Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beta for a new Generative feature is open

Hey guys, what about testing out the new Generative sample Packs feature coming out in few weeks for Remixlive?

It's powered by a carefully human trained algorithm that generates Sample Packs based on our one shots, MIDI and Loops library of Artists, Studios and Sound designers. It's not full AI, yes, but it gives you the opportunity to create stunning samples and track ideas at will and almost infinitely.

You will also be able to try :

. New UX and UI
. Audiobus compatibility
. 30K+ exclusive Samples Library
. New Live Drum feature
. MIDI compatibility (no limit)
. Ableton Link

and many more!

All we're asking is you kindly take 10 minutes of your time after trying out the feature, to answer to our little form, that would help us a lot improving the feature ❤️

If you have Testflight installed feel free to follow this Link : https://testflight.apple.com/join/nHgY9R1F

You can follow the instructions here: https://tally.so/r/wdd6vr

Very interested by your feedback about it!

Comments

• Glad to see some of your subscribing to the Beta, looking forward to your first impressions ! :)

• Will test thanks!

• @Synthi said:
    Will test thanks!

That's awesome! Looking forward to your feedback!

• edited January 19

@LouisH said:
    Hey guys, what about testing out the new Generative sample Packs feature coming out in few weeks for Remixlive?

It's powered by a carefully human trained algorithm that generates Sample Packs based on our one shots, MIDI and Loops library of Artists, Studios and Sound designers. It's not full AI, yes, but it gives you the opportunity to create stunning samples and track ideas at will and almost infinitely.

. New UX and UI
    . Audiobus compatibility
    . New Live Drum feature
    . Ableton Link

and many more!

All we're asking is you kindly take 10 minutes of your time after trying out the feature, to answer to our little form, that would help us a lot improving the feature ❤️

If you have Testflight installed feel free to follow this Link : https://testflight.apple.com/join/nHgY9R1F

I'm guessing you need a premium subscription to access the generative packs?

• @enkaytee said:

@LouisH said:

. New UX and UI
    . Audiobus compatibility
    . New Live Drum feature
    . Ableton Link

and many more!

Not for the Beta sake (there's a fake payment going on), but once released, yes.
    We can think about a payment system with tokens but not sure if it's something we'll push.

• I’m not getting the app to try. I entered my ID, opened TestFlight - hours ago, but the Remix Live beta is nowhere to be seen?

• This app has the most amazing design and performance I’ve ever seen. Seriously imo the UI is so thought out, so accessible, and so fun to use. The amount of stuff crammed into it really is special. And it’s a perfect learning curve while still giving so many options.

That’s where all that subscription money is going. Hehe

Of all these launchpad clip launcher apps, this is by far my favorite. Wish I had something like this with the auv3 treatment.

• @robosardine said:
    I’m not getting the app to try. I entered my ID, opened TestFlight - hours ago, but the Remix Live beta is nowhere to be seen?

Send me your AppleID in Private message, i'll double check :)

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    This app has the most amazing design and performance I’ve ever seen. Seriously imo the UI is so thought out, so accessible, and so fun to use. The amount of stuff crammed into it really is special. And it’s a perfect learning curve while still giving so many options.

That’s where all that subscription money is going. Hehe

Of all these launchpad clip launcher apps, this is by far my favorite. Wish I had something like this with the auv3 treatment.

Wow, thanks for the kind words!
    Yes, we're a small Paris based team, putting a lot of passion, love and dedication into Remixlive.
    Would you like to enter the Beta as well?

• I’m really looking forward to trying it too. I’m not sure how high to set my expectations 😅- but the whole idea sounds genius like.

• Well this is quite something. I’ve been playing with it for a few hours now. It’s crazy good fun. I have easily built it into my ecosystem to create some great sounds. You have to try it.

• Oh this looks cool, I’m excited to try it out.

• Where is the little form you mentioned @LouisH ? I can see the beta feedback but not the form.

One thing I would say at he moment is that there absolutely needs to be a section in the home page - Genres - section for user/created packs so that you can quickly find them all together with their names and photos - like the rest of the already provided ones - because scrolling up and down the projects page to find what you want is a real pain in the hoop. - especially now that the people will be creating a ton of packs for themselves.

I think you are really on to something here 👍

• OK I see it ‘share your feedback’ on the welcome message.

• I hope the open beta brings more users!

• @robosardine said:
    Where is the little form you mentioned @LouisH ? I can see the beta feedback but not the form.

One thing I would say at he moment is that there absolutely needs to be a section in the home page - Genres - section for user/created packs so that you can quickly find them all together with their names and photos - like the rest of the already provided ones - because scrolling up and down the projects page to find what you want is a real pain in the hoop. - especially now that the people will be creating a ton of packs for themselves.

I think you are really on to something here 👍

Thanks for your feedback!
    That's a great point you have here, we'll find a way to ease the sorting one way or another before the release (early Feb).

• @HotStrange said:
    Oh this looks cool, I’m excited to try it out.

Hey, are you registered in already?

• @LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

I am. I was a subscriber for a year or 2 until a few months back (had to cancel during some tight money months) but I’m excited to be back. Gonna play with it on my weekend off this weekend :)

• You're more than 70 Audiobus Forum contributors to have installed the Beta!
    It's mind blowing to see such excitement.

