Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Real trouble using Quantum Sequencer CC Control in AUM

I'm trying to use Quantum CC out to alter a synth. Sometimes I can get it to work but more often than not nothing happens.

Does anyone have the steps to making it work in AUM?

I choose a midi channel for the sequencer lane, then choose the CC# for the sequencer. On the synth, I choose a parameter like filter, choose the exact same channel and CC, but nothing happens.

I feel like a complete dunce. I've honestly had so much bumbling about trying to get Quantum to just work...i love the functionality, but without the CC sequencer working, I may as well just use mididreams 😔

Comments

• @NoncompliantBryant said:
    I'm trying to use Quantum CC out to alter a synth. Sometimes I can get it to work but more often than not nothing happens.

Does anyone have the steps to making it work in AUM?

I choose a midi channel for the sequencer lane, then choose the CC# for the sequencer. On the synth, I choose a parameter like filter, choose the exact same channel and CC, but nothing happens.

I feel like a complete dunce. I've honestly had so much bumbling about trying to get Quantum to just work...i love the functionality, but without the CC sequencer working, I may as well just use mididreams 😔

Have you used a midi monitor to see if the midi cc’s are being sent? If not, do. That will tell you whether to look at quantum or how the synth or AUM is set up.

• You may have missed setting a MIDI source for the modulation:

• Hi. I suspect your problem is in the routing. There are two possibilities:

• If you used MIDI Learn inside the synth app to configure the parameter, you need to route the sequencer output directly to the synth.
    • If the synth is an AUv3, and you've configured the parameter in AUM, you need to route the sequencer output to MIDI Control. This is easy to do in the AUM routing matrix.
  • Thanks for the help, guys. I think I figured it out!