Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pro-R (and Timeless) "Lock Mix" + Loopy Pro

edited February 29 in Loopy Pro

Hi! πŸ€—
I have a "stepped dial" to select different presets in Pro-R.
I also have a "button" to toggle the "Lock Mix" in Pro-R.

If I use the button to toggle ON the "Lock Mix", it works just fine if I change the presets IN Pro-R's interface... but, if I use the stepped dial to change the preset, the "Lock Mix" doesn't hold in Pro-R and the mix level return directly to the one initialy saved with the preset 😒.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€”

Comments

• @Gratouilli said:
    Hi! πŸ€—
    I have a "stepped dial" to select different presets in Pro-R.
    I also have a "button" to toggle the "Lock Mix" in Pro-R.

If I use the button to toggle ON the "Lock Mix", it works just fine if I change the presets IN Pro-R's interface... but, if I use the stepped dial to change the preset, the "Lock Mix" doesn't hold in Pro-R and the mix level return directly to the one initialy saved with the preset 😒.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€”

Can you post screenshots of showing the details of the dial setup?

It might be that the lock only applies if using the AU’s internal preset selector and does not apply when a host changes a preset.

If you change presets by selecting from the preset listing in the window title bar, does the mix lock work?

• edited February 29

@espiegel123 , thanks for your reply πŸ™πŸ»
    I've made a video to show all of this :smile:

I hope it will help sorting out the problem 🀞🏻

• @Gratouilli said:
    @espiegel123 , thanks for your reply πŸ™πŸ»
    I've made a video to show all of this :smile:

I hope it will help sorting out the problem 🀞🏻

If I understand your video, the lock only works if you use pro-r’s internal preset controls. If I understand your video , when you manually change a preset by using iOS preset changes (selecting from the preset list in the AU title bar) it doesn’t work.

Does pro-r have midi learn for the internal preset mechanism or expose it as an AU parameter?

If not, I think you will need to contact Fabfilter. As it looks like it’s not designed so that the lock is respected if the host loads presets stored in the host.

• @espiegel123 said:
    If I understand your video, the lock only works if you use pro-r’s internal preset controls. If I understand your video , when you manually change a preset by using iOS preset changes (selecting from the preset list in the AU title bar) it doesn’t work.

Exactly.

Does pro-r have midi learn for the internal preset mechanism or expose it as an AU parameter?

I don't know, and don't even know how to know that πŸ˜…, but the problem is the same in AUM and in EG Nodes the preset aren't exposed.

If not, I think you will need to contact Fabfilter. As it looks like it’s not designed so that the lock is respected if the host loads presets stored in the host.

Ok, I'm going to contact their support.

Thanks again!