We would be really appreciate if you could take 5 minutes of your time to complete this little form : https://tally.so/r/mZaaxB. It's vital for us to be able to improve your experience and improve what needs to be.

You can also access this form by tapping the "Share feedback" button directly within the UI of the Generation window.

• @HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

I am. I was a subscriber for a year or 2 until a few months back (had to cancel during some tight money months) but I’m excited to be back. Gonna play with it on my weekend off this weekend :)

Great that you can try the new feature out as a Remixlive user then :), please share your thoughts after you've tried, that would help us a lot 😊

• @LouisH said:

@enkaytee said:

@LouisH said:

. New UX and UI
    . Audiobus compatibility
    . New Live Drum feature
    . Ableton Link

and many more!

Not for the Beta sake (there's a fake payment going on), but once released, yes.
    We can think about a payment system with tokens but not sure if it's something we'll push.

Ah - OK, thanks.

• @LouisH Great work on the generative features, had some fun last night starting to play with this. I used Remixlive many years ago, so this is a nice refresh.

A couple of notes. I wish it was easier to bring in external samples.

A lot of apps like BAM and Koala have implemented the ability to browse specific folders within the app. This makes it a lot easier to import and browse samples. I keep all my samples in subfolders within the Sample Crate app directory, so I can import samples into any other app. It would be great if Remixlive had a similar feature, so specific external directories can be browsed using Remixlive itself.

Latest iOS versions have the ability to select a folder for browsing within an app, without the need to import all samples from a folder directly. This way samples are not imported until a file is explicitly selected for importing, such as dragging a sample to a drum pad in Koala. I'll post a screenshot.

It would be cool, if the generative features could work with imported samples.

AU would be awesome of course to use Remixlive with other apps.

Also does it support audio interfaces and routing individual tracks to multiple audio outputs?

• @auxmux said:
    @LouisH Great work on the generative features, had some fun last night starting to play with this. I used Remixlive many years ago, so this is a nice refresh.

A couple of notes. I wish it was easier to bring in external samples.

A lot of apps like BAM and Koala have implemented the ability to browse specific folders within the app. This makes it a lot easier to import and browse samples. I keep all my samples in subfolders within the Sample Crate app directory, so I can import samples into any other app. It would be great if Remixlive had a similar feature, so specific external directories can be browsed using Remixlive itself.

Latest iOS versions have the ability to select a folder for browsing within an app, without the need to import all samples from a folder directly. This way samples are not imported until a file is explicitly selected for importing, such as dragging a sample to a drum pad in Koala. I'll post a screenshot.

It would be cool, if the generative features could work with imported samples.

AU would be awesome of course to use Remixlive with other apps.

Also does it support audio interfaces and routing individual tracks to multiple audio outputs?

"Great work on the generative features, had some fun last night starting to play with this."

"I wish it was easier to bring in external samples."

• That's great, will look into it closely, seems a very nice upgrade!

"AU would be awesome of course to use Remixlive with other apps."

• Remixlive as an AUv3 is on our Roadmap for quite some times, it should be out in 2024

"Also does it support audio interfaces and routing individual tracks to multiple audio outputs?"

• Not yet no, it supports Line recording yes but not individual routing. This needs to prove being a hot topic for our users to get on the roadmap, please develop if you see this is a must have option for RL.
  • Thanks @LouisH for the responses. Is there a Discord btw for Remixlive?

• @auxmux said:
    Thanks @LouisH for the responses. Is there a Discord btw for Remixlive?

There is! Not sure the policy on invites so I’ll let @LouisH answer but they’re very active there!

• Crap! Missed the beta. This sounds very interesting and right up my alley.

@LouisH if the beta opens back up or you accept any new testers I’d love to give it a go.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Crap! Missed the beta. This sounds very interesting and right up my alley.

@LouisH if the beta opens back up or you accept any new testers I’d love to give it a go.

Sure thing i reactivated the link, please keep in mind that we'd love to get your feedback on it, that would take 5 minutes of your time but it's very precious to us: https://tally.so/r/mZaaxB

• edited January 21

HotStrangeJanuary 20 Flag
    @auxmux said:
    Thanks @LouisH for the responses. Is there a Discord btw for Remixlive?

There is! Not sure the policy on invites so I’ll let @LouisH answer but they’re very active there!

Here it is: https://discord.gg/GHQAHZ82HC

• @LouisH I have sent beta feedback several times on this but figured i would send here , it’s really hard to use some of the features because I’m constantly asked to resubscribe or have to restore , and in this instance while waiting for the generative pack, I put my iPad down and did something else for several minutes, came back and it was ready so when I pressed “create” it did this. And other times mid use of a downloaded sample pack it tells me the subscription ran out and I need to repurchase etc. not sure If this is happening to others or why it’s happening so often but it definitely is a huge damper on using the app. Attached are three times it’s happened but it’s just pretty constant to be honest.

@LouisH said:

• @LouisH said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Crap! Missed the beta. This sounds very interesting and right up my alley.

Sure thing i reactivated the link, please keep in mind that we'd love to get your feedback on it, that would take 5 minutes of your time but it's very precious to us: https://tally.so/r/mZaaxB

Cheers, will give it a go, and let you know how it goes.