Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro - importing files to make perfect loops

Hi - I'm hoping someone can share their workflow ideas on this. I want to take some older WAV recordings and import sections of them into Loopy Pro in a way to utilize LP's excellent perfect loop creation algorithm.

Do I have to play the loop within another app opened in LP? Or is there another way? I noticed that that when I import an audio clip/sample, I can adjust the start and end points, but I really want to use LP's loop detection because it is so sweet and works amazing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• @tubespace said:
    Hi - I'm hoping someone can share their workflow ideas on this. I want to take some older WAV recordings and import sections of them into Loopy Pro in a way to utilize LP's excellent perfect loop creation algorithm.

Do I have to play the loop within another app opened in LP? Or is there another way? I noticed that that when I import an audio clip/sample, I can adjust the start and end points, but I really want to use LP's loop detection because it is so sweet and works amazing.

Any ideas?

The auto-loop feature only applies to the first loop recorded. I suggest adding a feature request to allow it to be available in the import dialog: https://roadmap.loopypro.com

Here is a workaround.

• Import your loops into one shots of a particular color (blue for example)
    • Turn hold to play off for one-shots.
    • Set another color (say orange) as the destination for your one-shot’s color
    • turn auto loop detection on.
    • tap an orange loop to start recording and tap a one-shot to play
    • Stop the orange clip when the one shot is done
    • Voila

You can reset the tempo and move on to a new clip.

You could speed up the process by setting up follow actions for blue that start and stop the selected clip (which would be an orange clip)

• @espiegel123 said:

@tubespace said:

Any ideas?

The auto-loop feature only applies to the first loop recorded. I suggest adding a feature request to allow it to be available in the import dialog: https://roadmap.loopypro.com

Here is a workaround.

• Import your loops into one shots of a particular color (blue for example)
    • Turn hold to play off for one-shots.
    • Set another color (say orange) as the destination for your one-shot’s color
    • turn auto loop detection on.
    • tap an orange loop to start recording and tap a one-shot to play
    • Stop the orange clip when the one shot is done
    • Voila

You can reset the tempo and move on to a new clip.

You could speed up the process by setting up follow actions for blue that start and stop the selected clip (which would be an orange clip)

Thank you so much for breaking that down into easy-to-understand steps. I was able to do just that - one-shots into a determined colour loop. It worked great - and no loss to sound quality!