobar said:

@syrupcore Releasing apps with limited features ≠ releasing apps that have fundamental problems. Such as midi never working correctly since day 1 on iMini, then ignoring the problem and even continuing to offer more apps without bothering to fix the ones they already have. And guess what? iProphet has broken midi now, too! If they bothered to fix imini in the first place then we might have two great synths instead of two with bugs. Fool me once. I'm done with retronyms.

to be "fair," or not, @mana from Retronyms indicated that at least one of the issues with MIDI on iProphet was in Arturia's code, and that they have not fixed it, so it was essentially "ported" over. . .

• edited November 2014

@papertiger said:

to be "fair," or not, @mana from Retronyms indicated that at least one of the issues with MIDI on iProphet was in Arturia's code, and that they have not fixed it, so it was essentially "ported" over. . .

rofl
    there are tools and there are toys,
    and there are toys with lots of PR blah blah that pretend to be tools, its just as simple as that ;)

• I didn't realise they made iProphet, I was going to buy that one. Probably won't bother now.

• Yes, and I have been critical of retronyms a lot and not bought anything they made after the imini issues, however the I prophet problem does appear to be in arturia's code and it's possible they were not allowed to touch that. Mini V classic (or whatever they called the one they gave away 2 yrs ago) works great on my Mac when I've used it, but it has been reported that the Iprophet issue us present on the desktop version.

Perhaps a reason to say no to the project, but I am not privy to their business arrangement, so maybe that wasn't a choice.

If Arturia is somehow preventing retronyms from fixing imini correctly then that's silly, and if it's retronyms choosing to work on new projects therefore not having time to fix imini, it's also silly and a problem. However, it was $10 and I've found other solutions, as well as used imini when a stuck note or the like won't present a big problem (ie, not onstage), so my life Is still ok. And I haven't purchased anything else from the company, which is how an opinion can be expressed. I do welcome a fix though !

• so what feature did you guys vote for to be next in the impc pro?

• time stretching

• @kobamoto said:

so what feature did you guys vote for to be next in the impc pro?

MPC file export:)

BTW, kobamoto, your summary of the app. is really on point. The app. has so much potential and only needs a few fixes to become truly 'Epic'.

The thing that scares me about Dan's comments regarding the future of iMPC Pro is that he mentions taking advantage of new IOS features and advanced hardware. It seems as if they are just kicking the can down the road the same way they did with Audiobus. First they gave the usual "..it is something we are considering" then said that they were waiting for Audiobus 2 to be released. Then they said they had heard that AB2 would incorporate IAA so adding AB wasn't necessary. Now it appears as if they are waiting for Apple to make enhancements to IOS and new Ipad hardware before they can deliver a top notch app.

Someone suggested that maybe we are barking up the wrong tree and should contact Akai. I posted a question regarding the status of the missing export feature in their support forum. 10 days later a tech. support rep. responded that it was a great idea and that he would submit it. What? I replied that it was not a feature suggestion per se, but a missing feature that had been brought to their attention over 4 months ago. This morning another Akai rep. responded with this:

"Thanks for the feedback. I believe I had submitted this one for you and a few others in the past.

I wish I had more information, but I want to set the expectation correctly. We won't have any announcements of estimated timelines or development status here."

• to sum it up: won't happen

• I noticed in the footer of the retronyms site links for the MPC apps along with their other apps. No links for Arturia. No idea what that actually means as far as trees and barking (perhaps Arturia asked them not to include links there) but it stood out to me.

• that is intriguing hmm...