Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[ Meow | Audio Editor ] - Fast & Precise Audio Editing

Available for iPad & iPhone!

Meow is a fast and efficient audio and sample editor for quickly and easily getting general everyday audio and sample editing duties done.

It does not have a huge amount of features, but instead focuses on a fast, effective workflow and user interface.

It is free to try so you can see if the app suits your needs. To enable saving or sharing edited audio, a one-time In-App Purchase (IAP) is required.

https://apps.apple.com/app/meow-audio-editor/id6477335742

If you have any questions, suggestions, or potential issues with Meow, feel free to drop your feedback here!

And thanks to everyone here who participated in the Beta thread with their amazing suggestions and feedback! 🍻

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:

Meow is a fast and efficient audio and sample editor for quickly and easily getting general everyday audio and sample editing duties done.

It does not have a huge amount of features, but instead focuses on a fast, effective workflow and user interface.

It is free to try so you can see if the app suits your needs. To enable saving or sharing edited audio, a one-time In-App Purchase (IAP) is required.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/meow-audio-editor/id6477335742

If you have any questions, suggestions, or potential issues with Meow, feel free to drop your feedback here!

And thanks to everyone here who participated in the Beta thread with their amazing suggestions and feedback! 🍻

Well done getting this out in such a collaborative fashion, definitely a useful addition to the toolbox 🤘🙏🙌

• tjatja
    edited March 6

Installed, bought.

Maybe a link without "/us/" works better for some:

• @Krupa said:

@SevenSystems said:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/meow-audio-editor/id6477335742

Well done getting this out in such a collaborative fashion, definitely a useful addition to the toolbox 🤘🙏🙌

Yes, brilliant way to do development! Forum is a gold mine (mostly 😜)

• @tja said:
    Installed, bought.

Maybe a link without "/us/" works better for some:

Thanks and thanks! Updated!

• She's gonna be a real beauty in white too! 😻

• Spent a little time with Meow and it's a lovely app. A pleasure to use and so easy to edit with the selection handles. Thanks @SevenSystems! (White looks cool too.)

Only a few suggestions (so far).

How about a 'follow playhead' button/toggle - so when zoomed in the screen shows what's playing?

A lufs/peak level meter (I think that's already been suggested).

Ability to apply AUv3 effects within the app.

On my iPhone, unless I'm missing something, it seems that there are duplicate selection buttons (see pic) - maybe one of these spaces could be used for something else.

• @pbelgium said:
    Spent a little time with Meow and it's a lovely app. A pleasure to use and so easy to edit with the selection handles. Thanks @SevenSystems! (White looks cool too.)

Very good to hear! ☺️

How about a 'follow playhead' button/toggle - so when zoomed in the screen shows what's playing?

Yes I've thought about this. Maybe not as useful as in, for example, a DAW as you'll probably mostly be dealing with shorter samples, but I'll add it to the roadmap for good measure! 👍

Yeah, I would consider adding this, but then again, it might be slightly outside the scope of Meow (simplicity)... note that for "advanced" stuff like getting to exact LUFS levels etc, we have Trinity | Audio Mastering!

Quite possible technically. Will consider!

On my iPhone, unless I'm missing something, it seems that there are duplicate selection buttons (see pic) - maybe one of these spaces could be used for something else.

They are duplicate. The top toolbar is similar to a desktop "menu bar" in that it contains ALL options, while the bottom toolbar contains a selection of "Quick access" buttons to the most used functions, so you don't have to do menu diving.

• @SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

Yeah, I would consider adding this, but then again, it might be slightly outside the scope of Meow (simplicity)... note that for "advanced" stuff like getting to exact LUFS levels etc, we have Trinity | Audio Mastering!

+1

• In other (Mac) news...

Hopefully soon coming to a Mac near ya! 😊

• Short notice: There's a new video about Meow premiering 9 PM UTC (i.e. in 3 minutes), I'll be around for a chat!

• @SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

It seems like whenever apps get AUv3 plugin support they end up focused on a never ending series of problems, workarounds, display issues, etc.

That said, that's the one major thing that TwistedWave has that Meow doesn't. I never use that, so it doesn't matter to me either way. Lotta people would probably pay for it as an IAP though.

• @wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

It seems like whenever apps get AUv3 plugin support they end up focused on a never ending series of problems, workarounds, display issues, etc.

