Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Album Release: Norsecraftian

edited December 2023 in Creations

Just in time for that last minute seasonal gift folks, the gift that literally no-one is wishing for…

They called them the Dark Ages for a reason…

A tentacular time trip back to when Men were Vikings, Women were shield maidens, and Gods were Elder, for the Lovecraftian in your blackest soul.

Eleven tracks of twisted noise and pagan blasphemies, available across all streaming platforms, produced and mastered on iPad with apps and just a little helping hand from my modular. And now it’s on Bandcamp too:

https://open.spotify.com/album/77RqBmKK0wW8MxqPF2uS1g?si=4NqwkjbzRQeQIfgdsXWVDQ

https://cthonicist.bandcamp.com/album/norsecraftian

…bloody hell but putting this together was hard work! Glad I’m not trying to do it for a living.

Anyhoo, for any mad, deluded souls out there that wanted a somewhat curated collection of my recent Dark Norse explorations, this is it. In constructing it, I even discovered that there is a kind of through line to it all.

I’d hesitate for reasons of fearing pretentiousness to call it a concept album, but I did follow Joseph Campbells’ classic ‘Hero’s Journey’ structure in at least stitching this thing together from the individual tracks on my SoundCloud.

My imagined backstory? A Dark Ages Lovecraftian odyssey where a Viking warrior, the sole survivor from his tribe of a sea based Elder encounter following a successful raid, witnesses Great Cthulhu himself, vows revenge on the cultists responsible for the manifestation, and seeks guidance from a volva (wise woman). Who urges him to embark on a quest, where he encounters the god of forests, Cernunnos, three more witches who may or may not be the Norns who weave men’s wyrds (fates), transitions to a dream quest via the portal of a Dolmen, and at last triumphs in an encounter with his shadow self, Sigur.

Kind of makes sense. :)

Yours to keep forever now, should you wish, or to stream at your leisure.

… Yuletide is upon us. Eat, drink, and be merry. Because, you know…

Skol!

Comments

• @Svetlovska said:
    Just in time for that last minute seasonal gift folks, the gift that literally no-one is wishing for…

A tentacular time trip back to when Men were Vikings, Women were shield maidens, and Gods were Elder, for the Lovecraftian in your blackest soul.

Eleven tracks of twisted noise and pagan blasphemies, available across all streaming platforms, produced and mastered on iPad with apps and just a little helping hand from my modular. And now it’s on Bandcamp too:

…bloody hell but putting this together was hard work! Glad I’m not trying to do it for a living.

Anyhoo, for any mad, deluded souls out there that wanted a somewhat curated collection of my recent Dark Norse explorations, this is it. In constructing it, I even discovered that there is a kind of through line to it all.

I’d hesitate for reasons of fearing pretentiousness to call it a concept album, but I did follow Joseph Campbells’ classic ‘Hero’s Journey’ structure in at least stitching this thing together from the individual tracks on my SoundCloud.

My imagined backstory? A Dark Ages Lovecraftian odyssey where a Viking warrior, the sole survivor from his tribe of a sea based Elder encounter following a successful raid, witnesses Great Cthulhu himself, vows revenge on the cultists responsible for the manifestation, and seeks guidance from a volva (wise woman). Who urges him to embark on a quest, where he encounters the god of forests, Cernunnos, three more witches who may or may not be the Norns who weave men’s wyrds (fates), transitions to a dream quest via the portal of a Dolmen, and at last triumphs in an encounter with his shadow self, Sigur.

Skol!

Oh wow, congrats! I'm going to give this a bit of twitter love, I always really dig your stuff.

• @Svetlovska said:

Skol!

Nice! Listening now!! Thank you for sharing, it’s a lovely Christmas present

• Already added 2 to my playlist! I’ll work on finishing the rest in the next couple day. Congrats on the release!

Liking this a lot so far.

• edited December 2023

Hey, hey, hey, compliments of the season to you all! :) @sevenape @HotStrange @Gavinski , thanks for the support and your kind words, and especially, Gav, to you for helping to spread the word. :)

I am inspired by this experience, and the plan for the new year will be to curate a few more albums from my now surprisingly rather large back catalog of stuff, including things not currently available on SoundCloud, or which were, and then taken off to make room before I stumped up for the unlimited Pro sub.

FWIW, I finally jumped through all the hoops there (US tax forms ?!?) to enable my tracks to have a proper code number, be available for monetisation ((ha!), be content id’ed on YouTube etc, so they are now as legit as I can make them as artefacts. ( I have no illusions about the commercial appeal though, of course: if their earning power were a temperature, they would be as close to absolute zero as anything can get.)

I think I’ll do this just by quietly adding them back into my SoundCloud back catalogue, not featuring them in the Spotlight feature there or making a retread fuss about them here. Then I can curate them, that is, weave some kind of thematic coherence amongst the various tracks (like maybe grouping all the AI vocal tracks together, for instance) and go from there.

I will though announce here when I curate an album from this as I go along, so: like that.

An early New Year’s resolution! :)

• Beautiful, inspiring stuff.

• Yes! 🙌🏼

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hey, hey, hey, compliments of the season to you all! :) @sevenape @HotStrange @Gavinski , thanks for the support and your kind words, and especially, Gav, to you for helping to spread the word. :)

I am inspired by this experience, and the plan for the new year will be to curate a few more albums from my now surprisingly rather large back catalog of stuff, including things not currently available on SoundCloud, or which were, and then taken off to make room before I stumped up for the unlimited Pro sub.

FWIW, I finally jumped through all the hoops there (US tax forms ?!?) to enable my tracks to have a proper code number, be available for monetisation ((ha!), be content id’ed on YouTube etc, so they are now as legit as I can make them as artefacts. ( I have no illusions about the commercial appeal though, of course: if their earning power were a temperature, they would be as close to absolute zero as anything can get.)

I think I’ll do this just by quietly adding them back into my SoundCloud back catalogue, not featuring them in the Spotlight feature there or making a retread fuss about them here. Then I can curate them, that is, weave some kind of thematic coherence amongst the various tracks (like maybe grouping all the AI vocal tracks together, for instance) and go from there.

I will though announce here when I curate an album from this as I go along, so: like that.

An early New Year’s resolution! :)

Planning on doing the same but like you, I know my experimental ramblings have about as much reach as an ants arms. Which is fine, I do this for fun, but sometimes knowing it’s “legit” can make you feel good haha.

• Just indulging in a listen to this very dark and eerie album on Christmas Eve. Perfect. A great antidote to all the xmas music I've been subjected to over the last few weeks :)

Some of the sounds are really evocative, imagery is conjured up in my mind with every track. And dark as it undoubtedly is, the music is also quite beautiful.

• @richardyot said:
    Perfect. A great antidote to all the xmas music I've been subjected to over the last few weeks :)

Some of the sounds are really evocative, imagery is conjured up in my mind with every track. And dark as it undoubtedly is, the music is also quite beautiful.

I can’t agree more.

• Just finished listening… what a journey. I was surprised how gentle and contemplative much of it was. Some of it is dark as others have said but not overpoweringly so. Great piece of work, deserves to do well 🙏