Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioThing Dub Filter is coming

I know we have Dub Filter by Amazing Noises (and I really like that app.) But AudioThing's upcoming app is looking to be quite sweet -- especially if you love messing with Dub Reggae like I do.
I am looking forward to combining this with Outer Space on my Reggae dub creations. Something about this genre makes me geek right the heck out.

Comments

• I’m so excited for this to come out

• Definitely something I would be interested in!

• Tagging @jakoB_haQ on this one. 😎

• King Tubby filter!

• How is it different from BLEASS’ Filter?

• Looking at that picture it makes me want seperate plugin windows in Logic for iPad as well. This app looks interesting.

• @NeuM said:
    How is it different from BLEASS’ Filter?

I don't think it is released yet, so... who knows?

• This plugin is 🔥🔥🔥

• I’m familiar with Dub music, evidently not enough. I thought just the Space echo, tape and springs were responsible for the vibes, along with the musicality of course.

Can something please post a link to a song or two containing blatant use of this filter type?

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I’m familiar with Dub music, evidently not enough. I thought just the Space echo, tape and springs were responsible for the vibes, along with the musicality of course.

Can something please post a link to a song or two containing blatant use of this filter type?

Here are some samples:
    https://youtu.be/-0yijC2DsfE?si=Z1R51Hp9TUorzo6i
    https://youtu.be/AJFxyGgxMik?si=8RXOEzsF_SoLPLtQ
    https://youtu.be/SYNaLNIAgiw?si=070juwgYgLOYf7KA&t=438
    https://youtu.be/vMylanzeiL4?si=4W2AS03y_VTAbeXN&t=258

• @tubespace said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I’m familiar with Dub music, evidently not enough. I thought just the Space echo, tape and springs were responsible for the vibes, along with the musicality of course.

Here are some samples:

Nice post! 👌

• Is this the filter from Alborosie Dub Station? If so, there's probably a couple of videos on YouTube.

• @ninobeatz said:
    This plugin is 🔥🔥🔥

+1

• edited March 24

These are original IR’s and modeling after the real units used by King Tubby, you can’t get any closer to that than this.

Kind of weird this has been discontinued on the Audiothing website https://www.audiothing.net/effects/alborosie-dub-station/

I suspect due to some legal reasons (?) it has been somewhat revamped and given a slightly different name?

• @Slush said:
    These are original IR’s and modeling after the real units used by King Tubby, you can’t get any closer to that than this.

Kind of weird this has been discontinued on the Audiothing website https://www.audiothing.net/effects/alborosie-dub-station/

I suspect due to some legal reasons (?) it has been somewhat revamped and given a slightly different name?

• From what I’ve read the collaboration (or how you name it) with Alborosie stopped and the plugin isn’t available anymore. IF this is an alternative for the Alborosie, I’m curious if there is some kind of update/upgrade plan.

• @Bietfriek said:
    From what I’ve read the collaboration (or how you name it) with Alborosie stopped and the plugin isn’t available anymore. IF this is an alternative for the Alborosie, I’m curious if there is some kind of update/upgrade plan.

I wonder what kind of collaboration they had.. The name ‘Alborosie’ on the unit, or the actual sound (IRs) from it?

• if its just a filter with saturation and modulation, i couldnt care less.
    show me the person who can name the filter i put in front of my space echo.

• edited March 24

@Birdpie said:
    if its just a filter with saturation and modulation, i couldnt care less.

Looking at the video, it seems like there's not even any modulation on the original unit.
    And they have an open reverb spring tank so you can mess with it anytime ;)

Edit:

• I'm using Things Crusher and the filter in Speakers quite a lot, definitely gonna check out this one too.

• @Birdpie said:
    if its just a filter with saturation and modulation, i couldnt care less.

You are so right - I put on Bleass Filter with Outer Space - and with the right settings I can get the same effect. My guess is this filter has some elements that are true to the original filters used back in the early 70s. So folks who love that traditional dub sound can get there faster and easier with an effect like this.

I'm not a purist - I believe Dub is a technique that can be applied to any genre, and doesn't subscribe to a specific sound. I love messing with newer effects on Roots Reggae stems. Sometimes I like to put traditional effects on EDM and Trap.

• @Slush said:

That's my hope. But even if it doesn't have a delay or reverb included, that is easily rectified with Springs and/or Outer Space (or any other spring-type reverb plus delay.) I like that there is an LFO and Evelope section on the left side - I wonder what the set of dials are on the right side.

• theres also the toneboosters filter which got alot of filtertypes.

most of those filter maths is super old and standard.
    put a photorealistic gui in front of it...et voila

• And release date?
    Looking forward to this!!

• edited March 24

i can imaging theres alot of cheating
    when recreating old filters.
    not speaking about this case, because i don't know.
    developer
    just limit them in some way to behave in a specific manner.
    correct me please, if iam wrong.
    so its not a real copy, thats why real analog stuff behaves diffrent, especialy when driven hard and or modulated.
    the only serious software filters i heard are andy's the drop and the still in development and free flowerchild.
    both just mac/win
    if there happend something serious in between, someone let me know,please.

• @Birdpie said:

so its not a real copy, thats why real analog stuff behaves diffrent, especialy when driven hard and or modulated.

A 'real copy' is a problematic term. In fact, it's an oxymoron. Is it real or is it a copy?
    The goal is to create an emulator that behaves like the analog source. AudioThing seems to put in the time to get a lot of that right. I don't think any emulator will be perfectly like the analog counterpart.

the only serious software filters i heard are andy's the drop and the still in development and free flowerchild.
    both just mac/win
    if there happend something serious in between, someone let me know,please.

A whole decade of serious filters happened since then. I don't know where to start.

• There's always room for more filters, software or hardware, clinical or characterful.

Michael Veal's excellent book "Dub: Soundscapes and Shattered Songs in Jamaican Reggae" mentions the importance of the single mono high-pass filter incorporated into mixers the roots dub musicians were using. I assume this filter is something else. But it's funny to think that so much effort goes into recreating the sound of gear that was simply the best they could afford in Jamaica at the time - rejected stuff from defunct UK studios that happened to end up in Jamaica somehow. The legendary vibe is hard to recapture, but it's worth trying.