Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to Audiobus and Mosaic

I am a complete hewbie when it comes to Audiobus and Mosaic. I bought Mosaic today and tried to load it with GarageBand, however it doesn’t show up as a loadable AUV3. I’m guessing that I must need Audiobus for this? Can you refer me to step-by-step instructions to get Mosaic up and running?

Many thanks,
Mike

Comments

• GarageBand doesn’t support MIDI AUFx.

The only way you can make use of MIDI Fx with GarageBand would be to load Mozaic outside of GarageBand and send midi to it. Here's how you would set it up in AudioBus, though other hosts would do as well:

• @wim said:
    GarageBand doesn’t support MIDI AUFx.

Many thanks for your reply! So, without GarageBand, what would be the easiest way to use Mosaic on iOS?

Thanks,
    Mike

• @yocummr said:

@wim said:
    GarageBand doesn’t support MIDI AUFx.

Many thanks for your reply! So, without GarageBand, what would be the easiest way to use Mosaic on iOS?

Thanks,
    Mike

It would help if you described what you are trying to accomplish. What host is most suitable really depends on what you are trying to do.

• It would help if you described what you are trying to accomplish. What host is most suitable really depends on what you are trying to do.

I would like to write a script in Mosaic to map notes to chords. I would like to run the script on my iPad Pro while playing live. I am not recording at this point, so I would like to accomplish this with a simple and reliable setup.

Thanks,
    Mike

• @yocummr said:

It would help if you described what you are trying to accomplish. What host is most suitable really depends on what you are trying to do.

I would like to write a script in Mosaic to map notes to chords. I would like to run the script on my iPad Pro while playing live. I am not recording at this point, so I would like to accomplish this with a simple and reliable setup.

Thanks,
    Mike

What is the midi coming from and where is it going to

• My guess is what OP wants is AUM (unless OP already has Audiobus). Also, OP should be made aware that there are tons of Mozaic scripts available on Patchstorage: https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/ . Should at least look through what's available on Patchstorage before deciding you need to write something yourself, IMO.

• What is the midi coming from and where is it going to

In this case, Behringer Deepmind 12 to a Nord Stage 3 Compact.

My guess is what OP wants is AUM (unless OP already has Audiobus).

Thank you! I’ll look into AUM.

Should at least look through what's available on Patchstorage before deciding you need to write something yourself, IMO.

I will, thanks! Need to get it running first. ;’)

Thanks,
    Mike

• wimwim
    edited March 14

@yocummr said:
    I would like to write a script in Mosaic to map notes to chords. I would like to run the script on my iPad Pro while playing live. I am not recording at this point, so I would like to accomplish this with a simple and reliable setup

You may want to take a look at The Chordulator. It builds chords within a scale based on playing just the root note of the chord. There's a video showing what it does on the download page. It has lots of options, but by default will play straight up chords with no further setup.

There are several chord related scripts listed here: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=mozaic_scripts_list#chord_scripts

There are also many flexible and feature rich iOS apps that wouldn't require any scripting. ChordBud, ChordPolyPad, and Scaler 2 come to mind.