Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drops on the ceiling

Comments

• Great stuff! Is the guitar from Logic too or an actual guitar?

The vibes match the album cover perfectly 🤙🏼

• Thanks @HotStrange 😊 It is this guitar and microphone and lots of edits:

• Excellent as per usual!

• You just hit me right in the soft spot. Water is the most inspiring thing in music for me. 🤩 Fantastic piece, modern sounding, and after listening, left you in hunger for more. I’m struggling to find the time to listen to all the things you've done lately. Sorry for that. 😔

• @jo92346 said:
    Thanks @HotStrange 😊 It is this guitar and microphone and lots of edits:

Looks like a beauty!

• I like this new direction with guitars and drums, this one feels almost like a post-rock instrumental, great stuff.

• edited January 25

Study in blue.
    Do you know the photographer Roman Thiery? Specializes in abandoned pianos.

• Great as always. Did you proceed as usual, first transposing what's in your head than learn to play it on the guitar?

• edited January 25

@jankun yes. The guitar was tricky, what is in my hea$ doesn’t necessarily transpose easily on the neck. had to make a weird custom tuning, the A string two semi tones lower so I could play both the E string and the new G together, D string tuned as a D# etc. I think I’m reinventing the wheel, but some chord positions and transitions were easier to play (I’m lucky I don’t have crazy muscle memory for the guitar)
    Still, lots of edits and overdubs.

After listening after wake-up there was lot I didn’t like so I re recorded a few bars and fixed quite a few things. Gonna upload it.

• @jo92346 said:
    @jankun yes. The guitar was tricky, what is in my hea$ doesn’t necessarily transpose easily on the neck. had to make a weird custom tuning, the A string two semi tones lower so I could play both the E string and the new G together, D string tuned as a D# etc. I think I’m reinventing the wheel, but some chord positions and transitions were easier to play (I’m lucky I don’t have crazy muscle memory for the guitar)
    Still, lots of edits and overdubs.

Though in love playing in standard, I also spend a lot of time playing in all kinds of Open tunings! It can radically change the way the guitar sound and/or your own playing. Try this one FACFAC !

• @JanKun said:
    Though in love playing in standard, I also spend a lot of time playing in all kinds of Open tunings! It can radically change the way the guitar sound and/or your own playing. Try this one FACFAC !

I’m not a performer and I don’t really doodle on the guitar or any instrument. I tune the guitar just to make it as easy as possible to play and record what I write. Since it isn’t performed, I can record 8 bars with one tuning, then 8 bars with a different tuning, etc, that makes possible for me to play something I actually can’t play.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Study in blue.

Definitely.

Do you know the photographer Roman Thiery? Specializes in abandoned pianos.

No, but I’m gonna check his work. Looks beautiful.

• @jo92346 said:

@JanKun said:

I’m not a performer and I don’t really doodle on the guitar or any instrument. I tune the guitar just to make it as easy as possible to play and record what I write. Since it isn’t performed, I can record 8 bars with one tuning, then 8 bars with a different tuning, etc, that makes possible for me to play something I actually can’t play.

I’ve been listening to some of your guitar compositions and wondered what it was that made them so delightfully unpredictable. Now I understand. A unique and inspiring approach with great results.

• Fascinating approach to playing and recording the guitar. Top results as well.