Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-1 “Field Tests” - EP

edited March 14 in Creations

Please enjoy my Op-1 field EP exclusive!

I took a long break from here and retired my old artist name that was a dRambo experiment and I loved it all

Now, I have evolved with my knowledge from this place and friends over the past year and I thank @Michael for this place

But I need something in between ; a hybrid if you will. This bridges my synthesis; hardware, daw and guitar/amp altogether in a way that makes sense to me. I don’t know who I sound like or what genre this is, it’s just someone dropped this in my lap and said “make some music” and this is what naturally organically came out

This album is partly dedicated to my ABF friends ;)

Comments

• edited March 14

• Hardware: TE OP-1 Field, iPad m1, iPhone 12, Mac m1, fractal axe Fx iii, Ibanez rg7620

DAW: TE OP-1 DAW, Cubasis 3.6, Logic Pro X 10.8.1

mixed: OP-1 field

Mastering tools: Grand finale 2, Logic mastering assist

All SC links working now. 7 songs at 2.2 minutes each so it’s like a 15 minute EP

• Sounding good! I like that 4th one 'Smooth' 🔥

• Good to have you back, some nice creativity there..👍🏻

• @Gavinski said:
    Sounding good! I like that 4th one 'Smooth' 🔥

Thanks Gav!

@Pxlhg said:
    Good to have you back, some nice creativity there..👍🏻

Thank you on all counts . It’s good to be back! :smile: TY

• Cool stuff... You're definitely developing your sound with the OP-1

I like your angular rhythms and bits of almost buried vocals and vocoder. The guitar on clickety clack has Ministry vibes -- more of this :-) The Eastern-ey melody is a nice counter too.

• Nice collection of tracks with your new synth, I'm sure there will be many more to follow!

• edited March 15

@klownshed said:
    Cool stuff... You're definitely developing your sound with the OP-1

I like your angular rhythms and bits of almost buried vocals and vocoder. The guitar on clickety clack has Ministry vibes -- more of this :-) The Eastern-ey melody is a nice counter too.

Thanks so much my friend. I appreciate that and I like people respond so much to clickity clack. It’s an honoring compliment to call to mind ministry. Thank you

@richardyot said:
    Nice collection of tracks with your new synth, I'm sure there will be many more to follow!

Thanks so much Richard! I hope they continue to create evolution ;) especialy with some of your helpful insightful comments.

Thank you so much

• How are you liking the OP-1 Field? Damn, that thing is expensive! The results are sounding quite good. IMHO, I think they might benefit from another layer over the top. Vocals, guitar solos, etc. Just my two cents. Can you make these available for download? No rush. I got plenty to work on, but a little collaboration might be fun in the future. Have a good one!

• @Paulieworld said:
    How are you liking the OP-1 Field? Damn, that thing is expensive! The results are sounding quite good. IMHO, I think they might benefit from another layer over the top. Vocals, guitar solos, etc. Just my two cents. Can you make these available for download? No rush. I got plenty to work on, but a little collaboration might be fun in the future. Have a good one!

I love this thing more than any other gear I have ever owned, save my #1 guitars. I love the workflow, it’s absolutely perfectly suited to me for once. I enjoy making music on it so much that I would find it hard to imagine life without this machine at this point. It was expensive but I got an incredible deal and it was my 40th bday so I was spoiled a little.

You’re right. These songs could use two or three tracks more each: some could use doubling of guitars, some were supposed to get vocals, some were supposed to get solos.

What happened was my first unit had a defective screen so I made an EP 95% and then I spoke to TE who told me to return it so I exchanged it at the store, but before I did I mixed down everything I did up to that point , backed it up, but then as I sat waiting, I was like this was a demo EP, so it was to not only get a sense of the instrument but to also showcase a taste of things to come

Next EP should be called [Op-1] “Field Work” because it is going to be intense work on each track. Instead of 4-6 hours on a song; I’m going to spend days on each song. I mean really put it in the work

You asked me about the name change etc? I hope it is clear why now: I moved in a very different and deliberate direction that was a big shift from my all over the place iPad days of aDC.

We can absolutely collaborate. If you want some of these to throw on your layers hmu on my inbox, and I’d love to work on something with you

Thanks Paulie

• Happy birthday! 40… you’re just a young pup. You have many years ahead. It’s great when you find something that lets you express yourself. I played in bands for most of my life and that was my outlet. All of my former band mates have either retired, moved away… or passed away. At this point, I just don’t have the energy or desire to start another one. I like going to bed early and don’t think I could handle the late nights. My wife told me how people were making music on iPads and suggested I get one. So I did, and here I am.

I can spend days on a project. I enjoy every minute. Don’t think of it as putting in the work. Just have fun. Some things come together fast. Others not so much. Keep at it until you’re satisfied. You’ll know when it’s done.

Congratulations on finding the perfect way to express yourself. I know the feeling. It’s really great. Now get busy!

• edited March 16

@Paulieworld said:

I can spend days on a project.

It can take me years from initial noodle/sketch to finished track. I’m obviously not working on them for all that time but sometimes it takes a while before inspiration strikes and I know where to go with a track.

Other times I can go from start to completely finished and shared online in 4 hours. That’s happened about exactly twice. Lol. And both very recently. (One took a little bit more than 4 hours but close enough for argument’s sake).

• @klownshed said:

@Paulieworld said:

I can spend days on a project.

It can take me years from initial noodle/sketch to finished track. I’m obviously not working on them for all that time but sometimes it takes a while before inspiration strikes and I know where to go with a track.

Other times I can go from start to completely finished and shared online in 4 hours. That’s happened about exactly twice. Lol. And both very recently. (One took a little bit more than 4 hours but close enough for argument’s sake).

It is what it is. Take your time. This internet shit will outlast all of us. The thing is, put out your best. We we all be long dead before we become famous. But… we will!

• I really like everything I heard. "Hardened" was my favourite because of that awesome guitar! :) But all are great.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I really like everything I heard. "Hardened" was my favourite because of that awesome guitar! :) But all are great.

Thanks a lot man. You know your opinion as a top producer means a lot!

• Some interesting stuff here, fascinating to hear your new direction . First and last tracks were my favourites.
    Can’t wait to hear where you go next 👍

• @GeoTony said:
    Some interesting stuff here, fascinating to hear your new direction . First and last tracks were my favourites.
    Can’t wait to hear where you go next 👍

Thanks a lot Tone! I really appreciate and respect your feedback and support. Knowing the new direction is so well received by high esteemed abf friends like you is a milestone for me :smile: thanks so much for commenting