Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Variations on an Octave

edited March 21 in Creations

A slow gentle piece that makes use of the latest version of Piano Motifs which now allows midi control of the octaves for the Melody and Accompaniment.
In addition the velocity of Melody and Accompaniment are also under midi control.
A semi improvised GeoTenorSax solo has been added.

And here is an audio only version…

Comments

• Definitely enjoy the interplay between your “semi-improvised “ sax solo and the piano motif. You get the most out of every note.

• Very nice one. 20 bpm! Is there a way to lfo the tempo in PM? I don’t usually enjoy that effect—it makes me feel woozy—but at 20bpm it might be interesting on an arpeggio.

• Many thanks for the lovely comments @MadeofWax & @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr .
    You can LFO the tempo in AUM @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr and PM will follow it but neither will go less than 20 bpm.

• @GeoTony such an expressive sax solo 🎷! Nice effect using the octave shifts with the inverted velocities for melody and accompaniment.

• Nice and lugubrious, Tony. The minimalist piano and the semi Eastern European sax go well together.
    I’d like t9 hear a bass in it halfway, or so, through. Very clear recording. Is that the piano that comes with PianoMotifs?

• 👍 @azul3D_Apps
    I like lugubrious @LinearLineman . I am a bit stuck in the backing / solo rut at the moment (I’m lazy 😊) but agree that some extra instrumentation would make things more interesting. It’s plain old Ravenscroft on this one.

• Now that's mellow for you, nice one!

• The sax adds an extra special atmosphere all of its own and nicely compliments the piano. Both instruments played in this way produce a very mellow and sombre vibe together. Could easily be the backing for a detective or private investigator scene.

• Great track. The sax is really nice.

• Loving the chill vibe of this piece. Very much like Jazz meets Ambient. I can listen all day to this. :)

• As ever your musical feel shines through @GeoTony . Inventive and expressive. The Ravenscroft sounds impressive too. A lovely listen

• edited March 25

20 bpm is the best bpm (until something lets us go slower!). Lovely work, @GeoTony :). Sounds like a cool night down at the Gilman House Lounge to me.

• Very much enjoyed listening and a real nice natural classical sax. Very well done!!! frenq