Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A message to the iOS community from Klevgrand..

Saw this awesome thank you note in the newsletter..thought I’d share it for everyone

Comments

• edited March 15

You forgot about this part:

"In the meantime, we'd like to give you a really nice opportunity to explore more of our products, which is why we're now having a crazy, unheard-of iOS sale – 60% discount on all our iOS products! Yes, you read that right. We hope that it isn't too much discount 🤔 You'd better grab it before we change our minds! There are currently no plans of a similar iOS sale ever, so if you've got your eyes on any of our iOS products, now is really the time to act.

(Offer available until 2024-03-31)"

• @NeuM said:
    You forgot about this part:

"In the meantime, we'd like to give you a really nice opportunity to explore more of our products, which is why we're now having a crazy, unheard-of iOS sale – 60% discount on all our iOS products! Yes, you read that right. We hope that it isn't too much discount 🤔 You'd better grab it before we change our minds! There are currently no plans of a similar iOS sale ever, so if you've got your eyes on any of our iOS products, now is really the time to act.

(Offer available until 2024-03-31)"

Figured we all know about the iOS sale. My apologies

• So what are the essential purchases in the sale? I have most of the early stuff but then I thought it was getting a bit too pricey.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So what are the essential purchases in the sale? I have most of the early stuff but then I thought it was getting a bit too pricey.

I don’t have too many of their products at this point, but I am fond of korvpressor, Skaka, & brusfri. & those wind up in most projects at some point.
    I have tomofon & am intrigued, but haven’t yet clicked with it as much as I thought I might.

I have my eye on the two reverbs for this sale. But I have eos and the toneboosters reverb so I’m trying be thoughtful about when to give into my sale-gas.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So what are the essential purchases in the sale? I have most of the early stuff but then I thought it was getting a bit too pricey.

Honestly, just Brusfri. That’s my personal favourite at least. I have bought a few other products to support them but I’ve always used Brusfri.

• Fosfat is a favorite of mine. It's a great way to spice up drum sounds, whether live or programmed, acoustic or electronic.

Technically, one could achieve what it's doing with a small handful of different plugins and some clever routing, but the real genius of it is the visual feedback that shows you what you're doing.

It takes a production trick that would be tedious to implement and makes it nearly-effortless to set up, and easy to control/adjust/tune the results.

• @BiancaNeve said:

For me, Borsta is essential. Great sound, and it does something that nothing else on the App Store does (at least nothing that I'm aware of). All their percussion apps are a lot of fun though.

• edited March 15

I can vouch for Skaka. It sound really great and is loads of fun. Perfect for funking up a stiff techno beat!

Does anyone have have any experience and/opinions on Modley? I am a bit tempted…

• I bought skaka and fosfat for Mac in their recent sale and they are both fantastic. I have brushstrokes, slammr, and a few others already. Slammr is really fun!

Fosfat, as was said before, makes it really easy to add weight and snap in a subtle but effective way. You could do it with other plugins and save as a template, but fosfat makes it really easy, so that’s worth the cost.

I love Brusfri because it’s a little different than RX Boise reduction or some of the other options I have. Sometimes it’s the best tool and other times it isn’t, but I’m so glad I have it for the times that it is the best. There are also times I’ll use several tools together as well, so it’s a great complement to izotope, acon, and the others.

I’m just exploring skaka, but what I’ve found I like a lot

• Borsta is fantastic - so good for adding a bit of brushed percussion in a very humanised way. Great for lofi/chill/jazzy type vibe.

• edited March 15

@craftycurate said:
    Borsta is fantastic - so good for adding a bit of brushed percussion in a very humanised way. Great for lofi/chill/jazzy type vibe.

+1 on Borsta. I like many of their apps tbh. I have giveaways for Klevgrand apps on my Insta, Twitter and Patreon (Patreon includes a desktop giveaway btw) at the moment

Patreon

Twitter

Insta

• edited March 15

• I have many. Grand Finale is the one I use the most. I also like Pipa for that one thing it does.

• Here are my top 5 Klevgrand magical products:

1. Tomofon
    2. Borsta
    3. Modley
    4. Slammer
    5. Pipa (and Jussi)

Honorable mention: the rest of them all. ;)

• @Luxthor said:
    Here are my top 5 Klevgrand magical products:

1. Tomofon
    2. Borsta
    3. Modley
    4. Slammer
    5. Pipa (and Jussi)

Honorable mention: the rest of them all. ;)

Pipa is probably my all time favorite from Klevgrand. Would be nice if they would offer some extensions to Pipa as in-app purchases, like they’re doing with the newer apps now.

