Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mapping pads to MV08 app

Hi.
I’m trying to map the pads on my midi controller to the pads on the MV08 app inside AUM and I can’t seem to find out how to do it.
I can map everything else, sliders, knobs, etc.
any help would be appreciated.
Alan

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2023

Do you have control over the notes sent from your midi controller? If so you could change the notes the pads send to match what MV08 uses.

MV08 uses midi Note 60, 61, 62, etc. for its pads. That corresponds to C4, C#4, D, etc. in AUM's octave naming scheme. Your controller may call those by a different octave such as C3 or C5. Midi octave naming varies as there is no standard.

If you can't change them, or don't want to because you use the controller with other pads then you can use a handy utility called mfxConvert. This sits between the controller input and MV08 in the routing. Route the controller to mfxConvert (not MV80), then route mfxConvert to MV08.

Next, engage the Learn button on the left side of mfxConvert. Tap the first pad, then set the note that corresponds to the MV08 pad that you want it to play. Repeat for every pad until all the pads are mapped. Test that all pads work as expected. If you made any mistakes, just remap those pads only. Once configured right, disengage learn and save that as a mfxConvert preset for future use.

(Note, you'll see that mfxConvert calls note 60 C3, while AUM calls it C4. Don't worry about it. That's just something you have to be aware of and get used to with MIDI.)

• Thank you very much for this.
    I used the cfxconvert method.

Just one question,
    How did you find out that MV08 uses notes 60, 61 etc?

• wimwim
    edited December 2023

@alandalton72 said:
    Thank you very much for this.
    I used the cfxconvert method.

Just one question,
    How did you find out that MV08 uses notes 60, 61 etc?

You're welcome. 👍🏼

mfxConvert is super handy for drum remapping. You can save presets for all the different drum apps you use.

I probably originally figured it out just by plunking keys on the AUM keyboard until the pads triggered. But when writing that post I looked at the mapping preset in Rozeta XOX. It lists the notes by number.

• Thanks again.
    Very helpful.