Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midifx analogs of Moog keyboards (Animoog, Marianna)

Hello everyone. Can you tell me what analogues of Moog keyboards exist? I need to be able to turn notes on and off (program my chords) Scalebud, but it's confusing and inconvenient there. There were variants of Tonality, Suggester, Xequence key, Geoshred. But as far as I understand, they do not have such functions as in the Moog keyboard (Ani). I know that Moog keyboards themselves can be used in Aum. But I tried to use them in EgNodes but without success.
I forgot to add it so that it works on both iPad and iphone.

Comments

• @solncekreeze said:
    Hello everyone. Can you tell me what analogues of Moog keyboards exist? I need to be able to turn notes on and off (program my chords) Scalebud, but it's confusing and inconvenient there. There were variants of Tonality, Suggester, Xequence key, Geoshred. But as far as I understand, they do not have such functions as in the Moog keyboard (Ani). I know that Moog keyboards themselves can be used in Aum. But I tried to use them in EgNodes but without success.

Geoshred should work, you would need to load it as a midi fx, then point the midi at the Moog plugin you want to control. You'll want to make sure Geoshred is sending out the right mpe midi. Inside Geoshred presets there is a section called Midi Out, and inside that Midi Out preset section there is a preset for controlling Animoog. Give that a try.

In general, you will want to use an mpe compatible keyboard, and you will need to make sure it is set up in the right way. Mpe can be confusing as different synths etc are often set up in slightly different ways. Other keyboards to look at, potentially, are Velocity Keyboard and maybe KB-1. I don't use phone, you'd have to check whether they're on iPhone or not.

Xequence Keys is a great keyboard but not mpe (yet? @SevenSystems 😝) so it is not the Droid you're looking for. Sounds like you'd probably find it useful to read up a bit about mpe. Cheers!

• @Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

Geoshred should work, you would need to load it as a midi fx, then point the midi at the Moog plugin you want to control. You'll want to make sure Geoshred is sending out the right mpe midi. Inside Geoshred presets there is a section called Midi Out, and inside that Midi Out preset section there is a preset for controlling Animoog. Give that a try.

In general, you will want to use an mpe compatible keyboard, and you will need to make sure it is set up in the right way. Mpe can be confusing as different synths etc are often set up in slightly different ways. Other keyboards to look at, potentially, are Velocity Keyboard and maybe KB-1. I don't use phone, you'd have to check whether they're on iPhone or not.

Xequence Keys is a great keyboard but not mpe (yet? @SevenSystems 😝) so it is not the Droid you're looking for. Sounds like you'd probably find it useful to read up a bit about mpe. Cheers!

Thank you😊I need not only Mpe, but also the ability to program chords and musical sequences. I found out that internal routing will be expanded in EgNodes and it will be possible to use the Moog keyboard for other tools. Perfectly😁

• @solncekreeze said:
    Thank you😊I need not only Mpe, but also the ability to program chords and musical sequences. I found out that internal routing will be expanded in EgNodes and it will be possible to use the Moog keyboard for other tools. Perfectly😁

You can't program musical sequences in it, but KB-1 from Kai Aras can do the rest that you describe.

• @wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

You can't program musical sequences in it, but KB-1 from Kai Aras can do the rest that you describe.

Thanks I have a KB-1. But sequences are one of the most necessary😊

• @solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

Animoog can do sequences?

• @wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

I was referring to the sequence of notes on the keyboard 🫣😊 One thing is good that in the Egnodes update you will be able to use the Moog keyboard.

• @solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

I was referring to the sequence of notes on the keyboard 🫣😊 One thing is good that in the Egnodes update you will be able to use the Moog keyboard.

Do you maybe mean you're looking for custom scales? Or just for general quantized scales?

• edited February 23

@Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@solncekreeze said:

Do you maybe mean you're looking for custom scales? Or just for general quantized scales?

In my favorite Moog keyboard, everything can be changed very quickly. Ionian... Root... But you can turn off any notes to play to a melody and harmony created, for example, by a Euclidean sequencer and changed to a tune that you like by ear. And standard chord sequences are not always suitable. You can safely play chromatic or any other chord. But for example, it is more convenient for me to pick up a melodic line by ear, veluching and turning off the notes. It is the Moog keyboard that allows you to do this quickly without being distracted by unnecessary things. It would be a shame if Moog released their keyboard as midifx. This issue has already been discussed on the forum, if I'm not mistaken. By the way, the Hilda sequencer offers similar features. But you can't play there, but only program the notes in the sequencer.

• wimwim
    edited February 23

The Simple Scaler Mozaic script lets you dial up a preset scale, then easily alter it on the fly - similar to the screenshots above. You would pass the keyboard (AUM, KB-1, Xequence AU Keys, any sequencer, or external keyboard, etc through it.

• @wim said:
    The Simple Scaler Mozaic script lets you dial up a preset scale, then easily alter it on the fly - similar to the screenshots above. You would pass the keyboard (AUM, KB-1, Xequence AU Keys, any sequencer, or external keyboard, etc through it.

Thanks I have a question-does this script need to be installed in the application? If so, what time is it? Or is Simple Scaler the app?) I just can't figure it out yet.

• @solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

Thanks I have a question-does this script need to be installed in the application? If so, what time is it? Or is Simple Scaler the app?) I just can't figure it out yet.

You would buy the Mozaic app if you don’t yet have it. Then you go to the link Wim shared and download the script from Patchstorage, for free. Then you would ‘Share’ the script to Mozaic. Then open Mozaic and the script will be there in the list. If it is not there you press refresh in that Mozaic UI. You have to scroll though the list of Mozaic scripts you have installed on Mozaic to find the script you want and then load it. Then you would put Mozaic between the 2 apps you are trying to connect. Eg: send your midi from your keyboard app to Mozaic. Then send the midi from Mozaic to the synth you want to control.

• @Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

You would buy the Mozaic app if you don’t yet have it. Then you go to the link Wim shared and download the script from Patchstorage, for free. Then you would ‘Share’ the script to Mozaic. Then open Mozaic and the script will be there in the list. If it is not there you press refresh in that Mozaic UI. You have to scroll though the list of Mozaic scripts you have installed on Mozaic to find the script you want and then load it. Then you would put Mozaic between the 2 apps you are trying to connect. Eg: send your midi from your keyboard app to Mozaic. Then send the midi from Mozaic to the synth you want to control.

Thank you🙌I will try.