Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jazz Genesis / Pure Piano v. Pianoteq8

edited March 23 in Creations

Watching @Gavinski ’s video on the new improved Pure Piano with sympathetic resonance made me want to use it again. Ravenscroft and Pianoteq are my go to pianos these days (I think Pianoteq is the best but I often find I get Ravenscroft to cut thru a mix better) so here is Pure Piano and Pianoteq back to back. Can you tell which is which?

Plus SWAM Euphonium and Tenor Sax, BeatHawk Total Bass and Jazz Drummer

Comments

• Yeah man!
    Both sound great, but if I had to choose, I think I like take 2.
    Regardless, the composition transcends the mix.
    I could listen to this on my parents old mono hi-fi and dig it.

• This piece would have fit right in at the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach circa 1957.

• I like the [Phrygian/harmonic minor ] recent stuff you’ve been working on. I do picture a hoppin swingeasy or something with this . Sorry I can’t pick what piano but I can’t believe you have so many! I mean clearly they are of use to you and you deserve all the options, but they aren’t cheap! Good pianos are at least $20-30 minimum so my question is , whcih do you like the most ? And which was worth its weight the most?

• edited March 25

Thx @Paulieworld @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr @yellow_eyez
    If I could only pick one I guess I’d pick Pianoteq for a greater variety of sounds and the psychological succumbing to the hype around it. Ravenscroft 2nd and PurePiano 3rd.

This track would fit in the fifties with homages tonDizzy, Bird and Lennie Tristano.

The first track is Pianoteq. Number 2 PurePiano.

• Nice piece!

For dense material like this, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. There is only one place where the piano is really exposed and that section has these super low notes which ten to mud everything up and make it even harder to tell the difference.

I think the only time piano comparisons are going to make a big difference is solo piano, especially with subtle things like sympathetic resonance.

• @Lady_App_titude i totally agree. It just was the track I was working on. I do think Pianoteq sounds better, but perhaps it’s just the settings on each app. What’s amazing is how good both these pianos sound and the devs ability to make pianos sound so good on iOS.

• Wow, great piece! Not sure I’d have been able to tell which is which. I picked up Pianoteq a few months ago and it’s been the perfect choice, not just for the sound but because I can use it on my PC and iPad with one purchase.

• It would be interesting to compare these expensive pianos to NumaPlayer which is provided free by Studio Logic: purveyor of fine MIDI keyboards.

The joy of PianoTeq 8 is the ability to change parameters in the model… really odd options like string length and the weights of overtones but the cost is off the charts for an IOS app but you get the desktop version free… in other words you buy it and all both platforms are enabled.

Still we have free options now that are the same to the typical listener in a mix.

• Listened to both, enjoyed both, no preference 👍

• DavDav
    edited April 9

I like them both! You have some serious piano chops!

• Pure piano is sooo much cheaper … This helped me de die between the two, thanks ..

• Thanks for listening @BillS @McD @GeoTony @Dav.
    Glad to have helped @Telstar5. Try NUMA, too, as McD suggests. It’s free and pretty good.