Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

gotHarp?

Hi,
I am looking for a natural harp sound (see pic to show you the type of harp I mean).
There's an old post (I really did a search) on this...... but....... some of the recommendations;

• Thumb Jam - but it's not AUV3 whaaAAAAaaa??
  • Pianoteq - but it's like $129 to get the "basic" package to include a harp sound ?? whaAAAAAa??
  • Korg Module - under Guitar/Plucked sounds there is a harp, but my 8 year old nephew has more realistic harp sounds whaaAAAAaa??

REQUIREMENTS: realistic, AUV3, doesn't cost a mortgage payment, I can play it with MIDI notes from Atom Roll (or whatever MIDI note player), isn't a DSP or CPU hog.....

Thank you in advance!!!
Harp On

Comments

• I don’t have a real good harp ear, but a few I’ve found that were ok to me were harp sounds in BeatHawk libraries, also, isymphonic, and I came across a few free ones in sound fonts. Here’s a free soundfont place.. https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

• Pianoteq might be expensive compared to other iOS apps, but it’s phenomenally good. You also get some fantastic piano modeling with it that doesn’t require huge sample libraries.

• edited March 10

Last year I've tried to find a Kontakt harp library that doesn't sound thin and has enough articulations to make a harp riff sound real. My reference were harp recordings by Andreas Vollenweider and even for my desktop machine, I haven't found a single one that did it for me.
    Neither does Pianoteq, although its basic harp sound is quite good.
    The only one that came close sound-wise was Orange Tree Angelic Harp, but unfortunately it lacks many articulations that would let me play the sampled harp like if a real harp player plays a harp with fingers.
    I'm really surprised that while there are many different products, I haven't found one that includes all the sounds required to make the harp sound like it's played with fingers, which is what I thought would be the most common way to play a harp, isn't it?

I'd be happy to be proven wrong! 😉

• Here’s one for the SFZ instrument Isfizz https://apps.apple.com/us/app/isfizz/id6470708963
    There are other good free SFZ instruments.
    https://freepats.zenvoid.org/OrchestralStrings/harp.html

• Just agreeing with @Dav , BeatHawk Baroque pack has a nice one … used in this…

• edited March 10

@GeoTony Is BeatHawk AUV3 though????

IMHO.... it sounds more like a piano than a harp. I might be able to combine it with my Korg 'nylon string' guitar to get a more harp sounding harp. I need AUV3 so I can use it in Loopy Pro

• @Vmusic said:
    @GeoTony Is BeatHawk AUV3 though????

IMHO.... it sounds more like a piano than a harp. I might be able to combine it with my Korg 'nylon string' guitar to get a more harp sounding harp. I need AUV3 so I can use it in Loopy Pro

Yes it is.

• @GeoTony said:
    Just agreeing with @Dav , BeatHawk Baroque pack has a nice one … used in this…

Very nice and harpy. 👍

• As @michael_m said, very much auv3 😊

• edited March 10

@Vmusic said:

• Korg Module - under Guitar/Plucked sounds there is a harp, but my 8 year old nephew has more realistic harp sounds whaaAAAAaa??

While the included harp in Korg Module is very meh, there are two harp patches in the KAPro London Symphony Orchestra Orchestral Dreams collection that are significantly more appealing.

• @GeoTony Bought the BeatHawk and a couple of the addon packs (Baroque) - Thank you!!!

@Mies_van_der_Robot I have the KAPro London Symphony Orc..... If I select Category London Symphonic or Choir Dreams - I can see many of the KApro programs. Which one is like a Harp?

• edited March 10

@Vmusic said:
    @Mies_van_der_Robot I have the KAPro London Symphony Orc..... If I select Category London Symphonic or Choir Dreams - I can see many of the KApro programs. Which one is like a Harp?

You need to look under the Strings/Choir category, or the Orchestral Dreams category. They are titled KApro Harp 1 and KApro Harp 2. There are also a couple of Harp & Strings patches there as well.

...which means they must be from Orchestral Dreams, not LSO. Sorry, I'd forgotten that was another KApro set, not just part of the LSO.