Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Living On Tundra Time

This track features several of the fantastic presets that @Spidericemidas created for Mitosynth. They have an arctic, frozen theme, and they are all quite beautiful. It’s a shame that Mitosynth will probably never upgrade to AUv3. It’s one of my favorites. Other apps include Ravenscroft, Jubal Flute, Strummer, and an acoustic and fretless bass from the default Cubasis instruments.

Comments

• I wanna live on tundra time, or maybe glacier time!!lovely track

• @sevenape said:
    I wanna live on tundra time, or maybe glacier time!!lovely track

Thank you so much. The last few weeks in Chicago have been brutal. I got the idea for this after looking out my back door. Except for the street lights, it looked like the Siberian tundra. It seems to have gotten better lately, but this is Chicago after all. Anything can happen. Thanks for listening. Stay warm!

• edited January 28

@Spidericemidas seems to specialize in crystalline. Haven’t heard a track from you in a while. I was getting concerned. Keep mucklucking on, bro!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Spidericemidas seems to specialize in crystalline. Haven’t heard a track from you in a while. I was getting concerned. Keep mucklucking on, bro!

Mukluks! I had a pair of those many, many decades ago. They were warm and toasty. We’re doing fine.

• I know there are many readers that won’t get the reference to the Don William’s “Livin’ On Tulsa Time”: a classic Roadhouse Country tune that was also covered later by Eric Clapton, SXjerly Crow and others…

• @McD What a great old song. Last time I heard it live was at Tootsie’s in Nashville. I forget the name of the band, but they were really good.

• edited January 29

Gorgeous! What a fantastic use of some of those old Mitosynth presets. It sounds icy and expansive. A very pretty piece of music.

I didn't think anyone was still using Mito synth since iOS14 broke it in Cubasis 2.

Now I am really curious to know how you got Mitosynth recorded for this track. Cubasis? 2 or 3? I stopped updating my iPad at iOS13.1-something because it was widely reported at the time that Mitosynth functionality was broken in Cubasis 2 by iOS14. I spoke to Canis at Wooji Juice and they said Mito was too old to keep up to date with further iOS updates and its architecture was way too ancient to re-code for AUv3. So I froze my iPad at that point because Mito is just so important to me.

On iOS13 I can still record Mito as IAA onto an audio track in Cubsis 2. Then just remove it from the track slot and insert it into another audio track...and so on.

• @LinearLineman said:

That'll be the "icemidas" influence 😉🕷️❄️

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Gorgeous! What a fantastic use of some of those old Mitosynth presets. It sounds icy and expansive. A very pretty piece of music.

I didn't think anyone was still using Mito synth since iOS14 broke it in Cubasis 2.

Now I am really curious to know how you got Mitosynth recorded for this track. Cubasis? 2 or 3? I stopped updating my iPad at iOS13.1-something because it was widely reported at the time that Mitosynth functionality was broken in Cubasis 2 by iOS14. I spoke to Canis at Wooji Juice and they said Mito was too old to keep up to date with further iOS updates and its architecture was way too ancient to re-code for AUv3. So I froze my iPad at that point because Mito is just so important to me.

On iOS13 I can still record Mito as IAA onto an audio track in Cubsis 2. Then just remove it from the track slot and insert it into another audio track...and so on.

Thank you very much! I jump back and forth between Cubasis 2 and 3. Both have pros and cons for my way of doing things. I used v2 for this one. I found that Piano Motifs recognizes Mito so I started with that. I don't use any external hardware, i.e. keys, guitars, mics, etc. so PM gets a lot of use in my workflow. I fired up Mito, then I selected it in PM. Then I loaded up AUM and selected Mito as an IAA audio source. and selected port 1 for output. In Cubasis, I created an audio track and routed it to Kymatica port 1. Then I hit Record and jump over to PM as quickly as I can! I usually wait for a beat or 2 after start before I hit Generate in PM. When the pattern is finished, I go back and normalize it and trim off the little bit of silence at the start. It's awkward, but it works. I haven't tried it in v3 yet. It's far from an ideal solution, but if I like what I'm getting from PM, I just work around that. I really liked how Mito sounded with PM generated patterns. Your presets are truly a joy to use! Do you have any more?

