Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Advantage to Musebud and Bass Note Generator over Riffer?

I love apps that can help me try out different sounds quickly to get ideas or a jam going. But I'm also trying to keep from duplicating functions at this point... Anyone with all three apps have thoughts on added value from the bud apps if I already have Riffer? Thanks!

Comments

• Also, forgot that Melodybud also has a lot of randomization features, but no ratchet.

• edited March 9

Musebud: As for functionality Riffer has 4 tabs of sequencing, thats really the only difference. HOWEVER, I do find that Riffer is smoother in QUICKLY making adjustments, such as drawing in notes (sliders can be fiddly) and displaying as sequence as long as 64 steps. With enough work both do the same functional thing.

Bass Note: for some things I find Bass Note easier in making less hectic baselines than in Riffer.

• Hands down the absolute best generator plugin in Scaler2. With the song and artist performance modes nothing can come close. That’s on top of the insane chord research and design tools.

• I don't have Bass Note Generator but what I see as far as how Musebud differs from Riffler I feel like Musebud offers a bit more fine control on note length, ratcheting, and other parameters with probability sliders. It seems a bit easier for me to find something that sounds less robotic.

• If you want the funk, pure acid makes the funkiest bass lines on iOS. If I use like a minor pentatonic or blues scale and add some swing, it’s like Bootsy in my ears. The velocity from the accent adds pops and whatnot too

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    If you want the funk, pure acid makes the funkiest bass lines on iOS. If I use like a minor pentatonic or blues scale and add some swing, it’s like Bootsy in my ears. The velocity from the accent adds pops and whatnot too

it surely is the best

• @NoncompliantBryant said:
    Also, forgot that Melodybud also has a lot of randomization features, but no ratchet.

C > @Fingolfinzz said:

If you want the funk, pure acid makes the funkiest bass lines on iOS. If I use like a minor pentatonic or blues scale and add some swing, it’s like Bootsy in my ears. The velocity from the accent adds pops and whatnot too

I agree, pure acid is really musical, while a lot of generators sound random by comparison. Thanks for all the input, guys.