Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hihat samples

hey guys,

is there a detailed sampled hihat out there as wav? free or paid.
with lets say more than ten variations between closed and open.
same for the snare.
i don't mind loading 1 or more gig per part into a sampler.

cheers!

Comments

• edited January 25

Drumdrops has great multi sample drum packs. The packs are the whole kit but well priced and worth it for acoustic drums. Lots and lots of hat and snare variations. Recorded at a nice volume too so they’re easy to bring into the mix

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Drumdrops has great multi sample drum packs. The packs are the whole kit but well priced and worth it for acoustic drums. Lots and lots of hat and snare variations

thanks man, had a look at those. there pretty good, but not want iam looking for.
    i think of 20 or more different stages between closed and open hihat, each with different round robin layer. maybe i record them myself.
    i think you need at least 5 stages just to simulate the crossing between full closed and a little bit open.
    i think i can remember some kontakt (desktop) libraries had crazy detailed stuff.
    i would just need the folders with the wav inside.

• Just plain curious. Why would you want that level of detail?.

• edited January 26

i don't mind having my kick as steady sample ( in a electronic track) but snare and hihat/cymbals can be played/ programmed very alive and funky.as a drummer you can get pretty nerdy about details. maybe nobody else cares.
    i just have nothing to do that on ios, thats all.
    perfect would be just sorted samples.

• i still layer them with "steady" samples.

• wimwim
    edited January 26

yeh, hats are special. I don't have the patience to set up a massive kit for them, but I can see the benefit. Actually what would be amazing is a whole app dedicated to hi-hats with intelligence about articulation, etc.

btw, Drum Perfect Pro is brilliant for hi-hat realism if you can get your head around the pedal implementation. It achieves great results without a huge number of samples by blending the open and closed samples progressively as the pedal is opened. I would use it all the time for hats if only DPP had the ability to play its AUv3 player via midi. @Gilbert seemed to say this was possible in another thread, but I really don't think it is.

• i would be fine putting those samples into audiolayer (praise the lord for that tool).
    i just can't see myself having time for record, edit and name those correctly.

• edited January 26

@wim said:
    yeh, hats are special. I don't have the patience to set up a massive kit for them, but I can see the benefit. Actually what would be amazing is a whole app dedicated to hi-hats with intelligence about articulation, etc.

btw, Drum Perfect Pro is brilliant for hi-hat realism if you can get your head around the pedal implementation. It achieves great results without a huge number of samples by blending the open and closed samples progressively as the pedal is opened. I would use it all the time for hats if only DPP had the ability to play its AUv3 player via midi. @Gilbert seemed to say this was possible in another thread, but I really don't think it is.

i just ask for that a few weeks ago, a riffler for drums.
    think of a meshugga iap

edit: it has to be auv3, no matter if i program myself or a genuis like riffler does that.

• wimwim
    edited January 26

I'm more thinking of something that is only for hi-hats. Not pattern based and not a sequencer. Just a sound module but with some intelligence built in to improve realism, and with support for expression pedal to open and close the hats by degree. Basically what DPP has for hats but with possibly even more articulation intelligence.

• edited January 26

@wim said:
    I'm more thinking of something that is only for hi-hats. Not pattern based and not a sequencer, but with some intelligence built in to improve realism, and with support for expression pedal to open and close the hats by degree.

sounds good. i would even use the touchpad
    to open/close the hihat.
    can you have one finger tapping the hihat and the other open/close it per slide, technically?

• wimwim
    edited January 26

@Birdpie said:

@wim said:
    I'm more thinking of something that is only for hi-hats. Not pattern based and not a sequencer, but with some intelligence built in to improve realism, and with support for expression pedal to open and close the hats by degree.

sounds good. i would even use the touchpad
    to open/close the hihat.
    can you have one finger tapping the hihat and the other open/close it per slide, technically?

A touchpad would be very natural in the app, but if it could respond to midi and AUv3 parameter changes any controller could be used, the most "natural" being an expression pedal.

Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not a developer. Just thinking out loud of what would be useful if anyone ever developed it.

We'd be most of the way there if DPP's AUv3 player ever can be operated from external MIDI. As it is, if your DAW can accept IAA inputs, DrumPerfect pro can be used very well for this, subject to IAA limitations.

