Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

All these fancy new apps and I'm just waiting for the ivcs3 update

so I can try out @JamesEdwardCosby's new sound pack!

What is the best ios synth?
  1. What is the number one ios synth app?19 votes
    1. Ivcs3
      42.11%
    2. Ivcs3
        5.26%
    3. Ivcs3
      15.79%
    4. I am as weak and helpless as a kitten
      36.84%

Comments

• There will be an update?
    Apesoft apps haven't been updated for 2 years.
    The Twitter/X account seems abandoned too.
    Hope thats true because iVCS is one of a kind.

• edited March 22

@HarlekinX said:
    There will be an update?
    Apesoft apps haven't been updated for 2 years.
    The Twitter/X account seems abandoned too.
    Hope thats true because iVCS is one of a kind.

It looks like it! But maybe just for presets:

• I hope Apesoft will not overlook Apematrix. I requested months ago a volume/master channel that would cover all three matrixes. I got a friendly reply but so far nothing happened :|

• I assume we are talking about this?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I assume we are talking about this?

He’s got a new one coming out:

https://www.facebook.com/100007476394327/videos/1836573480104477/

• @Slush said:
    I hope Apesoft will not overlook Apematrix. I requested months ago a volume/master channel that would cover all three matrixes. I got a friendly reply but so far nothing happened :|

I’ve moved from a heavy AUM user to a ApeMatrix/Loopy Pro base because of the triple matrix and built-in LFO setup, but yes, I worry that at some point it will all go crashing down around me because it would not have been updated in, say, 10 years. Let’s hope it’s maintained.

• @sevenape said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    I assume we are talking about this?

He’s got a new one coming out:

https://www.facebook.com/100007476394327/videos/1836573480104477/

Video no longer available. I think this references the same bank(s) because I’ve been on the lookout ever since.

• That’s weird! Maybe you have to be a member of the group to see it? You could be right, it could be an evolution of that. Now it’s called 11-eleven

• I love his presets … I normally make my own patches for synths but his patches for IVCS3 find a lot of love in my group’s music
    For instance :

• @sevenape said:
    That’s weird! Maybe you have to be a member of the group to see it? You could be right, it could be an evolution of that. Now it’s called 11-eleven

I’m not on FB so that may be it. At any rate, very excited for this. Back to refreshing the AppStore.

• GUBGUB
    edited March 29

ApeMatrix + Loopy Pro is great, that's my favorite setup. Are you routing audio via bus to LP, or loading it as an IAA instrument? I find that doing the latter is not optimal. It spikes the system instantly. I don't see any real usability distinction between bus vs. IAA, so it's not that bit a deal.*

Anyway, it's good to see some ApeMatrix love in this forum; sometimes I've felt like a lone voice. To me it's the central nervous system of iOS musicmakin' Perhaps I will pester the dev to add a tip jar, to encourage his continued maintenance of apps. I think his releases, including ApeMatrix, are works of art.

*Or using AM as host? Nah.

@zilld2017 said:

@Slush said:
    I hope Apesoft will not overlook Apematrix. I requested months ago a volume/master channel that would cover all three matrixes. I got a friendly reply but so far nothing happened :|

I’ve moved from a heavy AUM user to a ApeMatrix/Loopy Pro base because of the triple matrix and built-in LFO setup, but yes, I worry that at some point it will all go crashing down around me because it would not have been updated in, say, 10 years. Let’s hope it’s maintained.

• "What is the number one ios synth app?"

BA-1 :mrgreen: 😏 Well, someone had to be a contrarian. I'm being a bit cheeky, so don't take my reply seriously.

• Hey everyone, just letting you all know that iVCS3 will be getting an update and the new "11-Eleven" Preset Bank will be available in the Presets & Mods Shop after the update. The bank will contain 211 presets, the first 140 are playable and the remaining 71 are Sequences, Drones and self playing patches. The bank also comes with 51 accompanying CV/Audio files providing some processed Audio and Envelope / LFO CV Structures which can be used via the input channels to modulate destinations via Matrix Rows 8 and/or 9. These files may be used in your own non commercial patches to add extra functionality like percussive envelope transients and specially designed LFO shapes and fx. The first 4 Presets are related and can be morphed using the Snapshot Pad while being played via an external controller... This promotional video demos 4 short live compositions each using 2 presets, a sequence and a complimentary lead...
    cheers all, and many thanks for your continued support 🙏🍻

• @JEC said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you all know that iVCS3 will be getting an update and the new "11-Eleven" Preset Bank will be available in the Presets & Mods Shop after the update. The bank will contain 211 presets, the first 140 are playable and the remaining 71 are Sequences, Drones and self playing patches. The bank also comes with 51 accompanying CV/Audio files providing some processed Audio and Envelope / LFO CV Structures which can be used via the input channels to modulate destinations via Matrix Rows 8 and/or 9. These files may be used in your own non commercial patches to add extra functionality like percussive envelope transients and specially designed LFO shapes and fx. The first 4 Presets are related and can be morphed using the Snapshot Pad while being played via an external controller... This promotional video demos 4 short live compositions each using 2 presets, a sequence and a complimentary lead...

Woop woop!

• @JEC said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you all know that iVCS3 will be getting an update and the new "11-Eleven" Preset Bank will be available in the Presets & Mods Shop after the update. The bank will contain 211 presets, the first 140 are playable and the remaining 71 are Sequences, Drones and self playing patches. The bank also comes with 51 accompanying CV/Audio files providing some processed Audio and Envelope / LFO CV Structures which can be used via the input channels to modulate destinations via Matrix Rows 8 and/or 9. These files may be used in your own non commercial patches to add extra functionality like percussive envelope transients and specially designed LFO shapes and fx. The first 4 Presets are related and can be morphed using the Snapshot Pad while being played via an external controller... This promotional video demos 4 short live compositions each using 2 presets, a sequence and a complimentary lead...

Fantastic news, James and the demo sounds great. Do you have an ETA for the update?

• We are hoping to roll out the update towards the end of this month if all goes well without any hitches… So fingers crossed 🙏🤞

• @JEC said:
    We are hoping to roll out the update towards the end of this month if all goes well without any hitches… So fingers crossed 🙏🤞

coolcoolcool