Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK question: routing keyboard/chorder/xypad.. module to matrix to record in clips

For days I’m looking how to route for instance the chorder module in LK to record the playing in a clip. In memory I used to do this all the time, but I can’t seem to find out how to do it again. The modules also don’t seem to appear a a possible input on a track?
Can anyone shine a light or check if it works over there?

Comments

• were you using the lastest LK beta? I think we might have introduced a bug. On the matrix track midi devices input, you're suppose to have the other modules as input devices.

We'll try to address this as soon as possible.

• I thought I reverted to the ‘standard’ plugin but I indeed am using the TestFlight beta. Thanks!

• @pruddo said:
    I thought I reverted to the ‘standard’ plugin but I indeed am using the TestFlight beta. Thanks!

LK was updated yesterday. You'll have the same issue with the store version. I just asked because you said that you had that problem for days and I wanted to know if this might have been something new.

The next beta will have this fix. Sorry for the inconvenience

• @xglax said:

@pruddo said:
    I thought I reverted to the ‘standard’ plugin but I indeed am using the TestFlight beta. Thanks!

LK was updated yesterday. You'll have the same issue with the store version. I just asked because you said that you had that problem for days and I wanted to know if this might have been something new.

no problem!

• @xglax said:

@pruddo said:

I’m noticing that humanize changes the note beginnings as expected, but changing swing only changes note endings?

• @pruddo said:

@xglax said:

@pruddo said:

I’m noticing that humanize changes the note beginnings as expected, but changing swing only changes note endings?

Depends on the swing division you're using and your notes position. Try using a clip grid of 1/16 and a swing division of 1/16. Then fill all the divisions with notes. If you then apply the swing you'll see that some will be lengthen while others will have its time changed

• @xglax said:

@pruddo said:

@xglax said:

@pruddo said:

Depends on the swing division you're using and your notes position. Try using a clip grid of 1/16 and a swing division of 1/16. Then fill all the divisions with notes. If you then apply the swing you'll see that some will be lengthen while others will have its time changed

Ok thank you.

• @xglax Really good to know — i just started to use the chorder module and thought it was weirdly difficult to connect to Matrix! 😭 Also: I can’t seem to save chord presets. Is this a limitation of the trial period, or a bug? And how come I can still use the trial module years after buying the product?

Lastly: the way you pan the chord pads in DRC is much easier than LK’s method, which (unless I’m missing something) makes me dip in and out of the settings drawer. I’m assuming you’ll be folding all your best bits into a revised LK soon! 🙏

• edited January 16

@jebni said:

i just started to use the chorder module and thought it was weirdly difficult to connect to Matrix!
    Right now LK has a bug regarding the connectivity between Matrix and the other modules. In the track midi device selection you're supposed to be able to select the other modules as a midi input source. This will be addressed shortly.

I can’t seem to save chord presets
    It seems there is in fact a bug with the chord preset saving. Recently LK had a huge refactor, which aimed at improving the stability and performance with a redesigned framework. We might have introduced these issues.

And how come I can still use the trial module years after buying the product?
    Regarding the demo issue, you just need to go to the "Store" tab inside LK (just press the top left icon) and click on the "Restore purchases" button. This will restore your purchases and you'll leave the demo mode.

the way you pan the chord pads in DRC is much easier than LK’s method, which (unless I’m missing something) makes me dip in and out of the settings drawer. I’m assuming you’ll be folding all your best bits into a revised LK soon! 🙏
    Right now thats the only way to pan the chord pads. Do you find the need to use the pan with the settings closed?

• Thanks for confirming.

@xglax said:

@jebni said:

Right now thats the only way to pan the chord pads. Do you find the need to use the pan with the settings closed?

I like’ em real big, and without the facility to generate completely custom layouts based on particular scales like Tonality, the live panning in DRC fits me better.

• Thanks for those fixes, @xglax — so timely!