• @wim said:

Couldn't this be done with the mod wheel in audiolayer to crossfade between open hi-hat and closed?

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

Couldn't this be done with the mod wheel in audiolayer to crossfade between open hi-hat and closed?

it could be done in different ways in audiolayer, thats not the problem.
    its the amount of work to get that samples.
    or convert them from a kontakt library, which gives me headaches just thinking about it.

• there have been samples out there for a long time.
    someone got the old spectrasonics drum libraries? i think his its akai, don't know if its available in wav.
    and if its detailed enough.

• edited January 26

jonathan delivered a masterpiece with riffler.
    if he would team up with a drummerprogrammer i trust him he could do it.

• @Birdpie said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

it could be done in different ways in audiolayer, thats not the problem.
    its the amount of work to get that samples.
    or convert them from a kontakt library, which gives me headaches just thinking about it.

i was referring to the technique @wim mentioned of interpolating between open and closed hat with a controller.

• @Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Drumdrops has great multi sample drum packs. The packs are the whole kit but well priced and worth it for acoustic drums. Lots and lots of hat and snare variations

thanks man, had a look at those. there pretty good, but not want iam looking for.
    i think of 20 or more different stages between closed and open hihat, each with different round robin layer. maybe i record them myself.
    i think you need at least 5 stages just to simulate the crossing between full closed and a little bit open.
    i think i can remember some kontakt (desktop) libraries had crazy detailed stuff.

Drumdrops doesn't seem to be what you're looking for but I just wanted to add some precisions about some of their multi velocity libraries (the older ones) cause I think their hi-hats are very detailed. here is list of hi-hat articulations for their Motown pack but all the old kits follow the same articulation structures. Those hi-hats come with 12 velocity layers and some kits also include 3 round robins.

• Why not set up a mic and record a real hi-hat?

• @Birdpie said:
    there have been samples out there for a long time.
    someone got the old spectrasonics drum libraries? i think his its akai, don't know if its available in wav.
    and if its detailed enough.

You might be able to find them here: https://old.reddit.com/r/jungle/comments/199e0mz/buttload_of_old_sample_cds_to_download/

• @JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Drumdrops doesn't seem to be what you're looking for but I just wanted to add some precisions about some of their multi velocity libraries (the older ones) cause I think their hi-hats are very detailed. here is list of hi-hat articulations for their Motown pack but all the old kits follow the same articulation structures. Those hi-hats come with 12 velocity layers and some kits also include 3 round robins.

thanks alot, will check that out.

• @JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I’ve been thinking about using FAC Drums or Sitala and maybe some midi filtering if necessary for an all Hi-Hat articulation instance.

• edited January 29

@JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

there are two available:
    motown drumdrops ~ 230mb
    and
    motown drumdrops kit ~ 13gb

are those lists online available?

• edited January 30

@Birdpie said:

@JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

there are two available:
    motown drumdrops ~ 230mb
    and

I own most of their old kits (multi sample versions). The motown kit at 13gb is probably the whole sample pack which contain everything, meaning every sample and version of this kit they ever made ( drum replacement pack included and all samples with separate mic samples and up to 5 round robins for their discontinued Kontakt library). That's overkill should you ask me but maybe close to what you're looking for.

The one I got was the multi sample pack which contains a blend of all mics for each sample velocity (up to 30) with 3 round robins each. That's already a whole bunch of samples. Size is 4.5 GB unzipped.
    The articulation mapping list excerpt I attached previously comes with the pack. I am not sure it is available on line.
    Hope it helps

• @JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@JanKun said:

@Birdpie said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

there are two available:
    motown drumdrops ~ 230mb
    and

I own most of their old kits (multi sample versions). The motown kit at 13gb is probably the whole sample pack which contain everything, meaning every sample and version of this kit they ever made ( drum replacement pack included and all samples with separate mic samples and up to 5 round robins for their discontinued Kontakt library). That's overkill should you ask me but maybe close to what you're looking for.

The one I got was the multi sample pack which contains a blend of all mics for each sample velocity (up to 30) with 3 round robins each. That's already a whole bunch of samples. Size is 4.5 GB unzipped.
    The articulation mapping list excerpt I attached previously comes with the pack. I am not sure it is available on line.
    Hope it helps

drumdrops did it for me, thanks alot!