That said, that's the one major thing that TwistedWave has that Meow doesn't. I never use that, so it doesn't matter to me either way. Lotta people would probably pay for it as an IAP though.

Being an AUv3 host is a lot more work than people imagine…a few developer friends have commented on how much more work it ended up being than they expected…oftentimes requiring working around system bugs or common AUv3 bugs/irregularities that they need to workaround because users will hold them responsible if they don’t.

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

Being an AUv3 host is a lot more work than people imagine…a few developer friends have commented on how much more work it ended up being than they expected…oftentimes requiring working around system bugs or common AUv3 bugs/irregularities that they need to workaround because users will hold them responsible if they don’t.

Well that's true... why do you think I have such a huge AUv3 allergy and actually run around with a "NO AUv3" T-shirt all day! 😂

• wimwim
    edited March 11

@SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

Well that's true... why do you think I have such a huge AUv3 allergy and actually run around with a "NO AUv3" T-shirt all day! 😂

No! Making an AUv3 plugin is easy and fun! It's hosting them that's hard.
    Trust me!! Would I lie about a thing like that??

• @wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

@pbelgium said:

No! Making an AUv3 plugin is easy and fun! It's hosting them that's hard.
    Trust me!! Would I lie about a thing like that??

Well, I tried to make both, so I know 😄

• A short demo and a Giveaway, if anyone's interested

• Thanks, much appreciated! 🐈

• edited March 21

Hey folks,

Meow 1.1 is now available, featuring a very nice, straightforward 3-Band Noise Reduction -- something that I already wanted in 1.0 as I'd put it among the essentials for everyday audio editing.

Here's the Changelog!

NEW:

• Easy and straightforward 3-Band Noise Reduction option in the "Process" menu.
    • Introducing a new beautiful light theme when your device is set to light mode.

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Improved scrolling via mouse wheel / track pad.
    • "Select Played" now also takes into account setting / moving the playhead manually during playback.
    • Layout and font fine-tuning.

FIXES:

• Disable the 'Play' button while the 'Rec' dropdown is open.
    • Fix rare crash when starting playback with a zero-length selection while dragging selection handles.
  • Nice update @SevenSystems, the new light theme looks very cool!

Noise Reduction works well, but the drop-down menu (on my iPhone) doesn't scroll, so cannot access the lower buttons - probably 'Preview' & 'Apply'. (Also the 'Filter' drop-down menu doesn't scroll.)

• @pbelgium said:
    Nice update @SevenSystems, the new light theme looks very cool!

Noise Reduction works well, but the drop-down menu (on my iPhone) doesn't scroll, so cannot access the lower buttons - probably 'Preview' & 'Apply'. (Also the 'Filter' drop-down menu doesn't scroll.)

Sorry about that -- can you attach a screenshot maybe? If you have a very large text size set in your iPhone's settings, reducing that may help as a workaround.

• Normal text size (I haven't adjusted the text size on my phone). It's not a problem with the Filter menu, but it's difficult to select the buttons on the Noise Reduction menu. Just a heads-up, I'm in no rush.

• @pbelgium said:
    Normal text size (I haven't adjusted the text size on my phone). It's not a problem with the Filter menu, but it's difficult to select the buttons on the Noise Reduction menu. Just a heads-up, I'm in no rush.

Thanks, the menus should definitely be scrollable. Will investigate and a fix is coming! Sorry for that.

• edited March 22

@SevenSystem Hi there, noticed some weirdness... thought I'd check. I thought the IAP was only $4.99 a couple days ago. It now says $6.99. I was going to play with it, testing on macOS via the beta, then purchase the IAP if it looked like something I could use instead of Logic on desktop AND mobile. But, did the IAP increase already?

Also, I had the beta installed but it said the developer removed me from the beta on iOS. Not sure why, but no worries on that. However, I added the public beta link for the macOS version via testflight. Installed it, but now your app doesn't show up in either my iOS or macOS testflight apps. Did you already remove the beta? Or, did you just remove me again from the beta? If so, no worries. Just checking to see if there's some testflight weirdness going on.

• @skiphunt said:
    @SevenSystem Hi there, noticed some weirdness... thought I'd check. I thought the IAP was only $4.99 a couple days ago. It now says $6.99.

Hey. Yes the IAP price increased by $1 (was $5.99) as the app has more features now!

Also, I had the beta installed but it said the developer removed me from the beta on iOS. Not sure why, but no worries on that. However, I added the public beta link for the macOS version via testflight. Installed it, but now your app doesn't show up in either my iOS or macOS testflight apps. Did you already remove the beta? Or, did you just remove me again from the beta? If so, no worries. Just checking to see if there's some testflight weirdness going on.

Thanks for the report -- yes that's as intended, I usually expire the betas as soon as testing is finished!

Thanks for your help.

• edited March 22

@SevenSystems said:

@skiphunt said:
    @SevenSystem Hi there, noticed some weirdness... thought I'd check. I thought the IAP was only $4.99 a couple days ago. It now says $6.99.

Hey. Yes the IAP price increased by $1 (was $5.99) as the app has more features now!

Thanks for the report -- yes that's as intended, I usually expire the betas as soon as testing is finished!

Thanks for your help.

But didn’t you just start beta testing on macOS a couple days ago? You’re already finished testing it?

If so, did you fix the very small menu text in the macOS version?

I’d check the beta to see if that was addressed, but it’s now removed.

Also, will this be an actual native macOS version or simply a mobile version that you’ll allow to run on silicon Macs?

• @skiphunt said:

@SevenSystems said:

@skiphunt said:

Thanks for your help.

But didn’t you just start beta testing on macOS a couple days ago? You’re already finished testing it?

Also, will this be an actual native macOS version or simply a mobile version that you’ll allow to run on silicon Macs?

Good points, and that's precisely it: I've decided that using Apple's "simplified" paths of converting / offering an iOS app for macOS are too limiting, so there will be a native version, hopefully soon. The better the sales of the iOS app, the sooner! ☺️

• edited March 22

@SevenSystems said:

@skiphunt said:

@SevenSystems said:

@skiphunt said:

Thanks for your help.

Good points, and that's precisely it: I've decided that using Apple's "simplified" paths of converting / offering an iOS app for macOS are too limiting, so there will be a native version, hopefully soon. The better the sales of the iOS app, the sooner! ☺️

Ok. Well, the reason I joined the macOS beta was because I was interested in a lightweight, easy to use audio editor on the macOS desktop… that would likely be able to roundtrip between it’s mobile version. I’m already covered with various audio editing apps on mobile, so your’s would kinda be redundant (although I do like your interface)

However, as mentioned… if it had a native macOS companion version, it'd be worth purchasing for my needs. I ONLY have Logic on macOS, which is perfectly fine… but it’s often more than I need. I tried Reaper a few times, but never really liked the interface.

Your app could be the balance in simplicity and functionality I’ve been looking for on desktop, but until then… I’ll stay on the fence with regard to your Meow app.

As I mentioned, I only rejoined the beta because of your post that you were testing it for macOS. I'd hoped it was native.

I'm guessing that when/if you test a native macOS version, there'd be a new beta testing round for it? If so, you have my testflight. I'd be happy to test on silicon if needed.

I'll go ahead and delete my beta installs since you've ended testing.

Until then, good luck with your app!

• @skiphunt yes, I understand... and thanks for the compliments :) I want to deliver the best possible user experience in my apps, and that's really only possible with a "proper" macOS app. So it might still take some time, but when it arrives, it'll be great! 😃 so hang tight please, and thanks in advance for your help with testing and for your feedback in general!

And yes, there will probably be another public beta!

• @SevenSystems said:
    @skiphunt yes, I understand... and thanks for the compliments :) I want to deliver the best possible user experience in my apps, and that's really only possible with a "proper" macOS app. So it might still take some time, but when it arrives, it'll be great! 😃 so hang tight please, and thanks in advance for your help with testing and for your feedback in general!

Coolio 😎 looking forward to it

• @skiphunt said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @skiphunt yes, I understand... and thanks for the compliments :) I want to deliver the best possible user experience in my apps, and that's really only possible with a "proper" macOS app. So it might still take some time, but when it arrives, it'll be great! 😃 so hang tight please, and thanks in advance for your help with testing and for your feedback in general!

Coolio 😎 looking forward to it

...and apologies for the confusion regarding the Mac version -- I was fully expecting that either 'Catalyst' or 'Designed for iPad' would be good enough for a quick Mac version. I was mistaken FOR ONCE! 😁😜