Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Strange pop-up blocked my ability to complete message.

As the title suggests, I experienced a strange pop-up that blocked the post I was writing. Once it was on-screen, i could no longer type, nor could I cop the text I'd already written. Had no choice but to re-load the page, which meant losing what I'd written.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• That looks like the Popup that appears when a draft of the message is being saved. It’s usually a brief flash though, probably just a glitch

• @FordTimeLord said:
    That looks like the Popup that appears when a draft of the message is being saved. It’s usually a brief flash though, probably just a glitch

Interesting! Not posted here for quite a while, and can't remember that happening. Good to know, though.

• I’ve had this before - several times, though not for a while. There is nothing I could find to remedy it apart from start the whole thing over again. It’s quite infuriating - especially if you have spent a bit of time on your composition 🤨 it usually means that the repeat is a cut down version.

• edited January 19

In general I find this "Draft saved" popup pretty annoying, as it

1) doesn't respect Dark Mode
    2) often pops over the very stuff I'm writing
    3) is unnecessary because in UI/UX design, the default state is assumed to be "everything is working" and if regular draft saving every few seconds is the "working" state, this doesn't need to be regularly announced (the correct way to handle this would be to show a popup when the draft wasn't saved.)

I mean, there isn't a popup every time you hit a key saying "Key pressed: 'E'" either 😉

Sorry for the nitpicking! The forum is amazing otherwise 🙏

• @SevenSystems . It's probably meant to prevent you typing while it transfers the text. Likely inherent in Vanilla, so useless to complain.

• @robosardine said:
    … it usually means that the repeat is a cut down version.

Then it’s a feature not a bug I guess. 😁

• This happened before. I usually use a text file to type a response in and then copy/paste into the reply box. 😂

• Thanks for the extra input everyone. Both comforting and not so comforting to know I'm not the only one it's happened to. Could try jwm's suggestion, I guess.

Cheers :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    This happened before. I usually use a text file to type a response in and then copy/paste into the reply box. 😂

Heh, I used to do that all the time when there was this bug in iOS where you couldn't turn off spell checking. Random red squiggly lines appearing under what I type wrongly telling me I'm an idiot is the epitome of annoyingness to me 😄

• @uncledave said:
    @SevenSystems . It's probably meant to prevent you typing while it transfers the text. Likely inherent in Vanilla, so useless to complain.

No, it is clearly an oversight. It happens randomly depending on the current scroll position, keyboard used etc... I'm also not really complaining, just pointing it out 😉 it's not useless either because who knows, some Vanilla developer might read these forums 😄

(there's also no technical reason to block input while saving the draft).

• @SevenSystems said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    This happened before. I usually use a text file to type a response in and then copy/paste into the reply box. 😂

Heh, I used to do that all the time when there was this bug in iOS where you couldn't turn off spell checking. Random red squiggly lines appearing under what I type wrongly telling me I'm an idiot is the epitome of annoyingness to me 😄

OMG same here. 😂