Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help to choose Drum Machine

Sometimes im lazy to load voices in samplers so I need a decent drummachine with the following feautures:

• Lot of Drumkits or easy loading user drumkits.
  • Ability to change drumkits while keeping pattern and vica versa. Keeping drumkit while changing pattern.
  • Loading own samples with instant change while pattern running. Not drag and drop. That would be maybe the most important.
  • Random pattern feature, maybe random drumsynth/sample change.
  • And the usual things like pitch, decay, fx stuff....

I appreciate for any help :)

I'm thinking about Drumcomputer, but the factory sounds are little chaotic and trap style which is not preffered. Although if i can easily upload my sounds and instantly change them, this would be a good option.

Comments

• Hammerhead pure and simple

• You might like DM1

• i have just bought hammerhead. Looks promising. (and cheap). Thank you guys. I will check out now. Although i will be sure there will be some missing functions so i will come back :D

• edited March 14

Hammerhead is really nice. You really felt what im looking for.

Its very fast to give drum loop to your project. Then you can tweak it a simple but effective way and changing the sound, pattern chains etc.
    Im not sure chance can work for a specific parameter like pitch/channel or for the whole parameters on selected channel.
    I think i have to ask Bram Bos for ability to lock browser window while selecting user sounds. Maybe "change all parameter" at once for pitch, decay, etc....and we are done.

• edited March 14

Gr 16, it doesn’t have random but the sound selection is the best (you can change it with a knob)

• Keep an eye out for the next version of Patterning as well. It's my most anticipated upcoming app by a wide margin.

I need to check out Hammerhead.

• I've build one myself in Drambo because I preferred simple arrows on each drum instrument for instrument/sample selection per track.
    Also, I could mix sampled and old-school synthesized drums easily, and drop in a drum or percussion loop when needed.
    XoX style sequencing of all tracks at once and support for multiple velocity levels in acoustic kits were key for me.
    The only thing I'm missing for now are more advanced non-4/4 rhythm options but I guess they'll come sooner or later ☺️

• wimwim
    edited March 14

@rs2000 said:
    I've build one myself in Drambo because I preferred simple arrows on each drum instrument for instrument/sample selection per track.
    Also, I could mix sampled and old-school synthesized drums easily, and drop in a drum or percussion loop when needed.
    XoX style sequencing of all tracks at once and support for multiple velocity levels in acoustic kits were key for me.
    The only thing I'm missing for now are more advanced non-4/4 rhythm options but I guess they'll come sooner or later ☺️

and choke groups.

(yes, I know the many ways to cobble them together.)

• @wim said:

@rs2000 said:
    I've build one myself in Drambo because I preferred simple arrows on each drum instrument for instrument/sample selection per track.

and choke groups.

(yes, I know the many ways to cobble them together.)

Haha, thanks for the reminder 😉

• edited March 14

@rs2000 said:

I know that it's possible to route a drum machine rack in the main mixer area to multiple outputs/tracks in Drambo but I couldn't find a way to be able to still use the step sequencer when I'm doing that.

The workaround, which is a bit clunky for me is to keep using drums on individual tracks and save a project as a drum machine preset/template, like a 909 template with 8 flexi sampler tracks and sample chains for a drum type inserted in each.

• @cokomairena
    That will be the next one i check out i think. Thanks.

@suboptimal
    It needs a deeper dating on youtube :)

• @rs2000
    I love Drambo. For drum machine i was thinking to pre-set something like 60 samples sliced for a channel, but pre-set pattern change is missing for me to give a draft to my music. What i could polish at the end.

• edited March 14

Im very satisfied Ruisemaker Noir as a drum synth. But a sample based Dream Drum Machine still missing. Would be a classic thing with all the ability to change things fast. Quickly give a draft for you music then tweak and polish for final result.
    The first six points would be a must. :)

1. User sample change.

• Swapping your own drumsamples from your own libraries (ipad/cloud). While pattern running, on the fly till you find the most appropriate one.
        Hammerhead has this function. The only problem you have to re-open browser for each swap.
    2. Drumkit preset change.

• change drumkits while keeping pattern
    3. Pattern preset change.

• change patterns while keeping the drumkit
    4. Easy access per drumsound for: gain, pitch, decay, mute, solo. Maybe a filter for extra wish.

5. XOX style sequencer with:

• Pattern chain
      • Global Accent per step function with an accent value knob. Also a random variation button for accent steps would be nice to really get that different feelings. Check out XO desktop "Global Accent" function.
      • Shuffle of course.
      • Mutation, roll, flam things.
    6. Export audio drag&drop: Soloing multiple sounds then export the loops into your ios DAW.

7. Per step value sequencer:

• Velocity/Pitch/FineTune/Decay/StepDelay/Chance/Flam/Retrig/Start point. (as Hammerhead has) + one fx send per step.
    8. Per step randomization:

• Continously! changing values for above mentioned parameters with a pre-set range. Useful eg. for finepitch, decay and velocity. (to get that analog/live feel) :)
    9. FX sends with 2 slots.

10. Live record with velocity pads. (maybe an mpc style 16 pads for tune, velocity eg)

• @arnou What do you mean by "pre-set pattern change is missing"?
    The Clock icon in scenes launcher lets you pre-activate a new scene and it won't play before the current pattern ends.

• @rs2000 said:
    @arnou What do you mean by "pre-set pattern change is missing"?
    The Clock icon in scenes launcher lets you pre-activate a new scene and it won't play before the current pattern ends.

Im not sure i have wrote this.

• @arnou said:

@rs2000 said:
    @arnou What do you mean by "pre-set pattern change is missing"?

Im not sure i have wrote this.

You were describing Drambo, like this:

@arnou said:
    @rs2000
    I love Drambo. For drum machine i was thinking to pre-set something like 60 samples sliced for a channel, but pre-set pattern change is missing for me to give a draft to my music. What i could polish at the end.

• @arnou said:
    @rs2000

You're right, I worded it a bit stupidly. I meant rhythm pattern presets, but its rather for apps works exclusively as drum machine. Drambo is a complete DAW and more. Althoug really we can do almost anything there.

• Gr-16 comes with a lot of grooves that you can apply to timing and velocity that might inspire you

Another one but eithout user samples are figure and groovebox

• My personal preference after trying almost all of them is Beat Scholar. Love the pizzas.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beat-scholar/id1632755445

• Pure Acid

• wimwim
    edited March 14

You can't use your own samples in Pure Acid.

• @u0421793 said:
    Pure Acid

I have. Thats a really nice sounding one for TR drums. I have made a comparison between my mc707 hardware and pure acid using 909 sounds. They can sound exactly the same.

• @cokomairena said:
    Gr-16 comes with a lot of grooves that you can apply to timing and velocity that might inspire you

Another one but eithout user samples are figure and groovebox

Looks like that will be the next purchase. thank you. I will take a deeper look before.

• Check this one out:

I made a lot of gr-16, mostly jamming already made beats, but this one shows what Im telling you

• Another one with a custom samples option and lots of generative features is Drumcomputer from Sugarbytes. Only downside is high latency which makes it impossible to record the output cleanly in Drambo. But in other apps like AUM with better delay compensation it works quite well. I use it in AUM to generate sample chains and as as a library for aquired sample pack drums.

• I use Drum Computer plus Splat-2-Clat lastly and I like this combo, even if it both works only on iPad. Drum Computer is great for custom create sounds.

• @szczyp said:
    I use Drum Computer plus Splat-2-Clat lastly and I like this combo, even if it both works only on iPad. Drum Computer is great for custom create sounds.

Splat-2-Clat has great sounds and variety. But the user experience makes me frustrated.