Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Relay - a bit more ultravox inspired music - instrumental

Finally upgraded my iPad to iOS 17, which seems to have cured my crashes with king of digital, hence this track has a few more patches from this great synth ( I could still do with some more memory!) and some alchemy / grand piano patches.

Track created entirely in Logic pro iOS with no external controllers. Video is pretty basic using STAELLA and does have some flashing images.

Hope you enjoy

Comments

• FPCFPC
    edited February 13

Haha only listened on phone speaker so far but you've absolutely nailed the Ultravox vibe. Great chords, vocal oooo's, piano, viola/cello... Love it.

Didn't notice any classic Warren Cann drum touches but I may be wrong.

• Saw Midge Ute solo show a few years back - just him and an acoustic guitar - he was brilliant! Anyway this takes me right back to my very early adulthood. The sound of the early 80s right there - great stuff.

• xlnt track, quite a few layers, well done

• Great track! The visuals complement the utilitarian Ultravox vibe very well!

• @FPC said:
    Haha only listened on phone speaker so far but you've absolutely nailed the Ultravox vibe. Great chords, vocal oooo's, piano, viola/cello... Love it.

Didn't notice any classic Warren Cann drum touches but I may be wrong.

Thank you, glad you liked it for first listen and hope you feel the same after listening to it on “Proper” speakers.

drums are one of my weak points :)

• @BillS said:
    Saw Midge Ute solo show a few years back - just him and an acoustic guitar - he was brilliant! Anyway this takes me right back to my very early adulthood. The sound of the early 80s right there - great stuff.

Yes, I keep meaning to go and see him in concert again. Last one I think was the reformed ultravox tour, rage in Eden at Hammersmith. Thanks for the kind comments.

• @Ufo said:
    xlnt track, quite a few layers, well done

Thank you

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great track! The visuals complement the utilitarian Ultravox vibe very well!

Yes, I need to do more tracks like these as the videos are easy, compared to a lyric/stock footage one !!. Glad you liked the track. Thank you.

• The music is weaving
    Haunting notes, pizzicato strings, the rhythm is calling.

Oh, Vienna! ;)

• Excellent, I think I’ve said before you have a very distinctive ’voice’. For me this kicked in at about 1:55. Something about your chord sequences? No idea really but I liked it 👍

• Thank you all for your kind comments