Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My One And Only Love

Some weekend chill. Ravenscroft 275 and BeatHawk Total Bass.

Comments

• A classic if ever there was one, beautifully revoiced. Really well done, Michael.

Perhaps my favorite version, done by a different Michael… https://music.apple.com/us/album/my-one-and-only-love/1444171168?i=1444171854

• Thank you @shmotown. You’re right, there have been several great renderings of this one. My fave is the Hartman/Coltrane version. I look forward to listening to yours.

• edited March 10

@LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @shmotown. You’re right, there have been several great renderings of this one. My fave is the Hartman/Coltrane version. I look forward to listening to yours.

Everything about the Coltrane + Hartman album is sublime. Such great musicians… https://music.apple.com/us/album/john-coltrane-and-johnny-hartman/1440640282

• Fine music to chill with, impeccably played.

• Nice one! Beautiful standard. Love all the movement you gave it.

• One of my favorite standards. Johnny Hartman--what a voice.

• Thx @MadeofWax @Dav @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. It’s all about the melody.

• It’s a humdinger !

• edited March 22

Artfully played, and the bass accompaniment is wholly convincing. I wondered about the staccato of the piano, though - is that a feature of the Ravenscroft voice, or an artistic choice? I found myself wanting the discrete notes to ring out and blend a little more, (more sustain pedal, maybe?) the rhythms to relax and swing a little - but that’s just me. You have to play really, really well before such an observation can even be made, after all… And you do play really, really well! If I could play so much as a single chord convincingly on my own piano I’d be better situated to criticise… :) Backseat driver, signing off.

• Thanks @GeoTony have a beautiful weekend.
    @Svetlovska i think it’s a combination of both. I played an unadorned staccato feel. Very little pedal at times, but Ravenscroft can add to the percussive part. Here’s a remix with Kleverb and other effects. Any difference?

• edited March 23

It’s subtle.Can’t hear much difference in takes 2 and 3. FWIW I think I prefer take 3. Guess it must be more a matter of phrasing than production. Don’t get me wrong - both are good. With repeated listening, they are growing on me.

• Beautiful work mate as usual. You never cease to satisfy my ears. :)

• Thanks @Svetlovska i guess reverb on Staccato doesn’t turn it into legato.
    Glad you enjoyed it @jwmmakerofmusic, have a good one!

• Another great one. (You are making me miss my chops man.after over a year of practically no playing I gotta get practicing again !)

• That sounds good @yellow_eyez. Thanks for listening!

• It’s great to listen to your interpretations - I have a Real Book that I pick songs from, but mostly play them as-written (just not as good as you, so I have to practice a lot to get any improvisation sounding good). What I’m hearing here is what I aspire to, but it’s still some way off.

• Thx @michael_m. My teacher, Connie Crothers, taught me how to improvise from a cosmic place, but her exercises were very earthbound. If you haven’t read this essay I wrote several yrs ago it might be of interest to you.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27012/how-to-improve-your-keyboard-improvising-100-in-three-weeks

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thx @michael_m. My teacher, Connie Crothers, taught me how to improvise from a cosmic place, but her exercises were very earthbound. If you haven’t read this essay I wrote several yrs ago it might be of interest to you.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27012/how-to-improve-your-keyboard-improvising-100-in-three-weeks

My teacher is actually a jazz guitarist, but his piano skills are very good. He’s definitely rooted in the Real Book, and a lot of what he teaches is around learning the piece then continuing to learn (and practice , practice, practice) arpeggios and scales and then just see what works and change things up until it feels right. Left hand is very chord-based, but we work on good voice leading and breaking up the chords across each measure.

I have a feeling you linked to that post before as it seems familiar, but I’ll give it another read through and sit at the piano later with that in mind.

• @michael_m i’ve reposted it several times over the yrs. The good thing about this exercise is that it’s not thinking based. In conjunction with a theory based approach you’re covering all the bases.