Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Skratch It by Aleksandra Wienclawska (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/skratch-it/id6474067478

We’re excited to bring you an app that redefines the possibilities of dj scratching with a single hand-held device, ready to be used on the go, anywhere you want.

Skratch it! transforms your iOS device into mobile turntable / mixer / loop player combo, allowing you to instantly experience limitless possibilities right at your fingertips.

・Seamless scratch experience・

Thanks to the implementation of a highly responsive virtual deck and a semi-automated mixer’s crossfader, it is possible to achieve both precision and finesse of performance even for beginners.

The mixer section offers eight, carefully selected, crossfader movement patterns that are automatically synced with the tempo of background music playback. These can be easily combined together by the swipe gestures, allowing to create endless combinations of the scratching sounds.

The app comes with a selection of six different sound sets, containing most of the all-time classic samples together with some fresh beeps, squelches and rough noises!

Eager to cut and bend your own sounds? Importing custom samples is also possible.

・Packed with useful features・

• Dope selection of background music tracks (80 - 140 bpm)
  • 6 pads for switching between different scratching sounds sets
  • Mixer unit with pattern-driven tempo-synced and manual modes of the crossfader
  • Responsive, large, virtual deck with triggers for performing “stab” and “faderless” tricks
  • Possibility to cue and trigger selected part of the record
  • 4 different DSP effects
  • Live recording to WAV (record your performance with or without the background music)
  • Importing of custom samples (44.1khz, stereo, 16-bit WAV files)
  • Tap tempo button for fast tweaking of the playback speed
  • Audio routing (audio output from the app can be routed to another app that supports IAA)
  • Built-in tutorial
  • Hours of fun and engaging experience!

Expected release within a week!

Comments

• Ahh i have been hopeing for an app like this for a long time 😃

Hey wait…. No auv3 😞

• edited March 9

Looks cool, I hope the layout can be flipped for people like me who prefer to cut with the right and spin with the left hand (I'm not left handed btw).

• how do i import a sample?

• @eross said:
    how do i import a sample?

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@RonnieOmelettes said:

@jaijai said:
    @ninobeatz Is it possible to load my own beat as a background beat?
    I can not find the option.

Wondering that too

Not in the standalone but you can turn the bg beat down then in the host app make your own beat.

To import samples place the sample in the skratch-it folder on your device then in skratch-it long press on one of the 6 buttons a-f and you will see a drop down of samples you can choose including your imported samples.

• Any lefties try it out? It looks good but not too lefty friendly

• I thought it was out already. Or was that a beta?

• @Ailerom said:
    I thought it was out already. Or was that a beta?

• @Simon said:

@Ailerom said:
    I thought it was out already. Or was that a beta?

My apologies..meant to update

• @ninobeatz said:

No apologies needed. You do a great job of keeping us up to date with new apps.

• @Simon said:

@ninobeatz said:

True that.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Any lefties try it out? It looks good but not too lefty friendly

I was wondering about this as well…

• really interested in this but sounds like it need a few essential features i.e. pitch control and setting for the turntable speed and slipmat etc.

• Some sync options would be nice - Ableton Link

• A couple obersvations from a former old school hip hop DJ.

1. The fader is too close to the platter
    2. You can’t manually control the fader?
    3. Seems to be latency with the movement of the platter vas the sound output (could be my iPad- 2018 12.9”)

Other than that, this is a very cool application!

• edited March 24

@osc101 said:
    A couple obersvations from a former old school hip hop DJ.

1. The fader is too close to the platter
    2. You can’t manually control the fader?
    3. Seems to be latency with the movement of the platter vas the sound output (could be my iPad- 2018 12.9”)

Other than that, this is a very cool application!

I noticed the same. Even tried using the 8 slots to the lower left. I mainly purchased this app because of the platter size & the ability to import own samples. Dropped a few clips in the folder, long pressed the “Sound Set Selector” button only to hear a fraction of a second. However, I didn’t experience latency issues as of yet.

@Jose_Bee said:
    really interested in this but sounds like it need a few essential features i.e. pitch control and setting for the turntable speed and slipmat etc.

Pitch control, slipmat, Auv3 & better ways to import full wav file would be an essential improvement

• AUv3 is essential for me -- utilize loops and samples in another app - similar to Bleass Motion FX or Slow Machine. Then we're talking!

• @ninobeatz do you plan to allow to record from the microphone?
    There is this app "Baby scratch" that does it very well already.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/baby-scratch/id338290357

• @ttk said:
    @ninobeatz do you plan to allow to record from the microphone?
    There is this app "Baby scratch" that does it very well already.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/baby-scratch/id338290357

He's not the developer, you'll likely find a contact for the dev on the appstore page.

• @Simon said:

@ninobeatz said:

Thanks 🤝

• edited March 26

Loving this app I contacted the developer on their instagram page @amenbreakgenerator. The dev is considering some feature requests I asked for such as longer sample and longer beat imports.