Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CS spectral Q. is the currently fastest iPad good enough to run CS spectral easily or Not?

I'm wondering if it's still a struggle or if you can run cs spectral as well as a few other apps at the same time and not have any glitches???

Comments

• edited October 2014

No problems running it in the effect slot with various others in the input. When it worked that is. Doesn't come alive in AB any more for me, just stays asleep.

Edit: On an Air, buffer at 256

• so would you say that if I wait until the new iPads come out to get a good deal on the current most powerful one that it should be sufficient to run cs spectral without any problems or lag etc…?

• I can hardly have 2 fx turned on in CSSpectral without some minor (but noticeable) glitching. Am I alone in this or do others run a single fx at a time?

Here is the test setup

IPad mini retina, rebooted
    CS Spectral only app loaded, no Audiobus or any other apps, playing an internal factory loop
    CS Latency at 512
    3D and 2D controls turned off in settings
    Airplane mode on

I can add phase vocoder ok, maybe granular delay.. But nothing on top of that... The 3rd reverb is completely unusable (even on its own)

Any similar / alternate performance situations? Thanks

• edited December 2014

I really had a hard time getting multiple effects running without some sort of glitch. It happened to a bit too many fx combos for my taste, so I don't have the app any more. Would love to revisit it though, when there's hardware out that can actually run it properly. (On iPad Air btw)

• Hmmm ok, thanks loads for the comparison, shame really! Powerful app but not really optimised for the platform. I wonder if they only tested one fx at a time?

Keep revisiting it, but ultimately never actually using it!