Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playing multi-layered Soundfonts

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

Hi all, just joined as this forum came up as top result when googling "soundfont forum". Fingers crossed...

OK, I have been reading up on (and acquiring) Soundfonts, and SF tools.

Using sfz+, dropping SGM-V2.01.sf2 (235MB) into AWAVE, I'm told there's 280 instruments, 1747 waveforms.

Digging deeper, I find I have 6 pianos, each with up to 30 layers.

[img=http://i.imgur.com/FJW5VkS.png]

With sfz+, it tells me how many voices and layers are in use.

HOWEVER, even when I set Poly to 256, I only seem to ever be using 2 layers, and can only ever hear up to about 5 notes being played simultaneously.

Can anyone shed any light? (can post a vid if useful)

I can't see how to interpret the layer info (ie find software that says "these layers use these samples and are triggered by these notes at these velocities...)

thanks in advance for any light shed

Comments

• Not sure, seems very strange, but while you're here, my pet iguana has an unusual mottled rash on his stomach, do you have any suggestions as to what may be causing it and how to cure it? I'd be really grateful...

• edited September 2014

Try looking at the file in Viena (one 'n')? http://www.synthfont.com/Viena_news.html

In the global instrument section you'll find all of that info... how many samples are applied to each note and the velocity ranges. If you want a good piano soundfont, there are better ones out there than those found in general midi soundfonts, IMO.