Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano prelude: more sugar please.

Following @LinearLineman advice I tried more improvisation, and that ended with me trowing the Akai mini against the wall out of frustration. That stupid thing is dead, good effing riddance.
Finished that piece anyway with pen and paper, much less frustration that way. All in Logic Pro.

https://josephbalson.bandcamp.com/track/piano-prelude-more-sugar-please

Comments

• lol and gosh, Joseph. I'm sorry I caused that. At least it wasn’t an 88 note keyboard. In all fairness, it takes more than a couple of days, even if one is gifted, as you are. Then, again, maybe it’s not for you and the way you approach things.

This sounds good and distinctive.

• edited December 2023

@LinearLineman : The frustration did not come from improvising. It was all the stupid Akai mini and its random interpretation of velocity.

• edited December 2023

Ah, that sure makes sense. I remind you i’m selling a beautiful Kawai ES8. Are you in NY? I’ll give you a very good price on it if you’re interested. I hope the coming yr will be a breakthrough one for you, although you’re breaking through pretty good already.

• …and here was me thinking you’re a very patient man… 😂

You have done well to get that far with it, and every piece has amazed me considering what you played it on.

Another great piece!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ah, that sure makes sense. I remind you i’m selling a beautiful Kawai ES8. Are you in NY? I’ll give you a very good price on it if you’re interested. I hope the coming yr will be a breakthrough one for you, although you’re breaking through pretty good already.

I’m socal for a couple months. Thanks for the offer and the wishes.

@michael_m said:
    …and here was me thinking you’re a very patient man… 😂

I’m might be more resigned than patient.

You have done well to get that far with it, and every piece has amazed me considering what you played it on.

Another great piece!

Thank you.

• Just finished making some coffee here (artificial sweeteners here though. Got to watch my figure 😄). I think the improvisation works well , Akai casualties aside. Really enjoying your latest video series.

• Thanks @MadeofWax . In all honesty I had to switch to artificial sweeteners too.

• This is outstanding. Great improv! Sorry to hear about all the difficulties, though. The end result is what counts. A great writer once said - I hate writing, but I love having written. Keep that in mind when the going gets tough. You will get through it, and it will all be worthwhile!

• Nice one. You have some Brazilian influence?

• @Paulieworld @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr thank you.
    No I don’t really have any Brazilian influence that I’m aware of. I like Jacques Klein. But not really an influence.

• @jo92346 said:
    @Paulieworld @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr thank you.
    No I don’t really have any Brazilian influence that I’m aware of. I like Jacques Klein. But not really an influence.

Just my brain making random connections then, as brains do.

• Fantastico!

• edited December 2023

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jo92346 said:

Maybe not. I think most influences are unconscious. Something I listened to 20 years ago and I don’t remember might have popped up and influenced that piece. What were you thinking of?

Actually the music I listen to and the music I make a quite different.

• @jo92346 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jo92346 said:

Maybe not. I think most influences are unconscious. Something I listened to 20 years ago and I don’t remember might have popped up and influenced that piece. What were you thinking of?

Actually the music I listen to and the music I make a quite different.

It was probably that syncopated bit right at the end that made me think of Ernesto Nazareth or Heitor Villa-Lobos.

• I’m afraid I’m not familiar with them.