Thanks for listening and commenting. Have a good one, mate!

• Wow! Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah it's typically more fiddly when dealing with IAAs, but there's usually a workaround or setup which provides success to anyone who is patient and persistent! Glad Mito is still working for you. I love it a lot.

I did two banks for Mitosynth. Do you have both?

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Wow! Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah it's typically more fiddly when dealing with IAAs, but there's usually a workaround or setup which provides success to anyone who is patient and persistent! Glad Mito is still working for you. I love it a lot.

I have a bank that starts with Alpine, and another that is prefixed with MDP. If you are MDP, then I have them both. I love the names you give them. Very appropriate for the sound and often quite funny. One of my favorites is Balls Of Picasso! I am very interested in your sound designs for other synths, as well. Please keep me posted on new ones as they become available.

• edited January 30

@Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Wow! Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah it's typically more fiddly when dealing with IAAs, but there's usually a workaround or setup which provides success to anyone who is patient and persistent! Glad Mito is still working for you. I love it a lot.

I have a bank that starts with Alpine, and another that is prefixed with MDP. If you are MDP, then I have them both. I love the names you give them. Very appropriate for the sound and often quite funny. One of my favorites is Balls Of Picasso! I am very interested in your sound designs for other synths, as well. Please keep me posted on new ones as they become available.

Ok, do you also have these patches prefixed with the 🕷️ icon? Anahata. Anapanasati. Ashram. Bardo.
    If you have those, then you must have both banks. If not, then you need the first bank I made. Alpine is from the second bank I made all out of sampled reverb tails.
    MDP is not me.

Here's the demo of the first bank by Doug;

• @McD said:
    I know there are many readers that won’t get the reference to the Don William’s “Livin’ On Tulsa Time”: a classic Roadhouse Country tune that was also covered later by Eric Clapton, SXjerly Crow and others…

I’m one of the few who does, I was born in Tulsa. My dad actually got to play with a lot of those guys from Tulsa who would tour with Clapton

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:

Ok, do you also have these patches prefixed with the 🕷️ icon? Anahata. Anapanasati. Ashram. Bardo.
    If you have those, then you must have both banks. If not, then you need the first bank I made. Alpine is from the second bank I made all out of sampled reverb tails.
    MDP is not me.

Yes, I have those. It's been a while since I installed them, and I didn't know they were 2 separate banks. In any case, they are all really well done and I enjoyed using them in this track. Please keep me posted of any new developments for other synths.

• @Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:

MDP is not me.

Yes, I have those. It's been a while since I installed them, and I didn't know they were 2 separate banks. In any case, they are all really well done and I enjoyed using them in this track. Please keep me posted of any new developments for other synths.

Cool. Yeah, both banks were prefixed with the 🕷️ icon so Mito groups them all together and rearranges them alphabetically so it's not easy to tell which preset is from which bank.

Just about to submit 111 presets to Paul at 4pockets for a second bank in Copperhead. They'll be added and available as an update to Copperhead. I'll post a thread here when the update goes live. 👍

• edited January 30

@Spidericemidas said:

@Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Paulieworld said:

@Spidericemidas said:

MDP is not me.

Cool. Yeah, both banks were prefixed with the 🕷️ icon so Mito groups them all together and rearranges them alphabetically so it's not easy to tell which preset is from which bank.

Just about to submit 111 presets to Paul at 4pockets for a second bank in Copperhead. They'll be added and available as an update to Copperhead. I'll post a thread here when the update goes live. 👍

I don’t have Copperhead yet, but it’s next on the list. As Sammy Davis Jr. said… I’ll keep an eye out.

Edit - that was in poor taste. Sorry.

• Enjoyed this one Paul. Lovely sounds 👌