• I just bought Baervaag. It’s got some bad reviews, but on the first play I really like the sound of it. Can see it sitting nicely in the mix

• I am probably missing about five of their apps, but I have all the percussion ones and I love them all. Slammer sounds awesome imo. All of em, and super tweakable into weirdness

• edited March 16

Borsta is super - so much texture in this percussion app

Modley is a great fx rack I forgot about it has its own great character

Skaka has all the rhythms. I use it for percussion accents

Tomofon I’ve yet to dive into

Their older stuff is good too, but kinda a pain since some of it isn’t AU

I told myself no more drum apps, but aside from Patterning it looks like OneShot might be an exception if the round robins and dynamics are as forecasted.

• Very curious how you managed to get good sounds out of Tomofon. I love most of the Klevgrand stuff I have, but despite trying pretty hard, I failed to make interesting patches with this one. I saw quite a few other comments from forum members to that effect too. I don't find the factory presets very inspiring either, mostly, but some of the guest packs had good sounds, so it clearly is possible to make interesting stuff with this synth.

• Klevgränd is a really cool company imo, i have most of their stuff for iOS but now also grabbed Modley not knowing anything about it and was super happy with the outcome.

I could not help myself and got OneShot for desktop, what a plugin. The word game changer has been wildly abused for some time now but here, it really applies especially when it comes to iOS. So easy to use and edit and build from scratch, I have yet to try other sounds than drums but will do that soon...

• I wish more of their apps were universal for the iPhone. Is it a big challenge for app developers to adapt their apps for the iPhone?

• @snickast said:
    I wish more of their apps were universal for the iPhone. Is it a big challenge for app developers to adapt their apps for the iPhone?

Agreed, at least the AUv3 compatible ones.
    They need to adapt to variable window dimensions anyway.

• @snickast said:
    I wish more of their apps were universal for the iPhone. Is it a big challenge for app developers to adapt their apps for the iPhone?

Me too. At least Brusfri is iPhone-compatible, and it's extremely valuable to my vocals workflow.

• I use Degrader quite a lot.

• @snickast said:

Ditto - I only use apps that I can use on both iPad and iPhone. That has limited my Klevgrand app purchases although Brusfri and Grand Finale 2 are both part of my regular workflow.

• Looking forward!

• @Pxlhg said:
    Klevgränd is a really cool company imo, i have most of their stuff for iOS but now also grabbed Modley not knowing anything about it and was super happy with the outcome.

I could not help myself and got OneShot for desktop, what a plugin. The word game changer has been wildly abused for some time now but here, it really applies especially when it comes to iOS. So easy to use and edit and build from scratch, I have yet to try other sounds than drums but will do that soon...

I've had Modley for a long time. Love it. One of their best.

• @NeuM said:
    Pipa is probably my all time favorite from Klevgrand. Would be nice if they would offer some extensions to Pipa as in-app purchases, like they’re doing with the newer apps now.

Yeah, Pipa is great! I’m glad you like it! 🤗Tomofon is an evolution from Pipa and Jussi, there are also plenty of fantastic dynamic-related apps from Klevgrand, but I’m not using them because of FF and other of my favorites in that field.

• @Gavinski said:
    Very curious how you managed to get good sounds out of Tomofon. I love most of the Klevgrand stuff I have, but despite trying pretty hard, I failed to make interesting patches with this one. I saw quite a few other comments from forum members to that effect too. I don't find the factory presets very inspiring either, mostly, but some of the guest packs had good sounds, so it clearly is possible to make interesting stuff with this synth.

Oh, sorry for that. Is there any example of a “non-interesting” patch or group of patches? Tomofon is a waveform-based synth that is highly dependable on sampling input, maybe you don’t like the overall selection of samples.

I'm in the middle of sampling one local world instrument, and Tomofon is the best I can get for the job. I will send you my full impressions when the job is done, for now, everything is fine.

• @Luxthor said:

@Gavinski said:
    Very curious how you managed to get good sounds out of Tomofon. I love most of the Klevgrand stuff I have, but despite trying pretty hard, I failed to make interesting patches with this one. I saw quite a few other comments from forum members to that effect too. I don't find the factory presets very inspiring either, mostly, but some of the guest packs had good sounds, so it clearly is possible to make interesting stuff with this synth.

Oh, sorry for that. Is there any example of a “non-interesting” patch or group of patches? Tomofon is a waveform-based synth that is highly dependable on sampling input, maybe you don’t like the overall selection of samples.

I'm in the middle of sampling one local world instrument, and Tomofon is the best I can get for the job. I will send you my full impressions when the job is done, for now, everything is fine.

Back when I tried it, the patches all had the same nasal sound - distinctly Tomofon. That, plus the complexity and work required for minor results, made for a refund. Also, nobody from the community ever demonstrated any patches to the contrary.

Might go for Pipa though, since it isn’t pretending to be anything else.