Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitter Apple

I was forced to update to iOS 8!So many bugs in iOS 7.1.2 and iOS 8 would be better which turned out to be quite the opposite.Every time Apple updates Audiobus did great in iOS 7.1.2 but in IOS 8 Audiobus is taking forever.Apple went to far this time and why hasn't Apple been sued for causing this problem.This is all your fault Apple!Start talking responsibility for the damage you caused Apple.

Comments

• Go ahead and sue them. Good luck with that.

• palm, meet forehead

• Yeah, I know, good old uncle Steve raised from the grave, came home to you and pointed a gun at your head and forced you to update. That's how it was. I remember exactly.

• 5 Stages of ios7 loss and grief

1. Denial and isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

To me it looks somewhere between anger and bargaining.

• If I was a lawyer I would take your money, no probs!

• that must be a parody

• edited September 2014

• Guys... there's no need to make fun of someone venting a little.

• Totally agree. I've been there. We've all been there at one point or another. Last thing you want to hear from a group of your peers when you're frustrated is mocking. That's the kind of shit that will make you want to take a can of gas and a box of matches to things.

• edited September 2014

Fair enough, you're right about the mocking and I removed my post that did so. But as I said in another post, the world is not ending. Perspective would be helpful. We have people on the earth who don't have clean water to drink, ios8 is a small trouble compared to real problems. And there are serious injustices in the world that could use the same amount of fervor and legal muscle. These issues will get fixed quickly I'm sure and all will be well again.

Hopefully the original post was in jest, and if not, it bears repeating that there were so many posts, emails, newsletter messages, etc that stated not to update right away. Bleeding edge is called that for a reason , it's risky. But this stuff will get ironed out and ios8 will hopefully work just as well as 7.1.2 did. I don't think anyone was forced to update. My iPad downloaded ios8 and I deleted it.

• kudos @mrufino1. I have upgraded and I'm in a world of regret. As Doug said in the viddy, don't do it. Fortunately for me, I knew what I was getting into and planned ahead a little (very rare for me to pull out something smart like that). But for someone that didn't, I could totally understand the huge disappointment. I didn't read the initial post as a troll but as a guy who was ready to fling his ipad into the ceiling fan. I could be wrong I guess.

• My first post was mainly in response to the comment that "someone" should be filing a suit. If you feel that strongly about it, then you be that person. If any offence was taken by the OP then I apologise.

• edited September 2014

SebastianSebastian 6:51PM +1 -1
    Guys... there's no need to make fun of someone venting a little.

that's a funny choice of words, lol
    sorry, I am in let's have some fun mood today.

• I don't know about anyone else, but my iPad 3 picked a great time to start an endless reboot cycle. I had to put the iPad into recovery mode and when it started up I had iOS 8. Much better than a non working iPad however.

• I don't think we were poking fun at the person, more like the rather overblown reaction. Now I feel doubly sorry, once for the person and second for their inability to calmly deal with an arguably minor life event.

• I am happy with the update, even if some apps broke. Gadget seems to work and Cubasis too. Quite pleased to see that iMini, iSem and Sunrizer work through IAA with Cubasis.
    Turnado and WOW don't crash, but haven't tested if they actually function yet.

iPolysix and Animoog crash on startup but I barely used them. There are AB issues of course, but I am trying to use IAA as much as possible anyway.

Looks like I am at stage 5 on the supadom scale.

• That's good to hear @raz you're through to the other side!

• Yes, I'm coming out of stage 4 myself today, hopefully. I can always roll back, but who wants to do that. Feels like giving up. Plus, it's a lot of work, and i'm super lazy. @Supadom, I didn't really think you were out of line at all. The stages of grief are absolutely applicable to this whole thing, without a doubt. I think I've sped through 1 through 4 more than once this week already. 5 is the trick. That's the one I always struggle with.

• Cool @boone51 for me the non-upgrade choice was very easy. Samplr and impaktor are 2 apps I'd struggle to live without and they're both still in the old world. Seeing how people struggle with their broken apps makes it even less attractive. I just hope that those who got burned have learned their lesson. Must admit though I find this whole thing rather entertaining. I know I'm morbid.

• The ios 8 situation is much worse than the 7 was. I updated to 7 pretty quickly an there was only a few problems. I updated to 8 on my phone to test, and most of my music apps are having problems...

• Well, to be on the safe side, I'm at stage 0.

• It's like deja vu all over again. I held off upgrading to IOS 7 as long as I could because 6.x was more stable for me at the time. I didn't upgrade until a new app. that I really wanted was released that required IOS 7 (I think it might have been Nave). I don't see any compelling reason to risk moving to 8 at this time. This is eerily similar to when Microsoft unleashed Windows 8 onto the unsuspecting public.

• @telecharge said:

Beautiful!

• @supadom said:

I don't think we were poking fun at the person, more like the rather overblown reaction. Now I feel doubly sorry, once for the person and second for their inability to calmly deal with an arguably minor life event.

Yeah, all these first-world problems!
    But: No iOS8 & no iPhone 6 (if that was even on the table) until Our Man Doug gives the signal!