Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sqsl RSVP - new app by Michal Macura (creator of sqsl Temp, sqsl Latch & other sequencers)

sqsl RSVP

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sqsl-rsvp/id6478861395

The same situation with the other applications from this developer: ,,sqsl RSVP is a standalone application, it can not be used as plugin and its output can not be routed to other apps,,

Comments

• I assume you can't record that output internally? Seems like it doesn't come with the samples from the demo based on the 688kb file size?

• I saw the video on YouTube random sample player. Oh it’s out already…

• @Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

The same situation with the other applications from this developer: ,,sqsl RSVP is a standalone application, it can not be used as plugin and its output can not be routed to other apps,,

I believe the majority are midi controller apps which can send midi messages out. They Really should be plug-ins though..

• This developer makes some really creative stuff but damn I wish they would embrace Audio Units. Either way, this one looks really fun

• I bought some of these apps, and like the creativity behind them and the very plain UIs. But specially for the fairly high price tag of some of these apps, I would expect AUv3 support. It is more or less standard today. And I think a lower price together with AUv3 support would very likely result in more sales income.
    Because they are standalone only, I see them as prime candidates to be run on a second (very likely older) iPad. I would love to do that (and pay the price), but here the OS requirements are fairly high. Latch for example needs iOS 15.5 and the app was released before Apple raised the bar for the minimum iOS version. I do actually think that apps with that functionality could run on a system with much lower specs.
    So sad for me - I really his apps, but for one reason or another they just don't work for me. Will have to live with it :wink:

• Has anyone tried? I’m curious if it grants access to the files app? Or do you have to be tied to a computer to import files?

• There is an old but gold app called AutoPad by Ryan Robinson (ZOA, OODA and SDS-x). It has some optional IAP sound packs.
    At least I think it does pretty much the same as this but(and) it is AUv3 ...

Correct me if I'm wrong..

• yes it works with files. just pick the folders you want to use and it will access all of the files stored there.

my take on it is to load the waves I want to have the program play with into three folders then record the output using Wavebox.

simple program, easy to use. wish the developer would make it available for the iPhone.

• edited March 7

@Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

I use them as MIDI controllers with my Mac. I always assumed that was the developer's intention with these apps of his. I love the ones I have and use this way (Temp, Latch, and now RSVP).

• edited March 7

@andowrites said:

@Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

I use them as MIDI controllers with my Mac. I always assumed that was the developer's intention with these apps of his. I love the ones I have and use this way (Temp, Latch, and now RSVP).

Is RSVP a midi controller? I thought it was a random '3 track' sample player. The way I've integrated it into my desktop workflow is by adding the ipad as an audio source on my Mac then using that in my desktop DAWs.

• @enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

Is RSVP a midi controller? I thought it was a random '3 track' sample player. The way I've integrated it into my desktop workflow is by adding the ipad as an audio source on my Mac then using that in my DAWS.

I only just bought RSVP, so I'm yet to explore it. But yes, I have it for integrating into my Ableton Live setup. So again, not for iPad use.

I guess I just never understand why this clearly creative dev gets beaten up on for not playing the AUv3 game. I love the apps I have from him.

• @andowrites said:

@enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

Is RSVP a midi controller? I thought it was a random '3 track' sample player. The way I've integrated it into my desktop workflow is by adding the ipad as an audio source on my Mac then using that in my DAWS.

I only just bought RSVP, so I'm yet to explore it. But yes, I have it for integrating into my Ableton Live setup. So again, not for iPad use.

I guess I just never understand why this clearly creative dev gets beaten up on for not playing the AUv3 game. I love the apps I have from him.

Exactly - I respect his decision not to go down the AUv3 or nothing road. His stuff is unique and sometimes frustrating but always very interesting.

• @andowrites said:

Wow! What an unnecessary exaggeration, no one has "beaten up", just simply asked the question - why not a broader functionality spectrum?

Many (most) app releases these days for iDevices offer IAA, AUV3, Ableton Link and of course Stand Alone, the latter is all he offers so it's not a strange question nor a rude one to ask: why? The answer is still in the wind.

I bought Astral which is pretty cool and I wanted Lottery but thought the price a bit to high, so maybe another time.

• @Pxlhg said:

@andowrites said:

Wow! What an unnecessary exaggeration, no one has "beaten up", just simply asked the question - why not a broader functionality spectrum?

Many (most) app releases these days for iDevices offer IAA, AUV3, Ableton Link and of course Stand Alone, the latter is all he offers so it's not a strange question nor a rude one to ask: why? The answer is still in the wind.

I bought Astral which is pretty cool and I wanted Lottery but thought the price a bit to high, so maybe another time.

On the Lottery thread I wrote that the main reason for the absence of IAA AUv3 etc is because his focus seems to be on hardware midi control though I guess that's not the case with RSVP.

• edited March 8

@Pxlhg said:

@andowrites said:

Ah well. Different views, that's all. And different experiences. I can only ever speak from and for my own experience, and I have no call to defend that either.

Thanks for reminding me why I so rarely visit this forum. Bye.

• @enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@enkaytee said:

@andowrites said:

@Artioc said:
    sqsl RSVP

Exactly - I respect his decision not to go down the AUv3 or nothing road. His stuff is unique and sometimes frustrating but always very interesting.

Amen.

• @andowrites said:
    Thanks for reminding me why I so rarely visit this forum. Bye.

Bye.