Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I promised I would report back on Pandora Radio payments

So as promised here’s the data. Two of my tracks as The Belle Vue Zoo made it to Pandora Radio. It works out at 100 plays = $0.11 cents. Come on guys in the US get me to $0.22 cents 😂😂🙏🏼

Comments

• If my maths are right with another 2,200 plays you’ll be able to afford a single journey on the Bee network 😊

• ...and that is why I release tracks free to SoundCloud, lol. Because that way I won't be disappointed when I barely get any money for my music. (The real money is in live performance anyways. :mrgreen: )

• Yes I can’t disagree with this at all. I make music for fun. I’m lucky in not needing the income. My aim is to get any music I want to release to the widest possible audience just in case it touches someone in some way. In a past life I could only have hit the numbers of possibilities streaming offers through a record company contract so I feel lucky. But I feel for independent musicians trying to scratch a living from music.

• @GeoTony said:
    If my maths are right with another 2,200 plays you’ll be able to afford a single journey on the Bee network 😊

Ah ha and the Bee Network doesn’t properly run from Stockport yet so there’s a chance I will only afford even less journeys. Roll on my free bus pass!

• @ZooBaaDoo said:
    Yes I can’t disagree with this at all. I make music for fun. I’m lucky in not needing the income. My aim is to get any music I want to release to the widest possible audience just in case it touches someone in some way. In a past life I could only have hit the numbers of possibilities streaming offers through a record company contract so I feel lucky. But I feel for independent musicians trying to scratch a living from music.

If a person is interested in making a steady income playing music, playing birthday parties, weddings, bars, and being very familiar with all styles and popular favorites is probably the way to go. The number of musicians who are able to make a name with their own original music is quite small.

• @NeuM said:

@ZooBaaDoo said:
    Yes I can’t disagree with this at all. I make music for fun. I’m lucky in not needing the income. My aim is to get any music I want to release to the widest possible audience just in case it touches someone in some way. In a past life I could only have hit the numbers of possibilities streaming offers through a record company contract so I feel lucky. But I feel for independent musicians trying to scratch a living from music.

If a person is interested in making a steady income playing music, playing birthday parties, weddings, bars, and being very familiar with all styles and popular favorites is probably the way to go. The number of musicians who are able to make a name with their own original music is quite small.

I love songwriting. To me it’s my artistic outlet. I’m a rubbish musician but to me a song is a gift. You write and then often think where on earth did that come from? But that’s just me. If I publish a song to me it’s like displaying artwork in a local gallery free for people to look at and love or hate as they decide 🤜🤛 🙏🏼

• @ZooBaaDoo said:

@NeuM said:

@ZooBaaDoo said:

I love songwriting. To me it’s my artistic outlet. I’m a rubbish musician but to me a song is a gift. You write and then often think where on earth did that come from? But that’s just me. If I publish a song to me it’s like displaying artwork in a local gallery free for people to look at and love or hate as they decide 🤜🤛 🙏🏼

I love it too. Every project for me is a puzzle box. But (so far) it's not my sole source of income. :wink: