Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AudioKit Synth?

I was doomscrolling on X and found this, now-deleted post.

Comments

• @sonorafilms said:
    I was doomscrolling on X and found this, now-deleted post.

I’ve seen another tweet mentioning that he has been working on this for years and that it isn’t a rompler. I am very curious to hear it.

• Could this be the AUV3 replacement for SynthOne?

• Based on the Nord Lead 2 I believe. Matt teased it on Facebook iPad music group a few weeks ago. Should be a nice one!

• edited March 6

Stupid me trying to click on the PICTURE to make it play - lol

• News I found on Facebook...

• "King Of Nerd"...?

• I had a Nordlead in the 90s, interesting!

• The Nordleads have some really nice pad sounds. I think he teased the synth in this forum before FB!

• Nice. I love my Nord Lead 2. Will be a super addition to the iPad

• It would be fantastic to load the Orginal nord files.

• edited March 6

@jamietopol said:
    News I found on Facebook...

Oh, yes. I’d give up eating for a day or two to get this. Have been looking for a non-sample based Nord app for a while. Really hope they’re working on a way to bring AudioKit apps to macOS.

• Cool. Notice it's no longer branded by Audio kit but by sir Matthew himself.

• edited March 6

As a ultra huge fan of Nord Lead 2 , i have strong hopes for this one .. especially the filter part and oscillators FM modulation …

pretty curious ..

• @israelite said:
    Cool. Notice it's no longer branded by Audio kit but by sir Matthew himself.

"Analog Matthew" could be his new sub-brand.

• @NeuM said:
    Have been looking for a non-sample based Nord app for a while.

There is this (for desktop):

https://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/

• @qryss said:

@NeuM said:

On desktop there is also this one .. doesn't look exactly same but in terms of sound it's at least as good as Discovery if not better..

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-daichi-laboratory-ichiro-toda

• @israelite said:
    Cool. Notice it's no longer branded by Audio kit but by sir Matthew himself.

🔥🔥🔥

• edited April 3

This one will be good!

• edited March 7

@dendy said:

@qryss said:

@NeuM said:

On desktop there is also this one .. doesn't look exactly same but in terms of sound it's at least as good as Discovery if not better..

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-daichi-laboratory-ichiro-toda

That one probably works fine, but the UI is quite unpleasant to look at. If I have a choice, I'd rather buy one which is functionally similar or identical with a beautifully designed UI. ;)

• edited April 3

Hey everyone, big thanks for showing early enthusiasm! It really warms my heart to see you all taking an interest. So, about the Nerd Synth app - think of it as a fresh spin on the classic lead A1.

It packs all those A1 oscillator sounds (all 40+ waveforms) but sprinkles in a dash of simplicity from the NL1 & NL2. It’s not trying to be a copycat, though. And this app has no relation to Clavia & Nord. So it might not be everyone’s cup of tea.

But, it’s the most ambitious synth app I’ve ever put together, if that counts for anything.

Been working on this project for so long, I’m starting to lose perspective – you know that feeling when you’ve been so close to releasing a piece of music for so long, that you start to second guess if it’s good or not?

I don’t want anyone to buy it blindly, so I’ve started to send some betas out to some YouTubers so you can get a feel and see if it’s right for you. Doug said he’s gonna post a video today.

This is one of those apps that I’m just happy with, regardless of whether people want to buy it or not..

Dean Daughters was the only one outside of AudioKit with the app at first, and he made an amazing overview. Along with 50 kickass presets. Here’s a little sneak peak at his upcoming video:

And here’s my homemade “Behind the Scenes” video if you want to see some new features that aren’t in any prev AudioKit apps:

TLDR; New app coming out in next week or two.

Thanks everyone

• You already sold me this synth with that awesome dub techno demo! Looking forward to it B)

• @AnalogMatthew : those demos sound great.

• So there's FM but no ring modulation or sync between oscillators?

• Looks and sounds amazing @AnalogMatthew

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this!

• Please consider bringing this (as a separate purchase if you like) to macOS desktop as a standalone and AU plugin?

• edited April 3

@frosttrance_7 said:
    So there's FM but no ring modulation or sync between oscillators?

You get a similar Ring Modulation effect to the one in the A1 (the “RM” effect on A1 is “Tremolo” in this app), plus you get a wicked distorted Ring Modulator

No osc sync.

• What DAW is he using there? Synth sounds great - can't wait!

• edited April 3

Ohh, before I forget, there are a few things not mentioned that this app brings to the table (that the hardware doesn’t do):

• You can have separate waveforms on each osc (ie a square on osc 1 and and triangle on osc 2, etc) the A1 requires both oscillators be the same waveform
    • You can have noise osc, fm pitch drop, and osc fine tuning at same time. (In hardware you can only choose one at a time)
    • and in the app you can have chorus, flanger, and RM at the same- in hardware you can only choose one, etc
    • The app can easily make 4-voice unison saws that sound pretty good.

I’m not trying to push this too hard, but for anyone who’s never had an A1, they might not know that they’re getting an enhanced experience.

And of course, while this has the most features of any AudioKit app so far (6 panels of controls, maybe bordering on too complex for some), this is isn’t a clone, leaving the door open for Clavia to still come to iOS. I spoke to someone from their team at NAMM and they thought the name “Nerd” was funny. 😆

And, I’m sure you’ll have one or two fav features from the A1 that this doesn’t have. Please think of it as a re-imagining. I’d invite you to consider what this app does have, its workflow, etc, versus what it doesn’t have.

Oh, and it’s also only $5

As for me, I’ve found this app so useful for what I do with my A1 that I’m selling mine to get another NL2 – which I still regret selling. Plus, a NL1 or NL2 would make the perfect controller for this app 👍

• Sounds cool, great demo instabuy 🤩

• @RonnieOmelettes said:

What DAW is he using there? Synth sounds great - can't wait!

Thanks! He’s using BeatMaker 3