Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Pedals as FX in AUM

Hi all,
I need some help with hooking up external gear in AUM.
I have a Tascam 16x08 interface which is connected via USB to my iPad running AUM.
I have my guitar running through several pedals into an input on the Tascam so I can get that into AUM with no bother.
But what I want to do is utilize those pedals as fx units for loops and synths in AUM and for the life of me I can't figure it out.
If I use FX and bus sends they only show the outputs of the Tascam (which is sensible) but what I want to do is send say Channel 1 to my pedals so I can use them as FX units.
I'm sure there must be a simple way of doing this via buses and sends but I can't figure it out.
Surely this has been done before so I'm hoping someone can help.
Thanks. AV

Comments

• Don't you see the Tascam outputs when you tap on the output node (bottom) of Channel 1 and select Hardware Output? Or you can use a Hardware Send to tap off inside a channel. And you should see the Tascam inputs when you tap on the input node of another channel. So, you just need to connect your pedals between the selected channels.

I don't believe you'll be able to insert the external FX chain into an AUM channel. You'll need to send from one channel and continue processing in another channel. And if you want general dry/wet control, you'll need to use a couple more channels, and mix them into a thir channel.

Remember that using external FX will add some latency to the processing chain. It will also add some noise due to the additional A/D conversion, because the A/D is not synched with the digital output.