Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

fmQT: FM Synth by Dahlia Sabin (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fmqt-fm-synth/id6475642825

Glitchy FM synthesizer. AUv3 Supported.

Inspired by the legendary sounds of digital FM synthesizers of the Y2K era, this app offers a wild, glitchy experience wrapped in an aesthetic that sparks creativity.

• Intuitive FM Synthesis: Dive into a realm of unique sound design with our user-friendly interface.
• Easy Automation: Effortlessly loop and automate parameters, a task that can be complex in other apps.
• Robust Sound Engine: Discover an arsenal of tools to experiment with, including multiple effects, filters, equalizers, and more.
• Engaging Design: A visually appealing interface that makes intricate sound design playful and inviting.
• AUv3 Support: Load fmQT in your favorite DAW and integrate it seamlessly with your other music apps.

Perfect for both beginners and experienced musicians alike, fmQT simplifies complex sound experimentation. Whether you're creating ambient textures, rhythmic patterns, or exploring uncharted sonic territories, this app offers an unparalleled sound design experience.

Price: $4.99

Comments

• Thank you @ninobeatz.
    OT: I really miss the 'like' or 'thank you' button in this forum.

• @filo01 said:
    Thank you @ninobeatz.
    OT: I really miss the 'like' or 'thank you' button in this forum.

🤝

• Bah! Just clicked "purchase" and then got a message; "requires os 17"..... :(

• edited March 8

Got it, messing with it now. Interesting, glitchy, unpredictable. You can record keys, knobs, or all, including onboard reverb, delay, compressor and bit crusher, on a continuous overdub into the onboard sequencer, so you can dial the madness up or down. Crying out for a randomise by section and randomise all function.

• Defo looks my cup o tea

• what are the fm parameters you can modulate? how many operators?

• 5 mins play, what do I think. It’s fun and different can see me using this for experimentation. Love the automation yet to get my head around it fully. Love the graphics GUI. Can’t find any presets as yet. Worth the price of a coffee. Yes certainly.

• Looks interesting. Nearly half a gigabyte according to the appstore. Is it actually a rompler then?

• @Gavinski said:
    Looks interesting. Nearly half a gigabyte according to the appstore. Is it actually a rompler then?

That’s what I was thinking haven’t found a way to save patches yet in app only via AUM.

• edited March 8

@Kashi said:
    Bah! Just clicked "purchase" and then got a message; "requires os 17"..... :(

Yeah - the more experienced developers like 4Pockets, Audio Damage, Bram and others seem to make their apps work with much earlier versions of iOS. More potential customers.

• @Gavinski said:
    Looks interesting. Nearly half a gigabyte according to the appstore. Is it actually a rompler then?

ah i see..not for me then ..dont even understand how it can be so big..even for rompler its huge

• @Svetlovska said:
    Got it, messing with it now. Interesting, glitchy, unpredictable. You can record keys, knobs, or all, including onboard reverb, delay, compressor and bit crusher, on a continuous overdub into the onboard sequencer, so you can dial the madness up or down. Crying out for a randomise by section and randomise all function.

So looks like My Little Pony but more Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

• @michael_m said:

@Svetlovska said:

So looks like My Little Pony but more Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Hahaha... That should totally be in the appstore description

• Whelp… @michael_m had me rofling with that, but it’s a pretty bang on description! I just posted results of my first noodle with it to Creations if interested. It’s a very twitchy pony, that’s for sure. :)

• I wonder what kind of audience the UI designer had in mind when creating this.

• @Slush said:
    I wonder what kind of audience the UI designer had in mind when creating this.

One with a sense of humor?

• @Slush said:

It's a "cutie"... "QT"... get it?

Hey, nothing wrong with trying something different or making a name for oneself on the App Store.

• @bigbee1 said:

@Gavinski said:

ah i see..not for me then ..dont even understand how it can be so big..even for rompler its huge

Found out that is a synth and not any kind of rompler btw!

• @Gavinski said:

@bigbee1 said:

@Gavinski said:

Was it built on the AudioKit framework?

• Hello 🙋‍♀️

fmQT dev here - currently working on the app size issue! 👩‍💻

I'm all ears if any of you have suggestions for improvement :)

• @dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

Congrats on your launch and thank you for this plugin!

• edited March 8

@dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

Congratulations on bringing something new and different to synth apps. Would you like to tell people the story of what inspired you?

• @NeuM said:

@dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

Congratulations on bringing something new and different to synth apps. Would you like to tell people the story of what inspired you?

Yes, that would be cool. It’s not often we learn the story behind apps.

• edited March 8

@dahliasabin : I’m loving the app! Already made a track with it. And it is the only synth app I have which is a) pink and b) has manga waifus in it. Double win! :)

My suggestion: per-section randomisers, (including the sequencer) , an overall ‘scramble everything’ randomiser, and an in-app preset manager for sounds and for sequences to capture moments of brilliance.

• @NeuM said:

@Slush said:

It's a "cutie"... "QT"... get it?

Hey, nothing wrong with trying something different or making a name for oneself on the App Store.

Absolutely, it’s different and kind of cool for sure.

• edited March 8

@dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

@Gavinski said:

@bigbee1 said:

@Gavinski said:

Ahh nice, I think knowing that I might just grab it on my Mac for now and iPad it later when things get smaller…

• @dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

Hi :),

Maybe expose little bit more actual synth parameters?

• @dahliasabin said:
    Hello 🙋‍♀️

Congrats on your release and bringing something different to the table! :) seems great so far.

• @Slush said:

My daughter! Somewhere on my laptop is a video I did of her chilling in her room listening to OTEP …and her room was all Barbie’d out . She was 9 at the time 😆