Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RingsFX - Brand New Synth by 4Pockets - Demo for the iPad - OUT NOW

Premiers tonight (Tuesday 12th March) at 8.00 pm UK time.
New synth from Paul of 4Pockets.
This is Paul's take on the Mutable Instruments Ring eurorack module.
Of course, RingsFX takes this to a whole other level.

Comments

• NICE 😎 Can’t wait!!

• @ninobeatz It’s brilliant 👍😊

• 256 views, 2 comments, lol

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    256 views, 2 comments, lol

We are waiting for the premiere. No time to waste for frivolous commenting.

• The sounds coming through in the video are really impressive… very deep synths engine:

“the force in this one is strong.”

• This or the baby audio thing? Is the baby audio thing coming out on iOS!?

• Amazing stuff! First I was thinking I did not need this as I already have the Rings IAP in Tera Pro, but then you showed the sequenced exciter section… Do you know when this will be out?

• @McD said:
    The sounds coming through in the video are really impressive… very deep synths engine:

“the force in this one is strong.”

I just can’t resist! 🫣

• What's the difference between this implementation of Rings and all the other ones? I already have at least three on ios, and this one makes five total on ios (that I know of): Tera, Strokes, Burns, MiRack, and 4pockets.

• How does it compare to the RingZ IAP in Tera Pro?

• Paul is releasing his deeper tutorial tomorrow, which goes into more detail about the differences

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    What's the difference between this implementation of Rings and all the other ones? I already have at least three on ios, and this one makes five total on ios (that I know of): Tera, Strokes, Burns, MiRack, and 4pockets.

Strokes uses Plaits, not Rings. So that’s only four Rings ports on iOS?

• edited March 12

After hearing it on the live stream I'm pumped. MPE too? Sold.

Anything that remotely approximates the sound and feel of Plasmonic but on iOS is getting my money.

• I wasn't impressed with Tera Pro RingZ but RingsFX seems to be something else!

MI Rings is my all time favorit module and it seems like Paul been doing fantastic work. Kudos for drawing attention to the history of Mutable Instruments <3

The question is how well it work with WaveCloud. Is this the new "Rings into Clouds" 3.0? ;)

• edited March 13

Rings is probably my favourite eurorack module as well. This takes it to a whole new level!

Paul is an amazing developer. He pumps out these excellent apps every couple of months and they just keep getting better and better.

Also gotta acknowledge the genius of Emilie Gillet and incredible contribution she has made to the music community. What a legacy Mutable Instruments has left us all!

• @Tentype said:

Anything that remotely approximates the sound and feel of Plasmonic but on iOS is getting my money.

Oooh, is this really that close to Plasmonic? Apart from just being mpe and using physical modeling, what's similar? I know Plasmonic well but haven't checked out RingsFX, I felt like it would probably be similar to Tera Pro RingZ.

@H34rtc0r3 said:
    I wasn't impressed with Tera Pro RingZ but RingsFX seems to be something else!

I'd like to hear what didn't impress you about Tera Pro RingZ if you have the time.

256 views, 2 comments, lol

Well, for me, it's like this. I looked at it and didn't really care, so rather than say I don't really care and be lambasted for my negative comment I said nothing.

Would it be better for people to comment that they have no interest or that they don't like it for whatever reason? In my experience, more often than not that leads to comments like, 'what are you here for if you don't like it' etc. Just saying, 256 views doesn't necessarily mean 256 gushing, giddy souls drooling with anticipation. ;) :)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    What's the difference between this implementation of Rings and all the other ones? I already have at least three on ios, and this one makes five total on ios (that I know of): Tera, Strokes, Burns, MiRack, and 4pockets.

Strokes uses Plaits, not Rings. So that’s only four Rings ports on iOS?

For me, it’s easy, Tera Pro is only for internal usage, I’m not interested in Strokes and Burns, and the MiRack Rings module is half usable in AUM and any other host environment as an FX. 

RingsFX is true AU FX, and with everything else Paul implemented, I’m flabbergasted.

• edited March 13

Watch the video

Pauls pre-release preview

Edit: Great "hacking" from my end :D

• @thesoundtestroom Nice new flashy logo Doug B)

I really like what I hear, could be very interesting.

• Btw. Let's hope that Hannes and Elizabeth can do a color scheme for RingsFX :p

• This synth sounds incredible, can't wait for it to drop.

• edited March 13

@Gavinski said:

@Tentype said:

Oooh, is this really that close to Plasmonic? Apart from just being mpe and using physical modeling, what's similar? I know Plasmonic well but haven't checked out RingsFX, I felt like it would probably be similar to Tera Pro RingZ.

@H34rtc0r3 said:

I'd like to hear what didn't impress you about Tera Pro RingZ if you have the time.

Plasmonic imo is basic oscillators, an impulse section with some good sound options, a fantastic resonator, great delay and reverb options, and deep mpe modulation options.

RingsFX has A LOT of that. So there's similar sounds happening.

The mod matrix seems decent and has cc74 assignments. I didn't get the best look at the matrix so that might be where i focus my feature requests. Put EVERYTHING in that mod matrix @4pockets_paul !

IMO, RingsFX is the closest dedicated iOS synth to Plasmonic so far. Not identical for sure, but closest yet!

I had high hopes for Baby Audio Atoms. But nope, unless they revamp their mpe implementation.

• @H34rtc0r3 said:
    Btw. Let's hope that Hannes and Elizabeth can do a color scheme for RingsFX :p

It’s not easy on the eyes is it!

• Sounds interesting and different from most other apps I have.

• @Tentype said:

@Gavinski said:

@Tentype said:

@H34rtc0r3 said:

Plasmonic imo is basic oscillators, an impulse section with some good sound options, a fantastic resonator, great delay and reverb options, and deep mpe modulation options.

RingsFX has A LOT of that. So there's similar sounds happening.

The mod matrix seems decent and has cc74 assignments. I didn't get the best look at the matrix so that might be where i focus my feature requests. Put EVERYTHING in that mod matrix @4pockets_paul !

IMO, RingsFX is the closest dedicated iOS synth to Plasmonic so far. Not identical for sure, but closest yet!

I had high hopes for Baby Audio Atoms. But nope, unless they revamp their mpe implementation.

There were definitely moments that reminded me of Plasmonic promo videos I’ve seen, particularly when Doug was using the velocity/exciter sequencer while holding chords. This synth would sound absolutely epic running two different instances with different oscillators. I’m thinking big pads, with sequenced little string/resonant ear candy on top of it. Very excited for this!

• I wonder if Paul would consider adding a little sample player to the exciter. For more options than just noise.

• Brilliant! Very interested in this one. The equivalent module in miRack is my goto module for sound sources. Love it 😁

Paul is releasing his deeper tutorial tomorrow, which goes into more detail about the differences

Thanks Doug. I'm still listening to it, but already I noticed that he's added polyphony. Here's the link: